To All Non-Americans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope...I wrote that on my own. Glad you liked it.
wink.gif

mikal-

i think your signature is tasteless and digusting. i hope you consider changing it. it makes me sick.

- dancing bearfoot

Originally posted by Dancing Barefoot:
mikal-

i think your signature is tasteless and digusting. i hope you consider changing it. it makes me sick.

- dancing bearfoot

You don't have to be rude about it. If you would have asked me nicely to change it, I wouldn't have had to resort to this:

------------------
"I see dead people!"

"I see dead people!"

"I see dead people!"

"I see dead people!"

"I see dead people!"

"I see dead people!"

"I see dead people!"

"I see dead people!"

Originally posted by mikal:
You don't have to be rude about it. If you would have asked me nicely to change it, I wouldn't have had to resort to this:

i know i'm sorry. check your cookie post.

Originally posted by Bastardy:
good post melon. is that a quote from somewhere? either way, thanks, you make a good point. i am regretting starting this topic at this point. it has so quickly devolved. thanks for support foxxern. I didn't make myself clear in my first post. First of all, I have been deeply affected by what happened last week. I have also been really struck by the sudden unity of the United States since the tradgedies. I wasn't trying to apologize on behalf of America. That would be ludicrous. as for mr. bush, I think he was at his best during that press session when he got all teary-eyed and everything. for once, he was stripped of his bravado and facade of strength and confidence. i felt bad for him, he's in quite an incredible situation. but with his talk of "OId Western" DEAD OR ALIVE posters, of "WAR, War WAR!!", and the talk of America's unending, uncomprimised greatness, he has lost my sympathy. I believe there must be some response, but I hope it will be a functional one, a reasonable one, and not just a show of brute force. I don't mean to offend anyone, I am not anti-american by any means, but i really hope our country learns from this, not just security-wise, but in terms of correcting past mistakes.

I must agree that this is a HORRIFIC position for a new young president to have to be in. At the service friday in NYC, it was a blessing to see all of the past Presidents and other leaders there and united. I couldn't help noticing Al Gore, seemingly in prayer, and wondering if he wasn't Thanking GOD he WASN'T the President right now!

It seems as though that bastard saddam hussein made a comment about "that'l teach that cowboy" or "or those cowboys", correct me if I am wrong. Somebody said something to that effect. Anyway, that comment got back to Mr. Bush, which is why he did the 'western lingo', out of disrespect for saddam. If you'll remember, George H.W. Bush used to grossly mispronounce saddam hussein on tv on purpose to disrespect the man.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying your position.

K. This thread got a little out of control. I do just want to say one thing. By my first response I wasn't entirely agreeing with Bastardy, nor was I disagreeing with him. I do think Bush is a little arrogant, that is what I agreed on. The rest I won't even comment on because I honestly don't know enough about US foreign policy etc... But I will say that I am not and never have been anti-american. And in light of the horrific events last week, I feel greatly for the US and all its people. I hope Bush does the right thing (whatever that may be). I would not want to be in his position right now, so ya, he needs to be arrogant and overly patriotic because he has millions of people to fight for. These terroists need to be caught, that much we can all agree on. The best way to end this is uncertain right now. But I will stand by America in their fight for justice. I just wanted to say my peace. Maybe we should all just sit tight and watch, instead of creating enemies in an otherwise friendly U2 forum.

Goodnight and God Bless.

By the way, Thanks z Edge. It's a hard time for all of us and we as a free society are entitled to our own opinions. So let's just agree to disagree, send our prayers and best wishes to the Families and Rescue workers and, let's wish a safe return for our men and women in uniform.

Thank you Bastardy... unfortunately, most outsiders don't want war, but hey.. who cares, huh ?

cheers

------------------
La resignacion es un suicido permanente

Originally posted by foray:
I don't think Bastardy deserves this kind of response. Sorry, fellas.
foray
I disagree. Those of us in favor of military action among us have been accused of starting threads that have the sole intent of starting arguments. Well, anyone can see that this post was designed to get a response from us. He should not be surprised we called him to task; it's what he apparrently wanted, based on the wording he used.

