U2 to quit??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you shout... said:
Not to mention, of course, that this was written by someone in the, for lack of a better term, European press. It might not be as bad as the so-called "journalism" (that's a laugh) in England, but it's still yellow as fucking shit.

Yes, because everyone knows that the USA is a hotspot for top quality journalism.

:|

Bodnex said:

Yes, because everyone knows that the USA is a hotspot for top quality journalism.

:|
I wouldn't mind, Bodnex. Some comments are just too ludicrous to deserve a response.

Last edited:
You spelled response incorrectly, "Some comments are just too ludicrous to deserve a respond" makes no sense. And I thought you were having a go at me.

Bodnex said:
You spelled response incorrectly, "Some comments are just too ludicrous to deserve a respond" makes no sense. And I thought you were having a go at me.

I wasn't, and anyway, I corrected it :whistle:

I was referring to the comment that you quoted, not you.

i think am just not going to belive this article.... as people have said "reliable sources" never turn out to be that reliable, plus the amount of things they got wrong in the article is embarrasing

So what if U2 quits and disbands? We have Coldplay! :shrug:

*runs and hides*

Seriously... I think they need a break for a year or 2 maybe so they can seek out fresh ideas and get inspiration from something new and interesting! We've all seen what happened when they took interest in the fall of the Berlin Wall, the end of Communism and the changing cultural scene of Europe. :drool:

"“This has been one of the longest and most exhausting tours the band have ever undertaken."

haha, uhm 3 legs is the normal for U2 tours. The longest would be what, Zoo TV? wasn't it 5 legs and a new album recorded during that tour as well?

They just added a 4th leg to this tour.

Zootlesque said:
So what if U2 quits and disbands? We have Coldplay! :shrug:

*runs and hides*

Seriously... I think they need a break for a year or 2 maybe so they can seek out fresh ideas and get inspiration from something new and interesting! We've all seen what happened when they took interest in the fall of the Berlin Wall, the end of Communism and the changing cultural scene of Europe. :drool:

Yeah, what happened to them is what you see in your avatar :tsk:

:wink:

I'm not worried at all by this article, it's just the same BS that is said about the band all the time.

I think they are just going to take a well deserved break when the tour is done. Like it's been pointed out that article really contradicts itself. Wouldn't even begin to worry that U2 is splitting up!

KUEFC09U2 said:
i know its probabley just bs, but a very scary thought :sad:

why? the world is not gonna end? I would personally be more scared of a terrorist attack or something. :sad:

Ugh, how many times in the last two decades have the "U2 set to quit" rumours been flying around? Honestly. You can start to worry when Bono announces he's doing a duet album with Beyonce Knowles, no need to start worrying now. :wink: And while it's scary and sad to think about it, we have to accept that U2 are going to quit one of these days. It's inevitable. But I highly doubt it'll happen now. They still have at least two albums left in them, I think.

Zootlesque said:

why? the world is not gonna end? I would personally be more scared of a terrorist attack or something. :sad:
just because there would be no more U2

What's the scarier thought? U2 becoming Rolling Stones or U2 quitting in due time? :hmm:

U2Man said:
What's the scarier thought? U2 becoming Rolling Stones or U2 quitting in due time? :hmm:

The former. But I don't think U2 will let themselves slip to those depths.

Well, KUEF, if it's any comfort, think about what people went through when The Beatles split or John Lennon was shot.

...but don't worry U2 are not gonna split this time.

:) the good thing is, it hasnt been reported anywhere else, so am pretty sure if it was true, a bigger tabloid or T.V. station would have picked up on it long before the people, and then the fact that it says "this is only the begging and they will probabley come back bigger and better than ever" just totally discredits the whole article really,

U2Man said:
I hope I am :wink:

I think you are. By the way, I'm listening to Echo And The Bunnymen's "Do It Clean" right now, and looking at your location. Any connection between the two, or is it just a giant coincidence? :wink:

P.S. - 5,000th post. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom