U2 songs that remind you of someone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
Each time you listen to it

1) One tree hill - one of my friend ( timir) who died in 2001

2) Sometimes you cant - my dad :wink: - he always fights with me.... he is 65 and doing good :)

3) Whos gonna ride - one of female friend's - i went out with her few times between 2001 and 2003 end when I switched my job to be out of the city.

1) With or without you - my ex-girlfriend

2) In a little while - a couple of mates who always laughed at me for liking U2 so i sent them both this song and they shut up. It's such a great tune.

New Year's Day-- my recent ex :sad: On our first date we went into the bar and it came on

Kite- My mom wants me to play it at her funeral :sad:

I'm sure I'll think of more in a bit since I've listened to U2 forever

Kite - my oldest brother, who I lost a decade ago.

With or Without You - a friend of mine; we agreed that if either of us could emulate anyone's voice, it would be like Bono's on this song.

All Because of You - my grandma, who taught me everything.

Lemon - my old humanities teacher...I made a mosaic of a lemon while listening to this song and she took one look at it and said, "This reminds me of that U2 song."

All I want is you - my ex proposed to me to that song. When we broke up I didn't listen to it for a long time. :sad:

Love is Blindness - another ex :huh:

Like Stars said, there are probably more...but I can't think of them right now.....

With or Without You--ex
Lemon--my friend who has a love/hate relationship with this song. :wink:
Discotheque--best friend. this was our song the year Pop came out. Every party we went to we heard it.
So Cruel--best friend has this on her licence plates. :heart:

I'll have to think about any other one.

'Mofo' reminds me of u2popmofo.

'New Year's Day' reminds me of my mum and bro.

'Sunday Bloody Sunday' reminds me of one of my junior high teachers.

'She's A Mystery To Me' always reminds me of whatever girl I'm interested in at the given moment.

etc.

With or Without You: my dad - he was dying of cancer when I got into U2. This song seemed to comfort me through the process.

In a Little While: My on again/off again ex at the time shared a thin wall with me at work. Whenever she would hear this song through the wall, we were on again. :wink:

Kite: Bono and his kids...maybe me and my future kids.

Kite, With Or Without You, One, All I Want Is You, Walk On - my recent ex...:huh: Haha...Yahweh was his favorite U2 song so that should probably go on the list, too.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own- my dad...and my ex again

City Of Blinding Lights- My buddy Luke, for some reason. It just seems to fit him.

Running To Stand Still, Crumbs From Your Table- My youth pastor, Steve because he's a huge U2 fan. He sang RTSS one night, and CFYT is one of his favorite songs.

There are a lot of other songs too...

with or without you- really good friend of mine that shot me down :( yet we were able to be good friends again

Yahweh- My Wonderful Lord and Savior

Original of the Species- my best buddies that like to make fun of it by singing the 'do do do do do' part during class

Desire- one of those buds cuz i was watching the video at his house so we were both singing it haha

So Cruel....a friend of mine that is sort of strining me along since he knows I like him, and sort of plays with my heartstrings a little.

Numb - My cousin, it's likely his favorite U2 song.

Numb(again) - My mom, she thought the video was weird when she first saw it in 1993(when I didn't know much about U2).

Original Of The Species, All I Want Is You, Ultra Violet, A Sort Of Homecoming - Miss imp13

Okay here's a corny puppy-love reminder: In a Little While--I had a mad crush on this guy in 11th grade and he also lived down the street from me. By playing this song I consoled myself that he would be mine "in a little while":rolleyes: :) ahh it perfectly fit my feelings...

Bad - My mom because back in the day, when I was getting into U2 and had my drivers permit, I always listened to 'Bad' while I drove. She would always comment about the 'I'm wide awaaaake..' parts and comment about their band name U2.

COBL, SYCMIOYO - My brother because when I listen to the songs, he always ends up getting these two songs in his head and sings the parts randomly around the house :rolleyes:. also because at our first U2 show, he thought the lighting was incredibly on COBL, and Bono's vocals soared during SYCMIOYO

Miracle Drug - My ex because it was his favorite song by U2 and whenever we were in the car together, he'd always ask me to play Miracle Drug on my iPod

LMBLover said:
Okay here's a corny puppy-love reminder: In a Little While--I had a mad crush on this guy in 11th grade and he also lived down the street from me. By playing this song I consoled myself that he would be mine "in a little while":rolleyes: :) ahh it perfectly fit my feelings...

Been there, done that..

(still doing it :shh: )

Miracle Drug reminds me of my friend Holly, because I had a huge crush on her and I thought, at the time, MD was a love song lol.

Beautiful Day reminds me of my friend Phil oddly enough, because the first time I ever heard it he was over the house playing videogames. I repeated the song approximately 6,139.6 times that day.

In A Little While reminds me of my friend Tiffany because she's my "sister" in that we used to be really close and all, but not so much any more. I never thought of it as much of a love song as I did a pact of friendship.

I see Kite through the context of my Mother and Grandfather's relationship. He died around the same time the song was released.

Running to Stand Still - an ex-friend of mine who hated his life, but would never do anything to try to change/improve it. :(

Yaweh....My Grandfather who I was very close to, who passed 10 years ago.:sad:

Beautiful Day, Elevation, Pride, Staring @ the Sun...My 2 boys, because they sing them all the time.:happy:

Stuck in a Moment....Me :madspit:

Sometimes...Oh how I can relate to Bonos relationship with his father, in my case mother:coocoo:

And the rest....Just about those 4 Irishmen that make me :drool:

WildHoneyAlways said:

Discotheque--best friend. this was our song the year Pop came out. Every party we went to we heard it.

So people played Discotheque at parties? Man. I always thought it was the perfect party song. A lot of the songs on Pop would be good for parties (MOOOOFOOOO!). But all the parties I've ever been to play dumb rap songs. You get an occassional good one by Outkast or whatever and the rest is crap, that they play. Not even any mediocre generic techno :(

I don't think I can pick a single song and a single person it relates to. Every song has so many memories attached to it. If you listened to every song I'd ever listened to (not just U2) and could somehow also see every memory I had attached to each song, you'd have most of my life, since at least 3rd grade or so (when I got into U2 and began really, really loving music). It seems like every experience I have can be tied to a song, whether it is relevant to the experience at all or just the song I happened to be listening to around that time.

Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World -- My sister.

Not cos she's always hungover or anything (she doesn't really drink) but because she always looks out for others so much and forgets about herself. I was devastated when I found out the song was about a hangover. It's pretty obvious now that I think of it. :reject:

New Years Day- my girlfriend, its her favorite U2 song

ISHFWILF (with New Voices of Freedom version on RH)- my dad, he loves this version of the song, and was the person who got me into U2; I am forever grateful:)

Refugee - my sister, because we once got real hyper and decided to make up "dance moves" (if you can call them that) to this song.

Original of the Species - my dad, because he says it's one of his favorite U2 songs, and he jokingly says that the line "I want the lot of what you got and I want nothing that you're not" is so profound that he would have it inscribed on his tombstone as a tribute to my mom :yes:

With or Without You - All the girlfriends I had when I was 16 (about 4 of them). It was an "our song" for each and every one of them when this was a hit on the charts. :D

Back
Top Bottom