The "feedback" at the end of Boy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ravenette

The Fly
Is the so-called 'feedback' which occurs at the end of Boy (after Shadows and Tall Trees) present at the end of others' CD copy of the album?

Mine doesn't have it - I can only hear it at the end of my old cassette copy.

Was it just one 'batch' of CD's that omitted this, or is it the same for all copies?

I'm curious to know what others have, coz I like it as an ending to my fave U2 album and it annoys me that my cd doesn't have it.
:slant:

Is it really known as the hidden Fire demo?

Of all the time I've been a fan, I did not pick this up! :huh:

It's an incredible shame it's not on CD - it finishes the album off.

what is this? something is missing from my version of Boy? I have been a serious fan for 15 years and I am just now learning of this? I am in shock. Does someone have this available for download?

Nisse said:
you mean the hidden Fire demo? As far as I know it's edited out on all cd's.
:yes: you're correct on both counts. :D

seriously guys it's not worth hunting down, it's like 15 seconds of an instrumental song and it sounds nothing like fire. i think i've got it on mp3 somewhere. :shifty:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes: you're correct on both counts. :D

seriously guys it's not worth hunting down, it's like 15 seconds of an instrumental song and it sounds nothing like fire. i think i've got it on mp3 somewhere. :shifty:

Even if it's not worth it according to you...... I'd still like to hear it..
please...if you could send it to me....

Adam_sbaby@yahoo.com

It was contained on the original 1980 vinyl pressings of Boy in Europe and I guess Australia as well. I did not realize it was on any cassette versions though and I am under the impression that it is not on the 1981 US release. I bought a used copy of it off Ebay a few years agoonce I learned of the existence of this song. It is about 30 seconds in length. You can read more about it on u2wanderer.org.

If anyone does have it on mp3, could you please email it to me at Halup@aol.com since I am not able to convert it off my LP.

KhanadaRhodes said:

It may be short, but how can you say it's not worth it? Ok, maybe I'm just too fanatical...

I love all little "experimental" things like this - and I remember when I first heard it, it kinda spooked me - it sounded like I'd heard it before. And at that point, I'd not heard Fire.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i can't tell if you're being serious or what. am i not allowed to have my own opinion on a 15 second instrumental demo? :eyebrow:

I'm afraid you're taking my comments far too seriously, or not getting what I'm saying!

If I'm "having a go" at anyone, it's only ever been at myself for being too fanatical!

Back
Top Bottom