When Adam was MIA in Australia... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2001, 02:00 PM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 05:24 PM
When Adam was MIA in Australia...

I totally forgot about this "incident" on the Popmart tour. Can someone please tell me exactly what happened? I heard his bass tech filled in for him. How did everything sound? Are there any mp3's of this show?

Old 11-24-2001, 02:05 PM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:24 AM
I'm curious to how it sounded as well. I even hear that there is a vhs copy floating around which is what I want to check out. By the way it was during Zootv for the filming of the video that is available.

Old 11-24-2001, 06:05 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 10:24 AM
Well, I'll try and tell it as best as I can...the night before the first show in Sydney, Adam went on a binge.(Now I think he and that crack whore Naomi either just broke up, or they didn't break up, she was just cheating on him) Anyways, he found out she was seeing other people, and he went to town.
I guess he was so gone, he didn't recognize his own crew and staff. Stuart(his bass tech) filled in for him, the show had to go on-because they were taping the next night. Now in my opinion, Adam must have really hit it hard because you know these guys have played shows hungover, sick, and still drunk.
In Bill Flanigans book, it explains the situation first hand.
I hope this helped.
Old 11-24-2001, 06:07 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
In Bill Flanigans book, it explains the situation first hand.
I hope this helped.
i believe flanagan or someone else i have read, makes allusions to prostitutes being involved in adam's letting go.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.
Old 11-25-2001, 06:42 AM   #5
Thom's Bitch

Local Time: 03:24 AM
Apparently they threw up a few ideas of how to do the show that night if they would do it at all. One idea involved Edge playing bass for the show with Dallas taking over Edge's role. How wierd would that have been?

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."
Old 11-26-2001, 11:56 AM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 05:24 PM
The show you are referring to was during the Zooropa Down Under tour not Popmart and yes, Adam's bass technician filled in.

Not sure about mp3 files of this show, but a bootleg of the entire show does exist, although the sound quality of the one I'm familiar with is fair at best and I believe it to be the only bootleg of this show that is in circulation at the moment.

Old 11-26-2001, 12:09 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:24 PM
I have the bootleg from that show. The sound quality is atrocious, but it is interesting as a novelty item.

-sula
Old 11-26-2001, 12:33 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man:
Apparently they threw up a few ideas of how to do the show that night if they would do it at all. One idea involved Edge playing bass for the show with Dallas taking over Edge's role. How wierd would that have been?

Hmm well that would have been...uhh quite strange...although they could have just all switched places...

Edge:Bass
Dallas:Guitar
Bono : Drums
Larry:Vocals
tee hee

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*