Rate The Song: Sunday Bloody Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunday Bloody Sunday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Today we shall begin rating War! We're moving along fairly quickly in this Rate The Song Series.

Please rate Sunday Bloody Sunday on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Oh silly if it's not a 10. There's nothing that can possibly be said about this song to lower it in my opinion.

It's got amazing composition, a powerful message, importance to the band and their history, a rocking tune, etc. etc.

Another 9, and not a 10 for the same reasons as New Year's Day. Close to a 10, but 10 is for the most "perfect" U2 tracks in my book.

As far as Sunday Bloody Sunday goes, it's phenomenal. Great guitar part (that is easy and fun to play), good lyrics, and fantastic live. And as LuckyNumber7 said, very important to the history of the band.

My second favorite song of the pre-Unforgettable Fire era, but I'll give it a 10. Amazing song - really love it. It's so good when played live as well.

Love the song, but wouldn't mind seeing it get rotated on a nightly basis with Pride, as I've grown tired of both songs in their middle aged versions.

Nothing beats the UABRS version of this song, which I heard before the far inferior album version. I was only 13 at the time, and was very confused as to why the album version was so bad!

Duh, '10'.

(I much prefer the album version to the Under a Blood Red Sky version... but the greatest of them is the Denver 1987 one in the Rattle & Hum film.)

Can't agree that the studio version is vastly inferior to live versions. I really miss those violins, which sound Irish as all hell to me.

Anyway, great song. Intense, meaningful, and wonderfully melodic. Can't really get tired of it, but I do every once in a while. 9.

2nd best song on the album. Larry is the star of this one, and the lyrics are heavy and all together it makes for a really good anthem. 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom