stay vs. love is blindness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fandangamoq said:
Love Is Blindness

I think Stay is one of the most over-rated U2 songs. Not even in my top 5 from Zooropa.

you have fine taste.

I don't understand why we are comparing these two songs.
Love is Blindness :drool: for the atmosphere and the guitar
Stay :drool: for the lyrics and the story (and some will say: for the video)

Love is Blindness. Everything you want in a song, especially in the middle of the night.

Stay is overwrought and almost unlistenable.

Aygo said:
Stay, that was the song that got me into U2...:heart:

same here, actually. but the moment i heard love is blindness, i instantly realized how utterly inferior stay is to this.

Apples and oranges... :shrug:

If I had five minutes to live, and only those two songs to choose between, I'd probably go with Love Is Blindness too, if only by a whisker. And, if only because finding out I had five minutes to live would probably put me more in that sort of mood, too. :huh:

Love is blindness by a country mile. Everything about it is superior. The lyric, the music and the emotion of the song. Without doubt a live highlight of Zoo Tv tour.
The zooropa version of stay reminds me of a band going thro the motions of jamming out a new song without it ever really getting airborne. Its a plodder. Quite like the acoustic version tho, which is strange as I have gone on record as saying I feel most of the acoustic song they do sound like same toon wi different words!

gman said:
Love is blindness by a country mile. Everything about it is superior. The lyric, the music and the emotion of the song. Without doubt a live highlight of Zoo Tv tour.
The zooropa version of stay reminds me of a band going thro the motions of jamming out a new song without it ever really getting airborne. Its a plodder. Quite like the acoustic version tho, which is strange as I have gone on record as saying I feel most of the acoustic song they do sound like same toon wi different words!

qft. :heart:

What a tough choice....I have to go with Stay, I agree with Bono that it is one of their best moments.

But live...I might have to go with Love is Blindness.

If I had to choose one song that best represents the Zoo era, I'd say Love Is Blindness would likely be my choice. It's one of U2's darkest songs, but it's absolutely gorgeous, too. I'm reading Bono In Conversation right now, and in it he talks about the recording of the song, and how you can hear Edge's guitar strings tearing by the end of his solo. That's a very symbolic moment for him, I think.

I do love Stay, but Love Is Blindness feels more like the song where they got it just right.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
If I had to choose one song that best represents the Zoo era, I'd say Love Is Blindness would likely be my choice. It's one of U2's darkest songs, but it's absolutely gorgeous, too. I'm reading Bono In Conversation right now, and in it he talks about the recording of the song, and how you can hear Edge's guitar strings tearing by the end of his solo. That's a very symbolic moment for him, I think.

I do love Stay, but Love Is Blindness feels more like the song where they got it just right.

you're fantastic :heart:

Back
Top Bottom