Soe 24 - s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They better announce something before lunch. I have to go to Claim Jumper for a work birthday party. Time stands still in Claim Jumper.

Originally posted by mofothethird:
[..]

Also. Safe to say that I was so relieved that the Blackout doesn't have any woo ooh's and plainly obvious sing alongchants without meaning.

Blackout just makes you wanna move your ass and jump and rock out. And the lyrics give you -that- feeling.

From U2start

That's really encouraging.

yeah it was sometime around 2:30-3:30 eastern I believe. I was stuck in a weekly meeting then.

But that was dependent upon a 3rd party event. This rumor seems as if it would be a first party release of info/audio.

Really? So it was like 9pm in France/Germany?

That's odd. And I don't remember it being that late but I'm also on the west coast.

Yes it was that late here in Belgium! I Remember watching a shitty live stream of the apple event , just in case something would happe :lol:

But that was dependent upon a 3rd party event. This rumor seems as if it would be a first party release of info/audio.

Good point. And it obviously had to be the climax of the Apple event, they weren't going to lead with it before introducing the new products and OS.

Not that I believe that we'll get a song today, but didn't Vertigo get to the east coast toward the mid-late afternoon in 2004?

I was senior in high school and remember hearing it after school just as it was being leaked.

I remember KROQ (Southern California) premiered Vertigo at 12 noon because I was driving home from my part time job listening to it.

still dont think we're actually getting a new song today.. but holding out hope for announcement

I have no doubt that something is coming and coming soon... within the next month even... and I have no doubt that your sources are solid... but there's still nothing concrete, no absolute date to point to like with the Apple release... so I just don't want to get all omgzomgzomgz about today when it could just as easily be next week.

But undoubtedly there are people in here who are setting themselves up for a "leave Brittany alone" moment if nothing happens today, and, well, that'll be entertaining, too.

So either way today will be fun.

aVOSkIC.gif

So, just for fun, I went into my U2.com account info (yeah I subscribe...:madspit: ) and I noticed I needed to 'redeem' my Subscriber Gift (the Joshua Tree Vinyl Singles) . Weird, hopefully I'll get those soon...but no download link to "The Blackout"...yet...:shifty:

Still think it'll be next week (hope I'm wrong).

Think they want the 3rd leg of the JT started and let Texas Flood news die down a little.

Still think it'll be next week (hope I'm wrong).

Think they want the 3rd leg of the JT started and let Texas Flood news die down a little.

As terrible and as tragic as Hurricane Harvey is (and he's a really big douche), do you really think that Harvey would alter any plans U2 have in releasing news/music? I don't.

There is always a real-world reason to not release a new song....

Unless, The Black Out mentions rain, wind, flooding....which i doubt.

As terrible and as tragic as Hurricane Harvey is (and he's a really big douche), do you really think that Harvey would alter any plans U2 have in releasing news/music? I don't.

There is always a real-world reason to not release a new song....

Unless, The Black Out mentions rain, wind, flooding....which i doubt.

But.... the Joshua Tree songs mention all those things.

Tour's canceled, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom