Songs Macphisto should sing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey788

Refugee
What songs in U2's entire catalouge do you think would work with Macphisto's personality that he hasn't already done?

I think Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me would be amazing with Macphisto performing it. Maybe An Cat Dubh for the theatrical element.

I believe I read somewhere there was an idea of MacPhisto singing 11 O'Clock Tick Tock on the Zooropa tour.

discothequeLP said:
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Lemon
With or Without You
Love is Blindness
Ultraviolet
Can't Help Falling in Love

well i think half the people who originally intended to post can sleep easy! :D

Screwtape2 said:

That's true. Bono wrote 11 O'Clock Tick Tock to be sung like a lounge singer. Frank Sinatra and MacPhisto aren't too far apart.

Hey Screwtape2. You live in a lovely location!

This might sound a little crazy but hear me out...

Beautiful Day

Imagine a fully irreverent and hammed up version of this as performed by Big Mac himself. I am sure the 00 lovers will cry sacrilidge but I think it would be brilliant.

I am imaginning it could be similar in vibe to the whole "what a night, what a show..." bit from the end of desire.

The beginning would also be great. Imagine "The heart is a bloom, shoots up through the stony ground" in that thick, posh accent. Brilliant I tell you.

Screwtape2 said:

That's true. Bono wrote 11 O'Clock Tick Tock to be sung like a lounge singer. Frank Sinatra and MacPhisto aren't too far apart.

I would give my firstborn to hear that.

I second Jools Holland Velvet Dress, too.

I always thought kicking off thge Mac encore with Zooropa would have been spectacular.

Imagine Mac sitting in his dressing room, singing smoothly along with lounge-esque piano for the first bit, then walking out just as the song kicks into high gear (similar to the "Daddy's Gonna Pay!!! bit)

My Zoo encore would be:

Zooropa
Lemon (Maybe replaced by LWTSH every once in a while)
With or Without You/All I Want Is You
Love Is Blindness
Night And Day

:drool:

~A.j.~

Nothing. Mac was the worst element of the ZooTV tour, no question. May we never see him again...

CTU2fan said:
Nothing. Mac was the worst element of the ZooTV tour, no question. May we never see him again...

Very interesting...would like to hear you expand on why you think this.

To the other posts, I've got to say that the idea of MacPhisto singing Wake Up Dead Man crosses some sort of line. I can't see MacPhisto singing anything about God.

Back
Top Bottom