What happened to Tough, Full Metal Jacket, Native Son

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eusian

Babyface
I know FMJ became Native Son, and Bono spoke of Native Son in many interviews. When I heard "Sometimes you can't make it" start with the word "Tough" I thought it might have been the song called Tough, but the track lists from 2003 contained both SYCMI and Tough

So what happened to these songs - if they were as good as Bono made out, why aren't they on the album?

only U2 will know the true answers to your question. all we can do is speculate.

eusian said:
"Tough" I thought it might have been the song called Tough, but the track lists from 2003 contained both SYCMI and Tough

Those tracklists were just speculation. SYCMIOYO and Tough are one and the same.

Native Son probably became Vertigo.

Yes that is correct....and I am sure that some of the rumoured titles that wearnt used for this album will be used for the next....they seem to always keep working titles for a long time.

For the 8000th and last time, the band confirmed that FMJ/Native Son and Vertigo are the same song (different lyrics obviously), I think Skyhawk is also the same song.

Some of us who were saying that back 3,4 months ago also speculated that Tough and Sometimes are the same song. It's a good bet.

Looks like Mercy is Xanax and Wine.
I am betting that Miracle Drug is Sun, Moon, Stars, but that is my own speculation.

Back
Top Bottom