Where has the emotion gone???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jalbs

Babyface
ATYCLB is good but what happened to the music? come on I need something I can play that isnt so fucking happy and popish ( not to be confused with pop) u2's music needs to be more distinct and not so radio friendly! Edge is such a great guitar player, so why does the music hide behind this mess of incoherency ( what I mean by this is no sound from the band is distinguishable, everything just blends )? Why the hell doesn?t bono let loose. For the love of god God bono give some screaming emotion for I can?t stand this ballad shit. Don?t get me wrong I love everything U2! but one side of me says why the hell doesn?t bono let loose? Give us some emotion!!! The end of hawkmoon, the entire lovetown tour for the love of Christ bono get pissed off cos I know you have it in you. Don?t become some tree loving sap. I will always love U2?s music but I never thought of it as so ?. Easy listening. We need, I need U2 to make an album of kick ass: to much of past albums have been based on a chorus/verse type base( not a bad thing but too much is based on it). U2 is better then that give us bad part 2. For the love of God all current music sucks and it is up to U2 to change this shit. Sing from the soul and let us free our minds.

Another thing i wanted to say is I have been listening to The Sheila Divine and they now know about emotion! If anyone wants to listen to an underrated album listen to New Parade.

Um, you're about a year late with this thread.

And if you're wondering where the emotion is, you obviously haven't seen the live show.

Hickory dickory dock. Bono ran up the clock. Larry hit him over the head with a frying pan and the Edge kicked him. And adam came tumbling after with a bowl of sugar-coated cereal.

Nothing much to say I guess ...
... just the same as all before

U2 are the spirit, the hope and the light of mine
and if you think they cannot be to you anymore then I feel sorry for you

------------------
beLIEve

I read in rolling stone or something like that, that they decided to add wild honey to the CD, because it was so happy. They felt that people would be jumping out of windows after listening to ATYCLB. Whatever...I think it's great.

BTW, I saw the Sheila Divine a few years ago.

------------------
You Talkin' To Me?

As much as I love the last album, I know inside me...that AB and JT were better...
I also wish they could do songs like Exit or Hawkmoon...again. Why should we be bad fans if we have a critical mind on their work.
The tour was blooddy great (I have seen 5 shows) but I would also be dead if they played songs like "Into the heart", "Seconds" instead of New year's day or WOWY...
Don't miss my point...I LOVE U2...I WAKE UP with them. I listen to the last album every 2 days, I listen to the ELEVATION BOOTS every day (by the way, the best sound on boots is the PORTLAND show...the best concert is PARIS 17/07/01 as for me !)but I am plainly satisfied with the pleasure this group is giving me but you know, I have also some desires regarding them...so let's not try to be too hard with Jalbs...

Of course are both JT and AB better! But what do we want? An album as good as JT with every record? That?s to much to ask from U2

------------------
beLIEve

I guess it's normal for every fan to say, oh I wish U2 did this, I wish they played this song instead of that one. I have a few wishes like that myself. It's just that whenever someone talks about U2's music and says things like "WE need U2 to be like this and that", to me it sounds like presuming that EVERY U2 fan would be better off if only they did something according to that one person's wishes, and that annoys me sometimes. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting, but that's how I feel anyway.

Yeah, the Sheila Divine is pretty awesome. I'm not all that into their latest album, but New Parade is great. Those are definitely passionate vocals. He can really wail. I think most U2 fans would really enjoy the Sheila Divine. Good lyrics, passionate vocals, great sound.

In reply to the original post, I like happier stuff. Who wants sad music all the time? If I want something that isn't so upbeat I'll pop in Achtung Baby or Radiohead. I commend U2 for trying to make a happier, poppier album. That's a tough feat. In fact, it isn't as poppy and happy as I would have liked. The world would be a better place with more songs that sound like Wild Honey.

Back
Top Bottom