The Bandwagon at its worst

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so funny and sad when people who know nothing about U2 have to use rumors and false information to criticize them because that's all they've got. That's how my family is. They think Bono wears sunglasses because he smokes weed and/or has herpes which, they reason, he must have caught while having affairs beacause he's a rock star, bla bla bla etc...

Rachel D. said:
They think Bono wears sunglasses because he smokes weed and/or has herpes which, they reason, he must have caught while having affairs beacause he's a rock star, bla bla bla etc...
:lmao: Oh god, that one's good

:scratch: but why wearing sunglasses cuz of herpes?

Cough up some evidence or shut up with assumptions and talking out of your ass, I would think.

So many outright morons in the world its pretty funny, what kind of absolute bs they can come up with. It gives people that dont like U2 and never have just another avenue to express it but thats OK, I dont think Bono and the boys would want such braindead fans anyway, if it ever gets to that they may make a record as bad as Brittney Spears.

Re: Re: Re: The Bandwagon at its worst

rihannsu said:

I loved what happened when Rush Limbaugh said on his show that he had info from a "reliable source" that he refused to name that Bono had a long term mistress. Although their policy is usually not to respond to these things the band felt they had to say something because they felt this was derogatory to Ali. Principle Management released a statement formally denying that Bono had a mistress. All very serious right. Then at the very end tacked on "but come to think of it Bono and Edge have been spending an awful lot of time together in New York." I thought that bit of humor at the end was a perfect touch. There is more evidence to the idea of Bono sleeping with Edge than there is about him and any woman. Besides, Ali calls Edge Bono's other wife :D.

Dana

:lmao: That is brilliant! And of course, when has Rush Limbaugh ever lied?:rolleyes: Perhaps someone should take a look in his own illegally stocked medicine cabinet before he starts making false claims and judgements towards someone else. Read "U2 by U2". See how serious the band would take any kind of an affair for one of them or any of their employees.

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Bandwagon at its worst

U2isthebest said:

Read "U2 by U2". See how serious the band would take any kind of an affair for one of them or any of their employees.

Yes, because if Bono has an affair, he's REALLY going to tell the whole world about it. "I'm happily married to my wife and I adore my kids. Oh, by the way, I'm banging someone else on the side." That would go over well! :rolleyes: Maybe he has had an affair in the past, maybe he hasn't? Maybe he's having an affair right now? We don't know for certain. Really, we don't know, regardless of what Bono writes in some book. So I wouldn't brush off the idea entirely. People regard Bono as some sort of saint far too often.

i personally think bono is banging as much and as many as he possibly can all the time.

I knew it! You did come home last night smelling of another man's cologne!

How could you? :sad:

but your lover accidently left his in the bathroom, i mistakenly used it :shrug:

GibsonGirl said:

Yes, because if Bono has an affair, he's REALLY going to tell the whole world about it. "I'm happily married to my wife and I adore my kids. Oh, by the way, I'm banging someone else on the side." That would go over well! :rolleyes: Maybe he has had an affair in the past, maybe he hasn't? Maybe he's having an affair right now? We don't know for certain. Really, we don't know, regardless of what Bono writes in some book. So I wouldn't brush off the idea entirely. People regard Bono as some sort of saint far too often.

That's really no better than people assuming "he is in a rock band/celebrity so he HAS to do drugs and cheat" and the "he's the ultimate sinner/antichrist" ideas in this forum.

Personally I think it'd be a bit hard to cover something like that up, after being a huge celebrity/ in the world's biggest band for the last 20 or so years - no one is that good.

But by all means, if anyone knows something, cough up the evidence. Put your money where your mouth is.

Galeongirl said:

just read some of the comments, it's complete bullshit... these morons haven't a clue what they're talking about....
U2 don't pay tax? Please, they only avoided paying 43% NEW tax because the Irish Government decided to add a new tax to royalties, and in Holland this tax is 1,5 percent... so what moron would pay 41,5 % more just to stay popular in their own country?

Whatever way you look at it, its still avoiding paying tax in the country your living in. If you look at it from the other side and not from the "everything bono does is great" aspect. Bono goes on about 3rd world debt and complaining about countries not helping the 3rd world enough and he is a part of a company that moves his company or whatever to avoid paying more tax in his own country. It doesn't look very good, unless you are a "everything bono does is great" kind of person!:wink:

U2girl said:

That's really no better than people assuming "he is in a rock band/celebrity so he HAS to do drugs and cheat" and the "he's the ultimate sinner/antichrist" ideas in this forum.

Personally I think it'd be a bit hard to cover something like that up, after being a huge celebrity/ in the world's biggest band for the last 20 or so years - no one is that good.

It's called being open to all possibilities in the face of limited facts. Nothing is ever impossible. It would be difficult to cover up an affair when you're a high profile celebrity, yes, but not impossible. So I don't see anything wrong with speculating. I mean, can ANYONE here provide us with incontrovertable proof that Bono has always been faithful to his wife? No, so it seems silly to rule out the alternate possiblity.

Galeongirl said:

I do, it's against the rules

and why speculate if you'll never be sure of it anyway? that's just a waste of time!

Why fantasise about Bono when you'll never have him anyway? That's just a waste of time! :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

Why fantasise about Bono when you'll never have him anyway? That's just a waste of time! :wink:

at least that's a nice way to waste it, not a way where you're thinking bad of a person who might have done something negative, or not...

Galeongirl said:

at least that's a nice way to waste it, not a way where you're thinking bad of a person who might have done something negative, or not...

aren't you thinking the exact same thing about bono when you fantasise? :hmm:

omg, guys.. Bono humps cameras and moans at inexplicable moments during songs, where would you get the idea that he wants to be seen as a sexual entity? Besides, everyone knows that fantasizing is totally unnatural.

Galeongirl said:

Would you mind explaining what you mean here? :scratch: I don't understand you...

i dont suppose ali is involved in plebans' bono fantasizing moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom