SOE 20 - Sometimes, the end isn't coming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if they start in South America, Australia and Old Zealand, then follow up with Europe and eventually make it back to NA last? It could work.

Or it could be like vertigo where the rest of the world gets stadiums and the US gets arenas.

I think the latter is more probable unless they mirror the I+e approach with single dates in the same markets from that tour serving as a destination show for each region.

It's possible that this JT stadium stage could be adapted for a stadium version of the Experience and Innocence Tour. Really all that would need to change is the b stage.

Ugh, I hope they don't drag this JT Tour into 2018. Doesn't spell good things for the new album.

The excuse of whittling down from 15 to 12 is so stupid. Put 2 of them on as bonus tracks for a deluxe version of the album and use one as a B-side. Done and done.

Or... don't whittle down at all. Release a double album. Write a couple new songs and split it up into 2 new albums you release as companions.

Stop being set in your ways, U2!

Yeah, they whittled The Crystal Ballroom off of SOI in an immense moment of stupidity. No more whittling!!!

Well, if they start in South America, Australia and Old Zealand, then follow up with Europe and eventually make it back to NA last? It could work.

Or it could be like vertigo where the rest of the world gets stadiums and the US gets arenas.

No, no, no.

They will resume the ieTour as soon as they have finally released SOE. The ieTour will be indoor arena - of course.

Since they were not able to finish the record in time for a 2017 release they will probably continue touring TJT .

What exactly are they afraid of?

A worse reception than SOI? Honestly, the album could be complete shit, but if they release it traditionally or just not download it on to everyone's iPhone, they'll be just fine.

The second guessing and constant worry of relevance is just so fucking lame.

I get why SFS is on SOI, as it fits thematically. But what a fucking bore that song is.

What scares me is that it may have taken Edge two years to come up with that solo....ditto with California.

So maybe that's what we're waiting on

A couple of points in here that I found interesting. First, I had no idea that Eeny, meeny, miny, moe was racist. Interesting that a lot of children's rhymes are either racist or violent when you really look at the words as an adult.

And then this jumped out at me:

On Unforgettable Fire we left "Elvis Presley and America" like that, but some of the other songs were not finished, so "Bad" or whatever is not finished. Even "Where the Streets Have No Name" isn't finished, but why would you touch it?

Why would you touch it indeed? Of course they've said for years that a U2 album is never really finished, we all know that they are able to put out iconic songs which they deem to not be "finished". I wish they would realize this and quit tinkering with the songs, but I feel this is a direct result of what happened with Pop.

I get why SFS is on SOI, as it fits thematically. But what a fucking bore that song is.

What scares me is that it may have taken Edge two years to come up with that solo....ditto with California.

Yup, SFS total snoozer.

Snore for Someone was the worst new song played at the last tour.

A couple of points in here that I found interesting. First, I had no idea that Eeny, meeny, miny, moe was racist. Interesting that a lot of children's rhymes are either racist or violent when you really look at the words as an adult.

I heard about that after the Walking Dead episode and there were articles about how offended some people were about it.

I only ever heard and was taught the version with "grab a tiger by the toe".

To this day, I still have no issue with saying that phrase because there is nothing wrong with it(the version I know) what so ever....unless you are a Tiger and then I would understand.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I heard about that after the Walking Dead episode and there were articles about how offended some people were about it.

I only ever heard and was taught the version with "grab a tiger by the toe".

To this day, I still have no issue with saying that phrase because there is nothing wrong with it(the version I know) what so ever....unless you are a Tiger and then I would understand.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
It is possible that you could unintentionally offend someone by a song that was offensive without you even knowing it.

No, no, no.

They will resume the ieTour as soon as they have finally released SOE. The ieTour will be indoor arena - of course.

Since they were not able to finish the record in time for a 2017 release they will probably continue touring TJT .
Oh. Ok. Nevermind then.

And who the hell says they haven't finished it in time for a 2017 release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom