the ground beneath her feet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgerulz

Acrobat
that song is so great. it gets better every time i listen to it. especially at 2.30am after some drinks. i wish u2 would play this song live like the MDH version, not just acoustic.
anyone agree?

i do. i think 'tgbhf' would sound super live, just like 'sats' would. but maybe it's just too difficult to play them live. can't image why though.

anyways, i think they could and should find a way to perform these live. they would be huge hits!

and while their at it, why not thow in 'lwash' in that new live set?

"Iwash"???????????????????????

Huh?

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

'lady with a spinning head' (extended dance remix)

this is a fantastic b-side from the achtung era. get it asap if you don't have yet. it's a great great song.

Originally posted by no disk:
'lady with a spinning head' (extended dance remix)

this is a fantastic b-side from the achtung era. get it asap if you don't have yet. it's a great great song.

lol. Actually, the correct title and acronym would be Lady with the Spinning Head or LWTSH.

biggrin.gif

And yes it IS a great b-side. You can hear the progressions for some of the songs in AB all through it.

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 12-14-2001).]

Ah well. Live and learn.
wink.gif

oh, as to the original topic...I have been begging for a live full band version of TGBHF since day 1. I agree, it's a fantastic song! And shows a lot of promise. If the new album sounds anything like it...we're in for a treat, I think.
smile.gif

-sula

agreed no disk and sula. why do you think they do tgbhf acoustic? i would love to hear edge's guitar wailing after "where there is only love...." in an arena. anywho, i'm glad they at least did some version of this song, even though they didn't do it at a show i was at.
frown.gif

Originally posted by edgerulz:
agreed no disk and sula. why do you think they do tgbhf acoustic? i would love to hear edge's guitar wailing after "where there is only love...." in an arena. anywho, i'm glad they at least did some version of this song, even though they didn't do it at a show i was at.
frown.gif

Maybe because it's easier? I don't really know. All I know is that it's a completely different song when played acoustic. Still beautiful, but in a very different sort of way. More delicate. The version on the MDH soundtrack is smoky, rich, layered, and complex. I love the way it crescendos into the chorus near the end.

Back
Top Bottom