Tunes from the BOMB you'd like to hear during U2's NEXT tour?!?!!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innocent_eyes

Refugee
Just really loving how the bomb sounds, tunes that I'd like to see in future U2 tours....

Vertigo
Love and Peace Or Else
Yaweh
City of Blinding Lights

the other unes thay have played sound cool too, but these are just awesome!!!
:drool:

Probably the only shoe-in for future tours would be Vertigo, although SYCMIOYO and OOTS are alos likely candidates. I doubt we'll ever see Miracle Drug, LAPOE, Yahweh, and COBL again:|

whos knows for sure though! I mean, Zoo Station is a regular this tour!

I'm just curious what other people want to see!

It should also be pointed out that many people probably couldn't foresee anything from ATYCLB being played on future tours (except Beautiful Day, of course) back in 2001. However, U2 is still playing Elevation in 2005, and now it seems likely that the band might faves play Stuck, Kite, Walk On, and maybe even In A Little While in the future (maybe even on future legs of Vertigo).

Zootlesque said:
As long as they don't play Vertigo twice, it'll be okay.

Don't worry, they won't...

...they'll play it THREE times!! :mac:

Vertigo will most likely be played at every U2 show ever from now on. Which is cool, it's a good song and all. The two songs I really wanna see in the future are Original of the Species and Love and Peace or Else. Wouldn't mind hearing Sometimes, either. ABOY would be alright for the rock factor...but hopefully they'll have some good rockers on the next album!! Everything else can and should go (unless they pull out Crumbs and it rocks).

LAPOE
OOTS

Those are the ones that SHOULD be kept. And if they threw in Crumbs, Fast Cars, or OSC, that'd be ok too.

Crumbs.
But that's probably gonna end up dead in the gutter with my hopes of seeing Acrobat, so I'll have to say Love and Peace. The LAPOE/Bullet/SBS combo was very cool.

Original isn't even played at HALF of the Vertigo gigs.

and also about Zoo Station.
Don't forget that song had about 12 years of downtime.

Im curious why you think Miracle Drug wont come back...

That was actually the first one that came to my mind when I saw this topic (after Vertigo of course)

2861U2 said:
Im curious why you think Miracle Drug wont come back...

That was actually the first one that came to my mind when I saw this topic (after Vertigo of course)

I think it's because it isn't a hit single, and - even worse - most people seem to be ambivalent toward the live version. Personally, I love the live version, and I think that it may be the best song on Bomb

starvinmarvin said:

I think it's because it isn't a hit single, and - even worse - most people seem to be ambivalent toward the live version. Personally, I love the live version, and I think that it may be the best song on Bomb

Yeah, it seems the reception to the song hasn't been all that great unfortunately. It's my favorite song off the HTDAAB album without question... although City of Blinding Lights does come damn close.

sometimes
city of blinding lights
crumbs(when/if they do play it)
original of species

Vertigo, Love And Peace Or Else, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, and City Of Blinding Lights -- any three of those will do.

Well, at the end of the Elevation tour, I predicted that "Beautiful Day" and "Walk On" would be the two songs that stuck around. Turned out to be "Beautiful Day" and "Elevation."

So, realistically, I'd say "Vertigo" and "A Man and a Woman" because Bono obviously hates me.

Hope: Original of the species and love and peace or else
Think: Vertigo, City of blinding lights

But we don't know what the next album and the next tour will be like.

It depends on the tour and the songs fitting. Vertigo HAS to be there because it's been such a big hit... unless they're trying 2 tire it out.

COBL has 'U2' written all over it and sits nciely in a big production with the lighting and graphical potential in the song (Unfortunatly dont get what would really work well with that song. On the 'Time' (Chord Chord Chord) Time Chord Chord Chord) etc bit have it so that light moved left/stage , centre/stage , right/stage over the 3 chords. possibly in red.

Sometimes is a tribute to Bob Hewson and i think Bono maybe has more of a say on setlists than Some others. I could see it staying, again if it can fit in. Plus it was quite a large hit for them.

Of the Rest:
LAPOE could be around if it fits with a theme of the tour, and is used 2 get a message across how it is now.

Miricale Drug: This won't stay around. It hasn't been a hit and the audience reaction is q

It depends on the tour and the songs fitting.

Vertigo HAS to be there because it's been such a big hit... unless they're trying 2 tire it out.

Miricale Drug: This won't stay around. It hasn't been a hit and the audience reaction is quite lukewarm.

Sometimes is a tribute to Bob Hewson and i think Bono maybe has more of a say on setlists than Some others. I could see it staying, again if it can fit in. Plus it was quite a large hit for them.

LAPOE could be around if it fits with a theme of the tour, and is used 2 get a message across how it is now.

COBL has 'U2' written all over it and sits nciely in a big production with the lighting and graphical potential in the song (Unfortunatly dont get what would really work well with that song. On the 'Time' (Chord Chord Chord) Time Chord Chord Chord) etc bit have it so that light moved left/stage , centre/stage , right/stage over the 3 chords. possibly in red.

ABOY: Could go in rotation particualry on American dates, being a single over there.

Crumbs / OSC Will not feature in the future

OOTS might feature occasionaly if it turns out to be the 4th Single. A song for 3rd or 4th Night stands perhaps?

Yahweh... This won't come back, because it is linked to the tour (For me) and is best left in the Vertigo tour. Unless a full band version or radical reworking is used.

I dont' think iv'e forgotten anything except fast cars and the b-sides.

Dave

Miricale_Drug said:

Miricale Drug: This won't stay around. It hasn't been a hit and the audience reaction is quite lukewarm.
perhaps?

Dave

really? has the audience really been lukewarm to this? i haven't been to any concerts, so I wouldn't know, but i LOOOOVE this song! i hope it stays!

plus vertigo
plus SYCMIOYO
plus ABOY! (i like it when bono really yells in the middle ;] )

Back
Top Bottom