Singing U2 while Drunk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I'm just wondering what U2 songs have people here sung drunk, and do ya's all think U2 lend themselves to being sung drunk? :drunk:

I sang do you feel loved a few dozen times when I was drunk a couple of weeks ago. I don't think it went down too well...slightly discordant you might say :wink:

There was the glorious incident last December, when i'd just seen Electric Six and was completely legless. My friends (who had also been drinking) and I decided to sit in the middle of the roundabout, which was at the end of the road, and I sat there for an hour serenading the world to about twenty U2 songs (no joke - you can't shut me up once I start). It was actually a great night - apparantly, quite a few people gathered on the street opposite to watch :)

I always sing U2 when i'm drunk - the popular numbers are ISHFQILF, EBTTRT, Discotheque and Beautiful Day ;)

Last edited:
beau2ifulday said:
There was the glorious incident last December, when i'd just seen Electric Six and was completely legless. My friends (who had also been drinking) and I decided to sit in the middle of the roundabout, which was at the end of the road, and I sat there for an hour serenading the world to about twenty U2 songs (no joke - you can't shut me up once I start). It was actually a great night - apparantly, quite a few people gathered on the street opposite to watch :)

I always sing U2 when i'm drunk - the popular numbers are ISHFQILF, EBTTRT, Discotheque and Beautiful Day ;)

Very:lmao: free concert in the street:wink:

The Ground Beneath Her Feet, I sang the song a lot but I also kept singing the chorus over and over again.
I love that song but have no idea why that was the song I choose to treat the whole of Nottingham City centre to when I got split off from the rest of my group.

dandy said:
no one appreciates it, but 'lemon' is especially fun to sing when intoxicated.

:up:

:reject:

Now that you mention it I do remember singing that while under the influence and I reeled back trying to do a drunken falsetto and I fell over backwards off my chairs. Now THAT was fun times.... :laugh:

I usually always like to walk home from the bar singing "In A Little While"---especially the 'little girl with spanish eyes...'part :wink:

mysterious ways is very well delivered under said circumstances:lol:

One time I ran to a group of Irish folk at a bar and my friends told them I was a U2 fan. The Irish group looked at me thinking "Who is this guy, what does he know about U2." They asked me to sing a U2 song and I belted out "Sort of A Homecoming" and they were amazed. We had a great night with those guys and towards the end of the night we all sang "Stuck In A Moment" (like 15 of us). Great night.

zoopop said:
One time I ran to a group of Irish folk at a bar and my friends told them I was a U2 fan. The Irish group looked at me thinking "Who is this guy, what does he know about U2." They asked me to sing a U2 song and I belted out "Sort of A Homecoming" and they were amazed. We had a great night with those guys and towards the end of the night we all sang "Stuck In A Moment" (like 15 of us). Great night.

:laugh: That's kinda what happened with my Vertigo incident....first of all we were at a dinky country bar and here's me this silly girl giggling over Irishmen--I'm sure they thought I said U2 cause it was the only Irish thing I could think off. But then I started asking them about Slane Castle and HQ and the Clarence....and they started to chuckle and feed me mass amounts of Guinness!! :D

My favorite u2 drinking song:
The Sweetest Thing

My favorite u2 song after the effects of drinking kick in:
In a Little While
TTTYAATW

Pride - Rattle and Hum version - important to scream the added line "for the rev. Martin Luther King.....SING"

I like to get really drunk and do kareokee here in Rocky Mtn House on thursday nights (so i've been told...dont really remember lol). So far i've done Beautiful day twice, Walk On, and a buddy and i did the Slane version of Stuck in a Moment (him doing the High Edge voice). The Stuck performance was truely brilliant people still talk about it today.:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I've never sang U2 while drunk, but it might be something to consider for next time... :hmm:

I was just in the drunk stage and I just sang last night on earth, dancing barefoot, electric co. and mofo. I sound alot better after a few I gotta say :drunk:

Mmm...can't even count the number of times I did that. Most memorable ones:
First time I was in Dublin with two friends of mine (also U2 fans), we walk into the first pub we see, order a pint and on comes U2... for the rest of the night!

Several times in the local Irish pub. Everytime a U2 song was played it was two for one on the drinks. They did play U2 quite often...

Last week at a party where a friend of mine was playing the music. The last song of the night was Pride and he played that just for me...

i was 19 yrs old...last night of doing a play, bunch of friends and i were at this pizza joint Shakey's...we were putting money in the jukebox and someone put in ISHFWILF. i was already drunk, and i started singing along. really loud lol. good times...

I'm sure I actually sing more in tune when i'm drunk than when i'm not...although I probably just think I do at the time - the truth is probably very different :rolleyes:

I can remember seeing a local band at some dingy club here in Milwaukee. They played both originals and covers. My roommate, Mary, and I were just sitting at a table, drinking our cocktails, when the band started to play, "I Will Follow." Mary and I squealed and ran out to the dance floor to totally rock out. Everyone, including the band, looked at us like we were nuts, but we didn't care. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom