U2 Cruisin' Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scooter

Babyface
Just wondering, what are the best U2 songs to play when you're driving? I'm gonna get my license soon (I've been saying that for months), and I want to make a U2 cruising tape. Help me out!

Where the Streets Have No Name (the ultimate U2 cruising song)
Heartland
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Elevation
In God's Country

Just to name a few...

well, I'd recommend Mofo but I have a tendency to speed outrageously when that's on... and I know I'm not the only one :)
I personally like all of ATYCLB for that purpose...

For driving at night, "Zooropa" is fabulous. Daylight driving just screams for a loud cranking of "Streets."

The Unforgettable Fire and Until The End Of The World are good night time driving songs. The entire Johsua Tree cd is a good for day or night driving.

Bullet the Blue Sky, especially a live version with a kick-ass solo. But don't do what I did. I was playing it and singin along so loud I didn't realize my speed. I was going 180 Km/H in a 100 km/h zone.

My favorite U2 road song EVER is In God's Country. Oh man, that can be blasted over and over again and it's still so goddamned exhilarating!!!!

:yes:

What everyone said and Lady With the Spinning Head

And Billy Boola, though it's not really a U2 song...

Pretty much anything.

I've found that a lot of the more relaxing things are good for me when I drive, that way I dont get road rage.

It's always nice to have some really rocking stuff to get the blood pumping through your vains too though.

I always think U2 is great for driving because I can just start singing at the top of my lungs. I get some weird looks from others on the road, it's always fun.

Ohhhhhh yeah, In God's Country! Mmmm, I feel joy just thinking about driving with that song blasting out of the speakers.

Nothin' like that opening guitar bit.

Lady With The Spinning Head ~ (extended dance)

especially at night on an open motorway~*

This is good timing...I've been thinking recently about good U2 driving songs myself (my mom was in this one music club and the people there were listing their top driving songs and I was thinking of some good U2 ones to put in).

corianderstem said:
For driving at night, "Zooropa" is fabulous. Daylight driving just screams for a loud cranking of "Streets."

:yes:.

I can just see driving out on the open road at night with "Zooropa" going on the radio...:up:.

That whole album would be great for a nighttime drive.

I agree with all of these mentions-Joshua Tree is definitely great for driving.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned "Desire" yet, though-that's a good one to listen to while driving, what with it being fast-paced and all.

Just imagine it, driving down the road, singing along to the chorus of "Desire" at the top of your lungs...

Yeah...

Angela

The best U2 song for driving at night on a completely bare freeway (a highway with no-one on it? A treasure just to look upon it? :scratch: ) is any relatively soft mix of Dirty Day, ie the Sydney ZooTV version or the Junk Day mix are good.

But the ultimate night-time open-freeway cruising song has got to be Pink Floyd's Us and Them. :drool:

U2's cover of Helter Skelter!! it is great to cruise to!! some times i do air guitar to it though :reject: and in gods country is good too!! Elevation sometimes..but i tend to dance to it while it plays..so doing that while driving is not reccomended :yes:

Back
Top Bottom