Rest of U2 Survivor: War - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Seconds

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Like a Song

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Drowning Man

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • The Refugee

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Two Hearts Beat As One

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Surrender

Votes: 13 22.0%

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DreamOutLoud13 said:

Me too.

I'm gonna go steal a 'Save the Whales' sign and mutilate it until it reads 'Save the Refugee' and then I'll be back to wave it angrily.

Good idea. Poor Refugee.

I had to vote for something... which meant that I voted for something that didn't deserve to be voted for in my opinion anyways... it was a lose lose situation :(

These polls cause such anguish. Oh what fun! :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Ah, so you're not as insane as you appeared to be in the last thread! :wink:

And WTF, how has Drowning Man suddenly surged to 7 votes? I thought it was likely to be War's victor.

I probably like Refugee better than the studio "40" but Surrender exiting this early is an atrocity, so I need to save it.

Could turn into a three-way horse race like this season's Survivor finale! :drool:

Axver said:
I'm surprised at Surrender's strong early polling. I thought it was a bit of a fan favourite. I certainly think it's one of War's top songs.

Can't go with you on that one. The backing vocals, while not as bad as Red Light, still kill Surrender for me.

Now if it was a live version like the one at Red Rocks, I'd consider it a much stronger contender.

Voted for Two Hearts , coz Refugee is just a little better.
But I both don`t like them , but Two Hearts it is.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Axver said:
I'm surprised at Surrender's strong early polling. I thought it was a bit of a fan favourite. I certainly think it's one of War's top songs.

Surrender kicks ass , love it.
The studio version is :drool:
The live version is :drool: :drool:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

martha said:
Refugee

How can anyone vote for Two Hearts? :sad: :( :sad: :( :sad: :( :sad:

It's been my favorite U2 song for what? 24 years? :sad: :(

I concur. I bet some of the voters weren't even born yet when WAR came out.

:hug: for martha

Drowning Man

The Refugee, without hesistation.... I always skip this song when listening to this album

I voted for '40' because it bores me and I have a soft spot for The Refugee, which i just assume will go this round. Looks like I was right.

BTW Drowning Man is my favourite song on the whole album, I would hate to see it go next round :(

~A.j.~

Phew, I'm glad Drowning Man is safe. At this rate though, I'll have to vote Surrender next round to save it. :(

Axver said:
Phew, I'm glad Drowning Man is safe. At this rate though, I'll have to vote Surrender next round to save it. :(

There'll probably be an onslaught on something all the Refugee voters dislike in common. I'm hoping seconds, but it'll probably be 40 or Two Hearts.

Yeah, I'm betting that 40's about to get a flogging. I'd like to think it'd be THBAO though. That really needs to go. It just lacks the substance and depth of everything else here. It's a bit fun, but it's really just fluff.

Axver said:
Yeah, I'm betting that 40's about to get a flogging. I'd like to think it'd be THBAO though. That really needs to go. It just lacks the substance and depth of everything else here. It's a bit fun, but it's really just fluff.

Kind of like most of Pop? (I'm gonna get flamed for that, huh?)

To clarify, for the ones who may think that's a jab at Pop: fun bits that are really just fluff (like most of the Pop album and songs such as Two Hearts Beat As One) are some of my favourites!

Why is it that the two best songs of these eight (Drowning Man and Surrender) are going to be fighting to eliminate each other in the third round?

"40" needs to be the next one out. It's not the live version.

The only reason 40 even made it to the second round is because most people just think about the live version (which is infinitely better).

martha said:
How can anyone vote for Two Hearts? :sad: :( :sad: :( :sad: :( :sad:

That's how I feel, too.

Surrender for me this time. Again, the backing vocals are just awful.

When I was first getting in to U2 and watched Rattle and Hum, I fell in love with that performance of Bad. I didn't know the name of the song, though, so I bought War thinking Surrender was Bad. Boy was I mad when I found out it wasn't! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom