U2 influenced by QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacobus

Refugee
after multiple listening over the last few days to QOTSAs Songs For The Deaf i hear some similarities to some songs of HTDAAB:

U2 ABOY <=> Hanging Tree of QOTSA
the weird guitar at the beginning of ABOY is nearly the same than the weird guitar in HANGING TREE (e.g. 7sec -11sec)

U2 LAPOE <=> God Is On The Radio, Do It Again of QOTSA
imo LAPOE shows the same impetuous character as it is hearable in the tracks God Is On The Radio & Do It Again of Queens Of The Stone Age.
could it be that The Edge was listening to QOTSA during the recording sessions of the bomb and got inspired a bit???
all these songs are great rocking tunes and have a distinct T.Rex glamrock vibe.

I think ABOY is more influenced by The Who and The Stones and LAPOE more by... Brian Eno. :wink: It would be cool if they were influenced by QOTSA. They're a good band. :up:

the weird guitar at the very beginning of ABOY imo is QOTSA . i kwow of the influence of The WHO for some tunes esp. on ABOY, but the weird guitar sound that starts ABOY...oh boy that is fantastic stuff.
the intro of LAPOE is by Eno and was a leftover of the ATYCLB sessions but the character and the raw rumbling sound reminds me on QOTSA / T.Rex

Back
Top Bottom