The Lemon falsetto is NOT gone...here's proof...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rafiennes said:

Exactly. If you listen closely, very closely, the begining part of the "brown eyed girl..." part is very chipmunky and then comes back down to a more normal pitch. There's no doubt in my mind that it's a pro tools effect, which is fine, people use it all the time. I think it was more for effect than anything...

a very very quick edit of the browneyed part (292kb):
http://s13. .com/d.aspx?id=0NBTE0AMH8KOB1IBNFR7FWRXRZ

I think you're right - it's Bono, but it's been modified. The Edge and Bono have two very different singing styles - The Edge just doesn't put that much oomph into his voice - he's a very calm singer. It's not the sound of the voice, but the style of it that leads me to think it's Bono - with a bit of help from the mixing desk.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I can only go by what I hear.

goat

The Edge has always been a fine singer - but Bono has always been a good singer. The difference? As eloquently stated above, while Edge has a fine voice, often just as good in range as Bono's (and despite the fact he smokes, it hasn't shown some of the wear that Bono's has due to 2 decades of singing on tour), but he lacks the "oomph" or passion that Bono's voice has - and still has. As a result, Edge is a perfect back-up singer. He has great range, but he won't dominate the lead singer. This is yet another reason why U2 work so well.

Back
Top Bottom