Sleepy time U2 songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
These are songs that can't get too loud by the end, such as "Bad" or "TGBHF." But I want U2 to rock me like a baby to the hospice of dreams. Studio only.

So far, I'm thinking:

The Ocean
One Step Closer
Your Blue Room
Running to Stand Still
The First Time
Stateless
October
Promenade

I've already got that one on there, but thanks. :)

Any other early songs?

Also, the Adam/Bono remake of "October." Anyone have an mp3? As I recall, it doesn't escalate like the original.

I'm also adding Slow Dancing (without Willie) to the mix.

This is a nice little thread, right here. UnforgettableLemon, I run into you all over the place, 'round these parts.

Anyway, I have to say that I have never ever been able to listen to U2 while trying to drift off to sleep. I do think that, in theory, most of your suggestions are pretty much spot-on accurate, but I've never been able to listen to U2 and sleep: even with the Passengers' album, I'm just too connected to the music. I can't doze off, because I can't ever get my head outta' the songs.

I'll make this quick, here, cuz it's a bit off-topic...but it does fit.

In the Spring of 2001, after I had already forsaken U2's last effort, I was still spinning At The Drive-In's effort from 2000 (Relationship of Command ) with alarming regularity. My ex-fiance' and I were then in a long-distance stage of our relationship, and for some insane reason she decided to listen to THAT album, one night, while trying to fall asleep. Now, if anyone has listened to that album, he or she surely recognizes the error in thinking this way. We were both very into the band at that time, and it just helped her to feel closer to me; towards the end of the album, though, there is a rather sinister sound bite which opens a song with audio of a phone call between what sounds like a political rebel threatening disaster if his ransom demands are not met to a terrified woman on the other end of the line. She was in a half-state of sleep while listening to this, and she nearly died with fright when she woke up hearing it and not knowing what ominous man was with her, in her room...! Of course, it was just her music....

I always loved that story...

Sorry for ranting...!

Here's my finalized tracklisting

MLK
Stateless
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Love Comes Tumbling
Grace
Slow Dancing
Bass Trap
The First Time
Neon Lights
Stay (Chris Armstrong Version)
The Ocean
One Step Closer
Running to Stand Still
Promenade
Your Blue Room
Walk to the Water
October
Mothers of the Disappeared

You know, looking at this, it might have some other uses... :hmm:

MLK. The ultimate U2 lullaby.:wink: Seriously, I'm considering rocking my kids to sleep to this song, when I have them..

Other good ones are
ASOH
Streets
One Tree Hill
Mothers of the Dissapeared

Streets and ASOH, and OTH have too much of the screaming/loudness at the end of the songs. so I'd be clapping my hands insted of laying me head down.

Well, what do you know? Here I am with another story somehow relating to sleeping with U2/music.

I have an older neighbor who used to sing his children to sleep with "MLK" when they were just babies. He's had five children, and all of them were nursed on U2. I think that that's fantastic and, although I can't say I'm a big fan of kids and the like, quite the adorable little story. Just so sweet...

UnforgettableLemon said:
Streets and ASOH, and OTH have too much of the screaming/loudness at the end of the songs. so I'd be clapping my hands insted of laying me head down.

Yeah but what about the "Oh Great Ocean..Oh great sea..." part?

If you shout... said:
Well, what do you know? Here I am with another story somehow relating to sleeping with U2/music.

I have an older neighbor who used to sing his children to sleep with "MLK" when they were just babies. He's had five children, and all of them were nursed on U2. I think that that's fantastic and, although I can't say I'm a big fan of kids and the like, quite the adorable little story. Just so sweet...

Aww..thats cute.:wink:

indigo tree said:

Yeah but what about the "Oh Great Ocean..Oh great sea..." part?

Too little too late. (still one of my fave songs)

But after all the raiiinin' raaaainin' in your heart stuff, it's useless in inducing slumber

Back
Top Bottom