Bastardly and Melon-Will you two both shut the fu k up please? Your posts/replies are always predictable and monotnous. Thank You.
D
B

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

bruno, why can't you be nice? Just be nice. That's all. Be nice.

Although I agree with what Bush has done/is doing (let's remember there has been no hasty military action, and he is not talking about assasinating Bin Laden and letting all the "little guys" run free), I do think he's been a little over-the-top with all the "highest beacon of freedom and justice" and we're the greatest nation in the world. But so has every other politician in this country. While I think it's over-done, I understand that it's necessary. Our government is trying to keep us united and to stir us to action. They have to be overly-patriotic. I think non-americans can understand that.

Spiral-Truth be known,Iam one of the nicest fellows on Interference.Your statement on unity is exactly why I posted my response...Late-

D
B

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 09-20-2001).]

Originally posted by diamondbruno9:
Bastardly and Melon-Will you two both shut the fu k up please? Your posts/replies are always predictable and monotnous.
you scare me
go away

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Salome, relax buddy. bruno is one of the most rightious an nicest persons of the u2 fan base. if you would have met him like i have, u would see why.

I must say that I am shocked at the extent of blind hate that seems to rush through this thread. Being a non-american, before I speak any further, I must define myself as not being anti-american before I start my argument? Hell, brave new world!
People, where are you moving to? America was already nationalist enough before of this tragedy. But now I start to see your country as a place where free speech is not allowed.
At every little critique about America someone, preferably with great military honours (what do you call this - field work? puh...), is marking the person who critisizes as a traitor, as a non-believer, and even as an aggressive person. Maybe as a not-real American or something, hah! (but it?s not watergate today).
Americans, be careful! Yes, your country was hit by a hard terror attack, this is the first time that something big is happening in the u.s. territory for the last 180 years or so (not counting p.h., which is a ridiculous comparison).
No terror ever is justified, everyone on this board knows that.
Please America, stay open-minded! Don?t damn anyone who is critisizing your U.S.state.
It has nothing to do with this attack, but the U.S.A. - or lets say it more clear, say the Pentagon - doesn?t exactly have a peace
record.
If it had, I guess Bono would encourage us to support America?s secret services, not Amnesty International (apart from the C.I.A. teaching the terrorists that they blame now... so terror is fine as long as it ain?t us suffering, right? whatta shame!)
All the world knows America is able to bomb any country of the world into black stone.
You don?t have to show your strength to us. OK, show it to yourself, but please grow with it and make your heart and your visions wider. There is no need for this planet to fall back into middle age with a religious war. I am already hearing the call of those saying they are "real" christs. Instead, America is always acting in its very own interests. Christianity is forgiving, not using religious arguments to get the people hating.

I am amazed how normal people, like you and me, react for this conflict. This conflict is not me, it is not you, it is part of our world. I am already reading stories about new racism in your country.
There is nothing wrong in buying an American flag (even if I wouldn?t, for I dislike statal symbols), or with praying.
Anyway, it might change something if Americans start to view themselves NOT as the leaders of this world. Economically you are still the leaders, but you didn?t invent democracy, sorry. And for which price will you react? What will America pay? How many marines will die in the battlefield? Who are you defending? Your wealth? Yourself? Your "country"?
I thought that America was shocked for the terroristic act. Being shocked and crying out "War! War! Lets bomb these bastards!"
is not exactly the same. Now, that you have seen a war-like horror in your own proud N.Y.C. - and I am so sorry for what has happened, my prayers go out to the innocent victims - I think you should consider not to continue this horror in another country.
I hope that people on this board don?t have to excuse all the time for their opinions.

Peace,
whenhiphop

OK, for those who want to crucify me now:
go ahead! Peace to you too, brother.

Originally posted by jesseu2:
Salome, relax buddy. bruno is one of the most rightious an nicest persons of the u2 fan base. if you would have met him like i have, u would see why.
you scare me
go away

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Salome Go have some more cheese milk and cookies- get back w/us later...Late-Db9

Notice w/lit a candle for you..

------------------

---------

OK, i'm a New Yorker, so the events of this past week have hit very close to home (literally). i don't know what is the right thing to do- i don't think anybody does. fortunately, the american government does not seem to be blindly bombing afghanistan back into the stone age (even though it's already just about there). if that was their goal, they probably would have done it by now.

the problem with this situation is that we are facing a new, very frightening sort of enemy. fewer than 20 people were able to kill over 5,000 innocent people in minutes, using only knives as their weapons. how do you fight this enemy? i don't think anyone really knows.

i hope that my country does not act rashly simply as a knee-jerk reaction to the atrocities of last week. but something does need to be done, to let these evil terrorists know that their actions have consequences.

unfortunately, when you're dealing with an enemy that is completely irrational, it is very difficult to believe that they will be defeated by using rational means....

Let's face it...

* Countries are crap but serve a purpose

* (Practically) No-one wants to die

* A few people in the world are evil

* Lots of people will believe something if you say it enough times

* Jealousy can manifest itself into hate

* Self-preservation is key

* Sol Campbell should not be playing for England

If anyone wants to debate those points, then go ahead. But you will find it impossible to argue against.

I suggest this thread now be closed.

diamondbruno: You are not the Messiah. Once you realize this, maybe you can contribute something to the discussion like most of the people in this thread have done. Every comment you make just reminds me more that you were that druken bastard I saw at Boston 4. And I hope you have a REALLY WITTY RETORT FOR ME. I'M WAITING FOR IT BABY, GIVE IT TO ME. BECAUSE IT WILL REALLY ESTABLISH YOUR UNPARALLELED SUPERIORITY. REALLY.

I so horrified at these talks of a Islam-West war. I can't even imagine how horrible something like that would be. The idea is so gut-wrenching. I really hope the U.S. military can stick to the fanatical few as their targets in "Operation Infinite Justice." (sound like a Tom Clancy novel?)

Let's face it...

* Countries are crap but serve a purpose

* (Practically) No-one wants to die

* A few people in the world are evil

* Lots of people will believe something if you say it enough times

* Jealousy can manifest itself into hate

* Self-preservation is key

* Sol Campbell should not be playing for England

If anyone wants to debate those points, then go ahead. But you will find it impossible to argue against.

I suggest this thread now be closed.

"Operation Infinite Justice." (sound like a Tom Clancy novel?)

Sounds more like a bad Van Damme movie!
Anyway, I hear they might be changing it. Like Bush's use of the word 'crusade', Infinite Justice sounds all a little too religious/big/war etc and is stirring muslims a little too much.

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
Has anyone made the point that a hundred or so muslims died in the attack?
Shouldn't that tell us something?
tells me taht this not a war of The West Vs. Muslim, as someone so stupidly put it a few replies ago. It is as, Bush put it, a war of teh civilized world against terrorism.

I so horrified at these talks of a Islam-West war. B]

Where in the HELL have you heard anything about a Islam-West war? That's just damn stupid. We are not fighting Islam. We are fighting terrorism. Go back to school and learn a few things about these things before you post something so frickin ridiculous.

ok mr. 80s, you can just fuck right off, because I didn't say it was a "West vs. Muslim" war. First, because the religion is called Islam not Muslim you fool, and secondly because I stated I was horrified at the PROSPECT of such a broad worldwide conflict of that nature, which is what bin laden hopes to provoke with this attack. at this point it is still limited to a war on terrorism, and I hope it stays that way, I think we all do.

plus, 90s U2 is better, hands down.

I think someone does need to close this thread, people are just pissed and throwing insults around.

Back
Top Bottom