Stuck in a Moment video!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Stuck Video is better?

• Godly

Votes: 49 94.2%
  • Kahn

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
I like them both a lot, but I THINK I prefer the Godley version...

Kahn's is the football one, right? I'm too lazy to put on the dvd and check...

I don't hate the football one, I just like the rolling one better. Bono is so hot and beautiful in that one. It's one of my favorite Bono videos, right up there with One and Stay!

I had never seen that football one til i got the DVD and I hated it its dire!!!!!

The Kahn one is amusing, but only to hardcore U2 fans such as us. Well, those of us that don't hate it. To the rest of the world it's stupid.
I voted Godley.

Godley - I really like the part at the end where Edge "looks like he cares" and helps Bono up; it's very sweet. :yes:

LOL, yeah, you kinda need to know some of the subtleties to appreciate the Kahn video. I like 'em both equally, but I really like Bono's beige jacket in the Godley video (I want one! :)), so I voted Godley. :D

Godley...I don't really care for Kahn's style. The beginning of the Kahn version is funny if your in on the jokes but other than that, I don't think it fits the song very well.

Personally, I don't care. I'm not big into music vids anyway. Some I love, the rest are all the same to me, but I picked Godly b/c not much beats a shadeless Bono writhing on the cement :shrug:

the jokes in the beginning of the kahn one were great...my family couldn't figure out what i was laughing at, they only caught the dave evans one...of course my family knows what the edge's real name is...

i just realised i think i voted wrong...i mean the godley one has bono on the ground, but the kahn one has edge on the ground,and you've got close ups of edge lying on the floor singing and you see his eyes and he's just lying there on the ground

but i like the godley one...the directors commentary was far more amusing...edge's direction being to look into the camera as if he cares "as we know he does"...awwwww....

i have a question. i agree that the kahn version trivializes the song's meaning, but what about the godley version? what i'm asking is, what the heck is that one about? i've never been able to understand what the meaning of the video is. i'm not good at interpreting things. my posts in iamj where i discuss song meanings, if you notice, are pretty much verbatim from the book "into the heart." :laugh:

Okkkk... for all yous who found the jokes at the beginning of the Khan version funny... More power to you! But really, that's not humour, that's lameness. I never ever thought those cheapass references to U2 history were funny at all.

Definitely Bono rolling on the ground. The Khan video pissed me off from the first time I saw it, even though as a very new U2 addict I was very proud of myself for getting the references in the beginning.
I also really love the jacket in the Godly vid...I have been known to yell at the people stepping on it during the "nothing at aaaaallll!" part.

I prefer the Godley version. It illustrates the song much better, and I love the ending with Edge helping Bono up. Awwww!

The Kahn version is borderline cheesey, but it does have a few good moments. Adam nonchalantly reading the Irish Times and ignoring the game is just priceless!

SkeeK said:
Okkkk... for all yous who found the jokes at the beginning of the Khan version funny... More power to you! But really, that's not humour, that's lameness. I never ever thought those cheapass references to U2 history were funny at all.

LOLLL. So true. I think the Kahn version is possibly the worst video U2 has ever made, with the possible exception of Elevation. I mean, they are amusing for me to watch...amusingly bad. And I just enjoy watching the guys. But I really don't like Joseph Kahn. He calls to mind the term "no talent ass-clown."

So yeah, I like the Godley version better.

Last edited:
Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

LOLLL. So true. I think the Kahn version is possibly the worst video U2 has ever made, with the possible exception of Elevation. I mean, they are amusing for me to watch...amusingly bad. And I just enjoy watching the guys. But I really don't like James Kahn. He calls to mind the term "no talent ass-clown."

So yeah, I like the Godley version better.

Lol I know.. elevation and the football version of stuck are horrible! Joseph kahn did both of them..he is too commercial a director for u2 to have. he was good for britney spears sell-out no talent type though

flaming june said:
Kahn, for reasons that I won't mention outside of PLEBA.

i'm quite scared that i know EXACTLY what you're talking about...

I prefer the Godley version. I find it more in the line of U2 videoclips. I haven't found out yet what the hell does the song to do with football :scratch: I mean, what is that videoclip trying to show us? In the other one, with Bono on the floor falling again and again as he can't stand up alone and he needs the help of a friend makes much more sense.

By the way, Bono looks hotter in the Godley version :drool:

Back
Top Bottom