The New WTC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadelynIris

Refugee
NewWorldTradeCenter(1).jpg

Mark

[This message has been edited by MadelynIris (edited 09-14-2001).]

WOW!!! I'm finding patriotic feelings emerge and I'm not even American!

Are these for real? Is this the plan?

------------------
"We got no style...swagger...but no style"

Schweeeeet.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

September, streets capsizing,
Spilling over, down the drain

"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're goin' up against. By God, I do. We're not just gonna shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy...bastards by the bushel."
from the film Patton

Lol- it took me a second to get this too- I really like it, I know that we shouldnt be laughing, but sometimes humour can be very uplifting and I think that if I were a town planner in NY I would be going for that skyline approach
smile.gif

Man, I'm an ass. I didn't see it...
I'm am an ass...such a big ass.
Andto think I seriously asked if this was the plan.
I'M AN ASS
smile.gif

oh well

------------------
"We got no style...swagger...but no style"

Are these for real? Is this the plan?

No, but I would certainly like to see another WTC on the same site. We can say that we won't build another "target" so-to-speak, but a comitted terrorist will always find a target with lots of people in it. As I've said before, the problem is not tall buildings but people who manage to hijack planes and crash into them. If we eliminate all of the tall buildings, not only will we get more urban sprawl, but a false sense of security.

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
No, but I would certainly like to see another WTC on the same site. We can say that we won't build another "target" so-to-speak, but a comitted terrorist will always find a target with lots of people in it. As I've said before, the problem is not tall buildings but people who manage to hijack planes and crash into them. If we eliminate all of the tall buildings, not only will we get more urban sprawl, but a false sense of security.

Gonzo-My people tell me already that plans are being drafted to build another WTC at the same exact spot. Specfic design yet to be disclosed. Godspeed. Db9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

See my post in db9's "1st order of business" thread that responds to this.

The last thing we need right now is to represent the entire nation as macho, chauvinistic, testosterone ruled maniacs who respond to this in a base and juvenile fashion. That building screams "Try it again, I dare ya!"

I can understand the allure of this image, I really can - a part of me would like to give Bin Laden the good ole one finger salute before watching him die - but really, I'm surprised and more than a little bit disturbed to see such unanimous support of this. What better way to show that we are above the terrorists than to build something as juvenile as that?
rolleyes.gif

This kind of "fuck you" response is dangerously close to the mentality of those who have targeted and attacked mosques and islamic centers around the nation and globe. I really hope people don't actually think this is a good idea.

Lighten up, Diemen, it's a joke and it's cool! I do think the towers should be rebuilt. Would you rather bend over and kiss the asses of the terrorists and give into their intimidation? No! Mayor Guiliani said today they will be rebuilt, bigger and better than ever, and strong- just like US!

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

Originally posted by Diemen:
See my post in db9's "1st order of business" thread that responds to this.

The last thing we need right now is to represent the entire nation as macho, chauvinistic, testosterone ruled maniacs who respond to this in a base and juvenile fashion. That building screams "Try it again, I dare ya!"

I can understand the allure of this image, I really can - a part of me would like to give Bin Laden the good ole one finger salute before watching him die - but really, I'm surprised and more than a little bit disturbed to see such unanimous support of this. What better way to show that we are above the terrorists than to build something as juvenile as that?
rolleyes.gif

This kind of "fuck you" response is dangerously close to the mentality of those who have targeted and attacked mosques and islamic centers around the nation and globe. I really hope people don't actually think this is a good idea.

I think the Fuck Off WTC pic is more of, "We are strong, you can't keep us down" than it is anything ous.

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by MadelynIris:

Up yours Al Jihad MFers!

First of all, I just want to say that I completely agree with you in that I also think the people are assholes and should be punished big time. You picture was pretty cool too and it spoke the truth. I know there some Muslims, like me, in this forum, and I personally find that statement kind of offensive. Jihad is an important part of Islam and means "to stuggle in the way of Islam." And this doesn't not at all mean committing violent acts against innocent people. I don't want to start any arguements, but please try to be more respectful with things like that Mark. I hope you understand where I am coming from. Thank you!

Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:
Lighten up, Diemen, it's a joke and it's cool! I do think the towers should be rebuilt. Would you rather bend over and kiss the asses of the terrorists and give into their intimidation? No! Mayor Guiliani said today they will be rebuilt, bigger and better than ever, and strong- just like US!

Like I originally said, look at my post in db9's thread. I believe they should be rebuilt. But I believe rebuilding them to be specifically taller or bigger than the previous one is a bad reason and is unnecessary ego padding. If they need to be taller in order to accomodate certain design features, fine, but let's not go out to try and set any building height records just to say "we rebuilt and it's the tallest in the world!"

U2One,

know there some Muslims, like me, in this forum, and I personally find that statement kind of offensive. Jihad is an important part of Islam and means "to stuggle in the way of Islam.

Please accept my apologies. I always thought the term, Al Jihad, was somehow the phrase adopted by the extremist group for the holy war against the U.S.

I didn't know that it had a more basic level of meaning.

I will remove that statement out of respect.

Mark

[This message has been edited by MadelynIris (edited 09-14-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom