***SURVIVOR: Scent of a New Born Babys Bottom (HTDAAB - Rd 11)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote [b]FOR[/b] the song you [b]LOVE [/b]the most

• I :heart: Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Votes: 94 53.4%
  • I :heart: City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 82 46.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yimou, a mod can change your vote if you ask. I cant recall if I have told you that previously, if so please ignore. I cant be bothered rereading this entire thread :D

beli said:

Its an opinion. Its not a fact. Facts are the result of scientific analysis. This thread is full of people yabbering. There are no facts here.

I dont feel bad about Sometimes winning. I expected it right from the go. I dont care, its just a game. I feel bad about the people dieing in Indonesia. I couldnt care less which song wins this poll. My favourite is A Man and A Woman, regardless of the outcome of this poll.

You are just as welcome to play as anyone else but if you arent having fun, no one is making you stay.

If you believe people are voting for Miracle Drug, and the other songs you mentioned, because of the stories behind those songs, thats okay. Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. What is there to discuss? Thats why I didnt quote your entire post.

Please let this thread continue and not be held up by this kind of arguing. If you want to argue please go and make your own thread. This is a poll. The purpose is to permit people to vote.

--------

Theres still over a day of voting to go, folks, so keep em coming.

It wasn't presented as an opinion, but as a fact in the sense it was the REASON why Sometimes got so many votes. I also say Sometimes wouldn't get the backlash if it wasn't winning.

I wasn't talking about you about feeling bad for Sometimes winning, but others.

I was just saying you could make the same argument about "getting votes because of the story" for several HTDAAB songs. I do NOT think that is why they got voted for.

I was in this thread because I have been voting from the start. You can also stay out of this thread, no need to be bothered.

Thank the people who put down Sometimes and made the claims why it is going to win for the arguments.

beli said:
Yimou, a mod can change your vote if you ask. I cant recall if I have told you that previously, if so please ignore. I cant be bothered rereading this entire thread :D

Beli,,,, Seriously, then i dont care if my vote is changed,, I was having a laugh about it all.. I dont take this poll that serious. Its all fun and games.. Did not expect you to take my post serious LOL

Just saw that remark, and had a goodhearted laugh at myself because of your remark.. Thats all :up:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

LOL Okay. Some people get really upset about it. You should have seen the previous Survivors. Bloodbath!!!

Im still not entirely convinced Dave is actually busy elsewhere. Im sure hes sitting on the sidelines laughing his head off. :shifty:

Tis all fun and games. Let the fun continue. This is a long round this one so theres plenty of time for the votes to sway the other way. :wink:

COBL is one of the weakest tracks off HTDAAB...SYCMIOYO to me is very good even if it isn't the best: i'll vote for it :)

Some say we vote for Sometimes because of the nature of the song and Bono's life! Taht we would not have voted the same way otherwise...

I might agree with that....and ask why not?

Isn't songs about emotions?

About feelings?

About how they sometimes reflect our own lives?

Why Sometimes is winning this Survivor game maybe the same reason why any U2 song would beat out a Britney song...it has emotion and a meaning! No bubblegum here!

Would Sometimes win this without the sensitive subject of Bono's father and their relationship? Probably not! But again that wouldn't be the song wouldn't it?

Some people relate to it more than others...so be it! Take it or leave it! That's what a song is all about: emotions, meaning.

Would have I loved this song as much if I didn't know the story behind it? Possibly not....but I do know the story, do relate to it....do think this song is amazing! :)

You cant change your votes, and mods cant change your individual vote. The poll can be edited as far as the number of votes, but once you vote (even if you are a mod) you cant change your vote unless the poll is edited.

City of Blinding Lights. No question.

I mean, I love Sometimes, don't get me wrong. It's got the best moment on the album. But the best SONG (in its entirety) has got to be COBL. It's just amazing. :drool:

I vote for COBL. I like Sometimes and it means a lot to me but it's not among the best songs on the album IMO.

Come on everyone, COBL kicks Sometimes' arse all over the place! I appreciate Sometimes for the emotional value, but COBL has it all. Great music, great beat, great lyrics, and great emotional value.

I'm glad that there is 9-vote difference... it's gonna be a nice fight and I'm glad that these two songs made it into the Grand Finale :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom