Whats this all about?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungDude

The Fly
U2-Shows 2008 in London ? Wie erwartet dementiert !

Check out the latest article on u2tour.de

My german ain't that good, but I can understand U2 show 2008 london. If this is what I think it is I might have found the right place and time to lose my U2-virginity. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Could some german guy please translate it for us?

Saw it on U2start I think.

They're rumoured to play 21 nights at the O2 Arena in London like Prince did.

GREAT FIND........

I GOOGLED u2 london 2008..... I can't spend time on it right now..... there is some stuff in other languages.

What is the story???????

It says that this is an unfounded rumour that has been going around for some time now and that the O2 arena has already denied it.

Got this off a translation site: "After already before round a year suspicious ticket bidders before reservation had offered for never taken place shows in London and Paris, so slowly again the time comes now where tour-rumors appear around U2 in the media. So now also very up-to-date out of England where the This Is London report de of an entry of the Londoners O2-Arena in 2008 to magazines (proper to the Evening standard) and also music week. U2 would have announced itself there for several concerts. We can calm you however: There are no nourishment at all or base for this message. How so again U2 often are brought probably also here in a venue in conversation, creates the momentarily one consciences ascent and/or is in all mouths - in this case hold the O2-Arena as a "cider popular world venue". Intelligibly, that under many large name U2 do not be missing may. The O2-Arena also already denied vis-à-vis us the thing. Therefore if its somewhere the News read should be, it nothing at it. Assumes once that in the coming year no tour will take place and the volumes in the autumn winter in quiet will place its album on the market. Concert messages should concretize is lived learned themselves, it it naturally here how"

No truth to it...

waynetravis said:
Saw it on U2start I think.

They're rumoured to play 21 nights at the O2 Arena in London like Prince did.

OMG, when I read this I was about to have a fit and start crying, but then thought that it couldn't be true and calmed down.

If it was true I would definitely cry from now till 2008..

I can see a few small shows as promo for the new album if we're expecting an album next year. I don't, however, see U2 doing several shows in the same venue for that purpose.

From u2.com:

Concert Rumours (Unfounded)

Just a note to correct reports that tickets are becoming available for planned U2 shows next year.

There are no plans for live dates next year - so please don't buy tickets for any U2 shows you see advertised.

You can be sure any future live announcements will be made on U2.Com as soon as they are confirmed.

I think it's really sad that they are advertising it this way and misleading fans.

Still, I find "U2 plays O2" somewhat interesting. I hope it WILL turn out to be true once a new album is released.

Back
Top Bottom