SeaSide Radio (UK) U2 Interferers dedication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
partygirlvox said:

I know its awful, I have no idea where anything is in England.. including shropshire! It could be next to yorkshire for all I know.
But I do know coronation street is set in yorkshire! So my television knowledge makes up for my somewhat lacking geography skills :up:

OH DEAR :lol:

lol x 100000

Cheers wayne :wink:

:ohmy:

You didn't tell me about this! :p So I'm famous now! First my picture in the Honolulu Advertiser, now this?? :cool: Now to come up with some sort of scandal to keep my image in the media.. :hmm:

kafrun said:
Now to come up with some sort of scandal to keep my image in the media.. :hmm:

Careful.
Our radio station doesnt want to be connected with scandals :no:

Ok, on Tuesday he is going to play Johnny Cash's version of 'One'. And dedicate it too you lot again.
Again, he may mention some of you from the list. And if you'd like to be mentioned, post here.

Also, what U2 song do you think could count as country songs?? :hmm:
I know they'll mostly be on JT and R and H. But I cant think which.
And does anyone have the live version of The Wander without the Jaoquin Pheonix intro??

Gracias.

waynetravis said:

Careful.
Our radio station doesnt want to be connected with scandals :no:

Ok, on Tuesday he is going to play Johnny Cash's version of 'One'. And dedicate it too you lot again.
Again, he may mention some of you from the list. And if you'd like to be mentioned, post here.

I know they'll mostly be on JT and R and H. But I cant think which.
And does anyone have the live version of The Wander without the Jaoquin Pheonix intro??

Gracias.

i'd like a foreign radio mention:drool:

:shifty:

Could I get a mention as well? :love:

I think Love Rescue Me could count as a country song...

Last edited:
Oooh some of my favorites are:
Hallelujah here she comes (well, sounds more like a gospel song...but I think your dad can sneak it in!)
Trip Through Your Wires

Can I get a shout out too? Mia from the U.S.A. :D BTW, Wayne, is there a way to listen to this radio station via the web?

partygirlvox said:

I know its awful, I have no idea where anything is in England.. including shropshire! It could be next to yorkshire for all I know.
But I do know coronation street is set in yorkshire! So my television knowledge makes up for my somewhat lacking geography skills :up:

ER no Coronation Street is set in Lancashire!!

Definatley a big thumbs up to your Dad for doing something so awesome like that.

waynetravis said:
Slow Dancing :drool: Either version, though I prefer the original version on the Stay (Faraway, So Close!) single :heart:

He could probably also play the "Dalton Brothers" singing Lucille :wink:

And I'll take a shoutout :up: Just give us a heads up on when it's going to be. If I can get it to stream, and I happen to be online, I can try to record it (or if I can't for whatever reason, maybe somebody else can, using Audacity or something else that records from your soundcard)

waynetravis said:
its on Tuesday, and will be played between 11:30am and 12noon UK time.
and you can listen at www.seasideradio.co.uk

OK, got it. Now watch as I completely forget about it till 12.01pm tomorrow. :wink:

I've looked at the website link Wayne and with all that training stuff it offers it seems seaside radio brings a lot to the community :up: Like notabene says, :applaud: to your dad for being involved with something like this.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

And I'll take a shoutout :up: Just give us a heads up on when it's going to be. If I can get it to stream, and I happen to be online, I can try to record it (or if I can't for whatever reason, maybe somebody else can, using Audacity or something else that records from your soundcard)

Can you record it please, Chass?
that would be great :D

Btw, this week's name list has been finalised :happy:

I listened, I recorded, I am uploading as we speak :D Could take a while, it's almost fifteen minutes long :lol:

I must say, I listened for the whole half hour (with it being 5:30 in the morning, mind you!) and even though the sort of music played isn't really my type, I did enjoy it, because Wayne, your dad is adorable. He's rather fun to listen to :up:

And then it got to our bit, which was especially awesome :hyper: I was quite tickled that he mentioned that I was supposed to be recording it, and so I'm glad I actually remembered to do so, and was awake :tongue: Though I must say, I seem to be becoming rather famous all over the place in the past couple of days, it's rather strange :ohmy:

And the special dedication to Babydoll was painfully mushy :wink:

That upload actually went faster than I expected it to:

http://download.you send it.com/2D5318EC4EB11C9B

Forgive my typo in the filename :tongue: I didn't notice it until the file was more than halfway done uploading. Also, the file is really, really loud, but I think my recorder just does that sometimes :eyebrow:

Thanks so much Dream & Wayne!! That was so cool. I was reading the seaside radio, and wow, what a great radio station. Tell your father, Wayne, that he has an awesome job! I really like what they do for the community. Way to spread the waves of joy!!

OMG!!! he's crazy :lmao:
He mentioned a new U2 album for this year :hmm: let the rumours fly :rockon:

here was this weeks list:

Babydoll
partygirlvox
Kafrun and her dog (even though he fluffed it up :tsk: )
TheQuiet1
craicp
Lara Mullen
Alanah
u2vertigofly
onebloodonelife
redhotswami
Bono's Tart
DreamOutLoud13
Got Philk and Lies
Bonochick
Doozer
Bonosbaby12
Galeongirl
WildHoney
bonoishot
Carmelu2fan
bonocomet
Lila and Bono's Lil Pal
JCOSTER
Sicy
RedRocksU2
Elvis

Congrats :up:

Last edited:
:uhoh: I completely missed this thread all the time it was here..... :reject: Sorry for not thanking you and your dad before Wayne!

:cute: I'll go download that file now....

:drool: oooh I like his accent!

Last edited:
:cute: I just listened to the broadcast! Thanks Wayne! and thank your dad too :D

I'm famous in the UK :macdevil:

Whoa! I just found this thread! I need to download that now. Thanks Wayne!! You are awesome! :hyper:

:ohmy: wow! That was great! And I had never heard JC's version of One!

Thanks again Wayne! :happy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom