U2 on the radio - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2002, 11:17 AM   #21
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Carmanah

... but, sometimes it's just the mountains that block the waves. But I guess I should have elaborated, hehe...

Angel - which station were you referring to? I remember The Q playing all kinds of U2 songs
Oh hey, I didn't mean anything bad by it, I thought it was cute. Anyway, I was referring to the Q. I know Rick Everett is a big U2 fan so he tends to play them alot.
The Zone is great actually. They sponserred a huge U2 gathering at the IMAX to preview the Boston DVD and gave away a ton of prizes. I should check their station out more, I keep forgetting they exist.

Old 07-04-2002, 11:20 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:01 AM

[color=royal blue]MD.....with most stations comin in from DC

There is one station, Z104, that switched formats a few months ago bc they used to just play stuff like NSync all the time.....since the switch they have been playing a lot more U2, even AIWIY and WGRYWH and SATS which before then I had never heard on the radio before. So that's cool. Every now and then IWF comes on. They've even starting playing the acoustic version of Stuck which is AWESOME to hear on the radio. Even the ppl who work there seem to love U2 bc they always share U2 related news, like Eli's bday and Edge's wedding o_O It's very cool.

Other stations play 'em every now and then, but mostly it's the newer stuff.

DC101 will play the live version of "Bad" sometimes......and they mostly do the newer stuff and JT stuff....every now and then EBTTRT or MW too.

WHFS played a live version of Bullet once......

98 rock I've only heard play WOWY...

Wow now that I think about it we got a lot more than I thought....

When the Stars Go Blue has been getting a decent amount of airplay, too.
[/color]

Old 07-04-2002, 12:40 PM   #23
Elvis' Naughty Angel

May I add that I have been at work for just over four hours and so far my radio station have played BD, WOWY and now Joy with Bono and Mick Jagger.

Ahhhhhhhhhh Love the U2 content.
Old 07-04-2002, 04:30 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:01 PM
I reallly don't listen to the radio that much but when I do this is what I hear: Beautiful Day, Elevation, SBS, Pride......a bit from Elevation, a bit from the '80's, not much from the '90's.
Old 07-04-2002, 04:42 PM   #25
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:01 AM

I heard The Fly today.
Old 07-04-2002, 04:48 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

I've been late to work because I've been sitting in the car listening to a U2 song on the radio.....never mind that I've got the darn thing at home.
Old 07-04-2002, 08:56 PM   #27
The Fly

Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angel
May I add that I have been at work for just over four hours and so far my radio station have played BD, WOWY and now Joy with Bono and Mick Jagger.

Ahhhhhhhhhh Love the U2 content.

Alright! That's it! I'm now going to forever have 100.3 The Q set as my default radio station. However, as soon as I stepped into the van today and turned on the radio, the Zone was playing Beautiful Day, haha...
Old 07-04-2002, 09:17 PM   #28
Refugee

just heard bad and beautiful day.

also, not a u2 song, but i just heard big empty by stp. god i love that song!

Incredible lyrics especially these lines:

To much walkin', shoes worn thin
To much trippin' and my souls worn thin
Old 07-07-2002, 08:37 PM   #29
The Fly

I heard Beautiful Day at 3am this morning...

but the strangest thing was last evening while dining at a trendy seafood restaurant... they were playing all kinds of songs over their speakers, and while it was too noisy to figure out what the songs were, part way through my meal I could recognize the bassline to Until The End of the World. It's really quite an original bassline - hard to mistake it for any other. I don't think I've ever heard that song in a restaurant before! So I was highly amused.... :P
Old 07-08-2002, 09:57 AM   #30
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:01 AM
In Seattle...

96.5 (the Point) - 80s format - SBS, NYD, ISHFWILF, WTSHNN, WOWY, IWF, Pride

99.9 - KISW - Rock format - WTSHNN, BTBS, Desire

101.5 - Star - Pop format - BD, Elevation, Stuck, JT hits

102.5 - KZOK - Classic rock format - JT hits, BTBS, OTH, War hits, UF, Bad, AB hits

103.7 - KMTT - Classic/Contemporary Folk - JT hits, OTH, AB hits, TGBHF, SATS, ATYCLB hits
Old 07-08-2002, 10:05 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Well I do know that the Twin Cities adult rock/pop station (Cities 97) is fixated on IALW.

Old 07-09-2002, 06:16 PM   #32
The Fly

Today I heard "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" on a small, local radio station, and on a popular rock station they played "New Year's Day" during "retro lunch hour", lol. Funny thing is, they consider Achtung Baby retro too! I suppose it is in a way, but it doesn't sound dated... yet.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:53 AM   #33
War Child

I hear U2 rarely on the radio. In Cincinnati:
101.9-WOWY, BD, ISHFWILF
92.5-Pride
94.1-ISHFWILF, WOWY, SBS
Old 07-10-2002, 10:42 AM   #34
POP for GIRLS

Hey I was just going to start a thread on this! I was just thinking about this!

Okay, my Classic rock (60's-80's) plays:

NYD
SBS
Pride
Streets
WOWY
ISHFWILF
Desire
Angel of Harlem
When Love Comes to Town

My hard rock station that caters mostly to younger fans who like harder, newer bands has played:

NYD
MW
Streets
BTBS
Elevation

There is another station, I don't know what you'd call the format, they play mostly newer stuff that is not too hard but harder than adult contemporary- they call themselves 'the best of the songs you grew up with and the best of the new stuff to keep you informed'- they are VERY pro-U2 and mention them all the time. They have a much more extensive U2 playlist:

NYD
SBS
Pride
Bad
Streets
WOWY
BTBS
In God's Country
Red Hill Mining Town
Running to Stand Still
ISHFWILF
Desire
Angel of Harlem
One
MW
WGRYWH
BD
Walk On
Stuck
Elevation
WILATW
Wild Honey
Peace on Earth
Kite

I have noticed that radio tends to ignore the entire albums of Boy, October, Zooropa and Pop. Of all the songs on those 4 albums, Stay is probably the one that deserves the most radio play it doesn't get.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:55 PM   #35
The Fly

Throughout the past 10 years, I know a lot of my local radio stations have played EVERYTHING... or at least many U2 songs... everything from The Electric Co, to The Unforgettable Fire, to Babyface... even B-sides like U2's cover of "Fortunate Son" or U2's collaboration on "Sweet Fire of Love"... or back in 1994, I remember hearing "The Sweetest Thing" on the radio... the *original* Sweetest Thing before they released it as a single 5 years later...

I guess I'm curious about what they're playing nowadays...
Old 07-10-2002, 11:33 PM   #36
Refugee

Local Time: 12:01 AM
here in Australia- well my area, we get heaps of U2 on the radio, I remember hearing everlasting love the other day on one of the commercial stations- most of these stations will play mainly th hits like Streets, Pride, Mysterious Ways (now that I remember I heard that one the other day too) and you get what I mean, but the national youth/alternative radio station 'Triple J'- they plays the more obscure stuff like when Beautiful Day came out instead of playing the single they would play the remixes instead and I know for a fact that one of their DJs is a huge U2 fan and usually during one of his shifts you will hear some nice U2.......but on a side note my most fondest U2 radio experience was on the most recent christmas day- it was about 3 in the afternoon and I was cruising down the motorway on my way to a friends house for some serious chrissy drinking after doing the lunch thing with the parents and it was a seriously hot day- aobut 40 degrees celcius and so I am crusing down the motorway- beautiful blue skies, windows down and on comes the Rattle version of Pride, so I turn up the car stereo all the way up and am singing along and loving every bit of it- and that was so cool- totally made my Christmas day
Old 07-12-2002, 01:00 PM   #37
The Fly

Local Time: 07:01 AM
Is In A Little While actually a single on the radio? I"ve never heard it on the radio.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:00 PM   #38
The Fly

I gave up on the radio long ago. I don't even know what the radio stations in Kansas City play anymore. I listen to U2 every day in my truck. Thank God for in-dash CD players.