what song is the worst?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't stand Wanderer, Grace, Wild Honey.

Zooropa rocks my world, some of the best dreamy gutair work u2 have ever done is on that track. I also quite like 'Somedays are better than others'

"The Playboy Mansion" is far worse than "Miami" any day of the week.:madspit:

but anyway......I vote for "When Love Comes To Town".

:down: .....and B.B.King can't play a fucking E chord to an A chord???????

most shocking musical moment in the 20th century, by a million miles......:censored:

i'm not joking, i dislike the song. there arent many u2 songs i genuinly dislike, but that is one of them, for sure.

to each their own

Leeloo said:
Personally I can't stand MOFO or the cover of Happiness is a Warm Gun.

Man that cover is one of my favourites, even my friend who finds U2 hopelessly derivative liked it. Oh and Miami rock's though it does take a while to grow on you.

Anyhow I'd have to agree with the above mentioned Stranger in a Strange Land. Pretty weak.

Also Red Light is a tad embarassing one of the few U2 song which reeks of the 80's.

MrBrau1 said:
Dirty Day. They don't even sound like they're trying on this one. Thin, weak, and uninspired.

I thought so too . . . but the Junk Day Remix had me sold on this song when I heard it. It almost seems like it unleashes the fury that the album cut suppresses.

Most of the songs I've disliked for a long time just took a while to *click* -- some examples include the album version of Velvet Dress, UF, MOFO (live versions and remixes are much better than the album cut). 11 o'clock took a while for me to like (I know...sick). Zooropa as a whole took me forever to like at all.

Yeah, but Miami does suck.

I really dig Playboy Mansion. It was one of my favorite songs off Pop. When Pop came out, I don't know which magazine, but they said Playboy Mansion was the best track.

I would have to go with Refugee & Red Light. Those 2 songs make me want to puke. The begining of Refugee is horrible. OH-OH-OHHH, REFUGEE....... :yikes:

As for Miami, I think it was recorded wrong. Bono sounds like he was in a home studio. The live version is really good.

I would go with Miami... this song has always bothered me!!!
I love Playboy Mansion, Zooropa and Promenade though unlike some of you!

American Prayer...please don't put that on the new CD, or even as a B-Side!!!:madspit:

There are lots of U2 songs that I dont really like that much, but I end up getting into them, becuase it is U2, however the ones that I have never been able to dig and really despise are,

Discoteque- I am always reminded of that horrid film clip when I hear this song and it is awful, awful, awful!!!

Whos gonna ride your wild horses- for me it is the only blemish on Achtung Baby, I dont know why I dont dig this song- it has great lyrics and alright melody/musicianship, but I just hate it, I think that at times I really dont like U2 when they go 'ballady', or maybe its just the "sha, la, la's!"

Im gonna get flamed for this, but here goes- All of ATYCLB, except for Elevation, NY NY, Walk On, Day- This album just hasnt grown on me, I try and try, but still nothing comes, its all too 'adult contemporary' for me, if it were not U2 I definately wouldn't own a copy of this album........

I'm sick of all the hate, so I am going to go and start an appreciation thread, for a often over looked classic, well in my book that is:wink:

OzAurora said:

Discoteque- I am always reminded of that horrid film clip when I hear this song and it is awful, awful, awful!!!

:scream: :no: I'm with you all the way on this one. Awful and horrid is right. Perish the thought! :uhoh:

mobonofo said:
American Prayer...please don't put that on the new CD, or even as a B-Side!!!:madspit:

Yeah I agree. Yak, it's awful!!! And I don't like 'The hands that built America' either. 1) It's just not good and 2) I hate patriotism (especially American)

The Unforgettable Fire, Red Minning Hill Town, Where The Street has no Name, Beautifull Day, New Year?s Day , Bad,Pride , A Day Without Me, Gloria

Back
Top Bottom