When will Vertigo hit the Radio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, if your sister heard it, that means someone else must have heard it too. Does the station have a website?

damn. we were so close, assuming these sources were credibe. I can't believe no one picked up on or talked about it though, I mean come on. Eventually it would have caught on by media, etc.. etc.. who heward it or was reported about it.

Hi could it slip by unnoticed? And i wouldn't be suprised if people did record the radio all day long.

Wow, didn't we all learn from the indie event? Are we that desperate to hear the new single that we become insatiably gullible?

Don't we know how tight the security is in the u2 camp right now? Especially after the album went missing? Do you really think a relatively small blase 'mix' radio station from (of all places Phoenix) would play it so early? Especially without a big promo? And especially being a Clear Channel station? The label reps that went around to dj's playing vertigo on their ipod seriously would be fired if they let it slip. Come on people... Even *if* (big IF) they had an illegal copy, do you really think the Clear Channel lawyers would just let that pass? Not buying it.. sorry- i don't necessarily believe the poster is lying, but the best we go off of is a second hand report from a casual u2 fan....

believe away if you wish... i will eat my words if they play it, but their website doesn't stream, and you can check their backlog of recently played songs...

Last edited:
This has got to be one of the worst websites for a radio station ever. After signing up to check the messege boards and doing a search on the site itself, I've found not even no "Vertigo", but I have yet to find any reference to U2 whatsoever!

hmmm...

elfyx said:
Wow, didn't we all learn from the indie event? Are we that desperate to hear the new single that we become insatiably gullible?

Don't we know how tight the security is in the u2 camp right now? Especially after the album went missing? Do you really think a relatively small blase 'mix' radio station from (of all places Phoenix) would play it so early? Especially without a big promo? And especially being a Clear Channel station? The label reps that went around to dj's playing vertigo on their ipod seriously would be fired if they let it slip. Come on people... Even *if* (big IF) they had an illegal copy, do you really think the Clear Channel lawyers would just let that pass? Not buying it.. sorry- i don't necessarily believe the poster is lying, but the best we go off of is a second hand report from a casual u2 fan....

believe away if you wish... i will eat my words if they play it, but their website doesn't stream, and you can check their backlog of recently played songs...

:up:

I will bet anything that the DJ announced that the next song was from U2 and that they had a new single "Vertigo" coming out soon. Then they played something relatively obscure like "A Day Without Me" and some casual fans thought it was Vertigo. I really doubt they actually played Vertigo itself.

Next thing we know, someone will be crawling out from under a rock claiming that their aunt heard Vertigo on an obscure station in Salt Lake City. WEAK.

yeah, i'm not buying it at all, likely a misinterpretation on behalf of the listeners.

only 1o more freakin days..it seems harder to last 10 days than it did 30 or even 2 weeks...10 more freakin days...

LOL I'm gonna stop being involved in this thread because it really isn't worth arguing about. We'll all hear it soon, I just though I'd share the fact that what my sister heard was Vertigo.

I have been a U2 fan since I was 7 years old when I saw the video for With or Without You. From that day on, I became a huge fan of music, and had to hear everything by U2. U2 happens to be not just a huge thing in my life, but in my family's as well. To say that me, or even my sister for that matter who has every single U2 albulm herself. I used to be crazy about trading bootlegs, getting all the latest news, etc. Only recently have I registered to Interference.com, but I have known about the site for years and have been a long time lurker.

Believe it, don't believe it. Vertigo is definitely what my sister heard, on Mix 96.9 in Phoenix. We'll all hear it soon enough, so i'm done with this thread!

-Waz

LOL like I said in an earlier post today, dont' mind my retarded posts....i've been sick all day. What I meant to say in that last post:

To say that me (or my sister for that matter who has every single U2 albulm herself), are casual fans is an under estimate.

-Waz

wasilefsky said:
Ya i'm crossing my fingers that my sister's wrong. She really likes just about every U2 song that was ever put out so I was surprised to hear her say she was disappointed w/ what she's heard of Vertigo so far.

-Waz

In my experience, it's hard to really appreciate a song on the first listen. It has to be given a few listens at least, to have time to grow on you. I'm sure alot of people HATED Zoo Station when it was first heard, or Discotheque (especially). So I'm not worried about Vertigo. She said that it sounded like they were trying too hard, and I remember the first time I heard Beautiful Day I thought they were REALLY trying too hard. Look at how great that song is, I don't know what I was thinking.

Just give it time when it comes out...

Well, for all the doubters out there. The song WAS played FRIDAY afternoon on 96.9 only ONCE. No B.S. I called the station to request Vertigo & he told me that he couldn't play it again because the station received a letter after they played it (a cease request...talk about Clear Channel watching your every move). He asked if I heard it on Friday & I told my friend had heard so I thought I'd request it since I haven't heard it at all.

I asked him about the song & he was VERY excited about it so that's good news.

I'm sure they didn't build it up so that we would a chance to get recording equipment up. It was played in the late afternoon when most people are at school or work so that doesn't help. The DJ said that "we sneaked" the song in there on Friday.

You would think with a city this big that SOMEBODY recorded it. He told me that we'd have to wait for the official word to hear it again. Oh well, I guess U2.com or an official radio premiere will be our first chance to hear it.

Last edited:
Dude I would have loved to tape it but a few things:

1.) Mix 96.9 sucks....they play the lamest music all day long, and I rarely listen to it.

2.) It was un-announced & un-expected. My sister happened to be flipping radio stations at the time.

3.) I was out of town.

Tell Edge's cousin to suck it!! :)

-Waz

Odds are someone taped it. Maybe they missed the first few seconds, but SOMEONE had to have taped this!
Whoever you are, hurry up. 10 days? Too long.

Welllllll...

If that's the case, then people actually have copies of the CD. How much longer until it hits the net? You have to believe that at least one of these DJs is going to rip a copy of the song and email it to a friend.

I dunno man....Mix 96.9 is about the lamest station on the planet. I don't know why anyone would tape it. I seriously listened all day today and heard the same songs like 8-10 times. Hoobastank's "The Reason," Maroon 5 "Harder to Breathe," Smashmouth, Finger Eleven, etc. etc.

Let's cross our fingers, I don't wanna wait 10 days!!

-Waz

I think it's :censored: up that they did that. The DJ should be fired. It's an insult to U2 and all their marketing efforts. And whoever gave the station the VertigoCD or mp3 should be dealt with.

This kind of thing really pisses me off.

:confused: That's odd.

I thought Interscope people played the song to DJs on their Ipods and left, WITHOUT leaving any kind of copy. They even have the song numbered so they would know immediately if the song did get out.

Also, I thought that on the 24th they will send out the song in mp3 shape, no CDs this time around.

Last edited:
I thought that too until I read an article from one of my mailing lists (I think? I usually delete them. I cannot find it now to save my life!) that said there were a few hard copies made and digitally encoded so if anyone were to leak them, it could be traced back to the rep who the disk was issued to. I'm sure someone else got/read this article. It talked about how they would super glue cd players shut in an effort to prevent piracy with people like Tori Amos... Someone please prove my sanity?

I remember reading something similar - I think it was on this forum.
Pearl Jam had the cd players with the copies of new song super glued together so it wouldn't leak. Then it said U2 wouldn't go as far, but that they DO have it all numbered.

So they WILL know who leaks, and where it got out. I imagine - if it's true - the DJ and radio station are in a bit of a trouble right now.

yeh that's true, I read that as well, no idea where, perhaps we're both insane? Anywho, do radio stations actually have copies right now, or were they just played to people and the reps took them back? Because how could these two radio stations play the song unless the people who reported it are full of shit, which seems very likely at this point. Please clarify someone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom