U2's Charities/Donations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
What are the bands specific donations?

I know the One single had proceeds given to AIDS groups, and they played a show in Hershey in '92 and gave proceeds to local charities. What are some others? I often run into that old arguement against U2 basically saying they don't put their $ where their mouth is.

I'd have to do some research, but off the top of my head, I remember that the Sweetest Thing single was given to Ali and all the proceeds went to War Child.

Greenpeace, Netaid (charity for which New Day duet was recorded), Drop the Debt/Jubilee 2000, Red hot & Rio (AIDS charity organisation CD for which they recorded Night and Day), A very special Christmas (charity organisation CD for which they recorded Baby please come home), Free Tibet koncert, they protested against Sellafield during Zoo TV.

Last edited:
I think most charities are mentioned here. You have to remember that even for a rich and media attracting band like U2 it's better to concentrate on a few charities and give them your best than to diversify too much.

Is this enough for the Dylan elitists? ;)

C ya!

Marty (who regularly checks the newsgroups through Google)

Popmartijn said:
I think most charities are mentioned here. You have to remember that even for a rich and media attracting band like U2 it's better to concentrate on a few charities and give them your best than to diversify too much.

C ya!

You just made my head blow up! POP! hehe!:wave:

Popmartijn said:

C ya!

I agree. You have to choose who you're going to help or you'll spread yourself too thin and won't get anything substantial done. It's also been reported in the press that they've given oodles of $$ to Oxfam.

Back
Top Bottom