Rest of U2 Survivor: October - Round 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favorite song

• G-L-O-R-I-A!

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 31 58.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
There was no rejoicing in Mudville as Rejoice was shown the door (28 votes).

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Gloria
- Tomorrow

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Though technically... if we're going "G-L-O-R-I-A!", then that's a different Gloria :wink:

Yeah, and I don't like that one. :wink:

Choosing between these two is painful. I'd probably ordinarily vote Tomorrow, but I'm really enjoying it at the moment, and, well, I'd like to see it compete with Gloria.

u2trinity said:
oh , now the spelling of the titles is biased .

Biased? Please! I was just showing off my fantastic spelling skills, which I must prove to you all after misspelling "Birck."

:wink:

THIS round makes me cry. Tomorrow must go, unfortunately, simply because Gloria is incredible. :(

Won't you be back tomorrow
Won't you be back tomorrow
Will you be back tomorrow
Open up, open up
To the lamb of God
To the love of he who made
The blind to see
He's coming back
He's coming back
I believe it
Jesus coming

I'm gonna be there
I'm gonna be there mother
I'm gonna be there mother
I'm going out there
And you're gonna be there...

:sad:

Gloria... in te domine

If it were live versions it would be closer...Gloria live > Gloria studio, whereas Tomorrow studio at least approaches Tomorrow live.

CTU2fan said:
Gloria... in te domine

If it were live versions it would be closer...Gloria live > Gloria studio, whereas Tomorrow studio at least approaches Tomorrow live.

It is a hideous crime how infrequently performed Tomorrow has been. October --> Tomorrow is one of the band's most beautiful and unjustifiably obscure segues.

Axver said:

It is a hideous crime how infrequently performed Tomorrow has been. October --> Tomorrow is one of the band's most beautiful and unjustifiably obscure segues.

Indeed. Nice one in that Glasgow 1983-03-24 gig. That might be one of the last performances too, come to think of it.

intedomine said:
Gloria is so perfect that it makes Tomorrow seem like a b-side from Scott Stapp's solo career.

... no.

Just no.

No U2 song can make another U2 song seem that bad. Even in the context of Streets vs Elvis Ate America, the latter is still gold compared to anything involving Scott Stapp.

I voted Tomorrow. It's just ... Gloria, man. Gloria. We ain't talkin' bout just some song. We talkin' 'bout Gloria. Not just any song. Not a song. Not a song. Not a song. Gloria, man. Gloria.

Still another day for voting ... anything could happen!

Who knew teh internetz could be so exciting!?!

:hyper:

It was an easy vote for me. Had it been Rejoice vs Gloria it would have been much tougher. Not that I don't love Tomorrow, that's the crazy thing about these polls, I love the song so much, it's amazing, but there were just so many good songs here. Tomorrow got my vote.

Back
Top Bottom