when i look at the world?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allbecauseofu2

Refugee
has this ever been done live? i saw a thread before of someone who said they have it but i thought it was never done live? or was it reherseal?

It was a snippet during the Elevation Tour, I believe.

I thought I had read something about some fans starting a petition during that tour to get the band to play it.

It was snippeted on 27 November 2001 in Kansas City. It was a pretty long snippet at the end of Bad, seguing into Streets.

Axver said:
It was snippeted on 27 November 2001 in Kansas City. It was a pretty long snippet at the end of Bad, seguing into Streets.

hxxp://s5.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3DGSV6K351O2V3FN94UOQIAVZ7

It's WILATW over the music to Bad.
I love the studio version of this, and this isn't bad, but Bono's voice isn't good enough in the high registers to carry it off at this concert. Nevertheless it is cool to hear (and is that a segue into Streets I spy?).
:)

thelaj said:
Can't wait to hear this :)

By the way, does anyone know why smileys don't display on my Interference?
does that happen all the time? because that happens to me often, but not all the time. i guess that's just when the server that hosts the smileys is down? i don't know...

does anyone else here think the beat of WILATW is reallllly simliary to Walk On's beat?

I think there are vague similarities to the beat...but I much prefer the effects and vocal on WILATW.

The smileys never display...

lol i just posted this by mistake and its' at 2 pages. i wanted to make sure that it wasn't realy done live in full cause till now i have at least one live version of every song u2 has done from a studio album. and i;m not couting snippets. i had it that for a while till they did fast cars,wanderer,first time and crumbs live. now i got that. boys the only album with no songs left to do.

It's a really beautiful song. In my opinion, ATYCLB was one of the best of U2's songwriting attempts, if not the best! All songs are just so meaningful and lyrical. WILATW especially is a lovely song.

A true gem, wish it was played...

Encore(s): Bullet The Blue Sky, With Or Without You, One, When I Look At The World, Walk On

I agree, and in fact if I had a wish for any song to be played it would be either WILATW or Acrobat. Or Wire. WILATW is a terrific song, in my opinion the third best on ATYCLB behind Kite and TGBHF.

thelaj said:
Can't wait to hear this :)

By the way, does anyone know why smileys don't display on my Interference?

Are you using the smilies from the box on the left when you create your message, or typing your own? Because the :) smilie doesn't have a - in it.

Click on the Smilies box at the left when you create your message and choose one of those smilies, and it will show. Oh, and make sure you don't have "Disable Smilies in This Post" checked, under your message. :wink:

Thanks for posting that link, Azor! :up:

Man, I love that version of WILATW over 'Bad' guitar! It's like a whole new song! :love:

Sue DeNym said:

Are you using the smilies from the box on the left when you create your message, or typing your own? Because the :) smilie doesn't have a - in it.

Click on the Smilies box at the left when you create your message and choose one of those smilies, and it will show. Oh, and make sure you don't have "Disable Smilies in This Post" checked, under your message. :wink:

I can't see *any* smilies, on anyones post, or anywhere on the page..

I really wish they played this song live in its entireity more often on the Elevation Tour and maybe throw it in on the Vertigo Tour somewhere. I think it would go well with Running to Stand Still.

I think the more stripped version with "Bad" is very awesome. Makes me appreciate the song alot more. Bono's voice is actually hitting those notes a little more (where in the album he just croaks :huh: ) If they did full band, I don't think it would sound as good, in my opinion, too much sound for such a soft song. But that's just me.

*Wishes I had broadband*

Anyone know why this wasn't played live?

PS sniggirb - What happened to those U2 Album Awards? I thought that was a terrific idea. Bring on October! :up:

Back
Top Bottom