"U2:3D" - aiming for Fall release, 14-15 songs, 80-90 minutes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"shot more than 700 hours of footage with the band in seven South American cities during February and March. Trekking across Argentina, Mexico, Chile and Brazil"

still trying to find out what songs are on it

elevated_u2_fan said:

:down:

Would you rather have 90 minutes of a U2 concert or 0 minutes of a U2 concert?

Hmmm... I think I'll go with option A.

If it's that big a deal that you are missing out on a couple of songs :gasp!: then I say boycott the film...

That'll teach those greedy Irish bastards...

whats with all this boycotting people keep bringing up?

if you can even think of boycotting u2, you shouldnt post here at all.

bayou12780 said:
U2: 3D BOMB
Never, ever work in marketing :lol:

If I approved 3D BOMB as a movie release title, I'd probably be the same guy who approved "Failure to Launch" as a title.

U2Man, stop telling people they aren't true fans and that they shouldn't be posting here. It's insulting.

I can't wait to see this!!! Don't watch it if your going to be bitching the entire time. I am sure they will add more when the DVD comes out!. Now imagine if they put all 700 hours on 10 set DVD blu ray disk or HD-DVD??? heheheh Then I would consider buying a HD player.

Bonochick said:
U2Man, stop telling people they aren't true fans and that they shouldn't be posting here. It's insulting.

ok. but being ordered to boycott my favourite band just because i cannot get enough of them, is insulting to me :shrug:

and i only said that people shouldnt post here if they're srs about the boycotting. this is a fansite, what's the point?

Justin24 said:
I can't wait to see this!!! Don't watch it if your going to be bitching the entire time. I am sure they will add more when the DVD comes out!. Now imagine if they put all 700 hours on 10 set DVD blu ray disk or HD-DVD??? heheheh Then I would consider buying a HD player.

Just get a PS3. It comes with an inegrated blu ray disc player. :wave:

Since I never got to see "Rattle & Hum" on the big screen, I'm excited about the prospect of seeing U2 in all its larger-than-life glory (feel free to throw in any the-guys-are-quite-short jokes here).

Why post on a U2 message board if you can't gush about them every post? GTFO my internets, you boycotters.

Canadiens1160 said:
Never, ever work in marketing :lol:

If I approved 3D BOMB as a movie release title, I'd probably be the same guy who approved "Failure to Launch" as a title.

Well then...

U2:3D DA BOMB!

U2Man said:

ok. but being ordered to boycott my favourite band just because i cannot get enough of them, is insulting to me :shrug:

and i only said that people shouldnt post here if they're srs about the boycotting. this is a fansite, what's the point?
Well, following that point of view, it wouldn't be allowed too to open thread with the purpose of joining a group of posters to bash U2's 00 x-times a month.

I wonder how smoothly 6-7 shows from 3 different continents can be woven together.

This board complains when 2 boston shows from consecutive nights are put together for a DVD

U2FanPeter said:
I wonder how smoothly 6-7 shows from 3 different continents can be woven together.

This board complains when 2 boston shows from consecutive nights are put together for a DVD

Brick was so mad, he killed a guy :wink:

brick1.jpg

Aygo said:
Well, following that point of view, it wouldn't be allowed too to open thread with the purpose of joining a group of posters to bash U2's 00 x-times a month.

who's doing that?

The reason it's not the whole concert is because of the time limitations of the IMAX. I think they're around 70 minutes max.

That's why we're not getting a whole show, only 14-15 songs.

jedi Larry said:
The reason it's not the whole concert is because of the time limitations of the IMAX. I think they're around 70 minutes max.

That's why we're not getting a whole show, only 14-15 songs.

I think the limit is just over 2 hours. I have seen several movies on IMAX, Batman Begins, and Star Wars Ep. II and they were over 2 hours. They did have to cut down some of EpII though as it ran at 2 hr 20 minutes, so they took out a few scenes.

My guess as to the limit of songs is they are going with the songs they feel turned out well. I think they technically only shot 3 shows using the IMAX cameras though. Mexico City, Buenos Aires and one of the Melbourne shows. From what we have heard most of the footage is Buenos Aires. Which if true, there really is no reason to complain a great deal because its not complete. There is a full length pro shot of Buenos Aires that is top notch anyway. So its not like you cant see the whole show.

Last edited:
I'm guessing June premiere, hope we'll get:

1. COBL
2. Vertigo
3. UTEOTW
4. New Year's Day
5. Love and Peace
6. SBS
7. Bullet
8. Miss Sarajevo
9. WTSHNN
10. Zoo Station (the audio is already officially released on WITS single, so I really hope this one is a sure bet)
11. The Fly
12. Mysterious Ways
13. Yahweh
14. OOTS
15. All I Want Is You/Love is Blindness

Back
Top Bottom