Rate the Song Series: The Sweetest Thing (Original Version)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The Sweetest Thing Original Version

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best opening post yet.

Song gets a 2. It's shit. Shitastic. Shitacular. Shiterrific. Not as bad as the songs I'd give a zero or a one, but ... I never listen to it.

8 for me. Song deserves lower but brings back great memories of a bar I used to frequent back in the day that ended each Saturday night with Sunday Bloody Sunday, Sweetest Thing '87 and then 40 for the stagger out. Lots of bad dancing, singing and judgement - brilliant times.

PS....i thought we were allowed to vote on ANY version of the songs we wanted, be it live, studio or whatever?

There'll be another poll for the later version, since they're so distinct.

Imo it's not THAT dramatically different, the song structure pretty much is the same...just a thought, there are far more distinct differences in versions/mixes of later songs...are we going to do separate polls for them also? Could get rather muddled up :shrug:

Either one, 7

Imo it's not THAT dramatically different, the song structure pretty much is the same...just a thought, there are far more distinct differences in versions/mixes of later songs...are we going to do separate polls for them also? Could get rather muddled up :shrug:

I've asked for people to suggest songs a couple of times to do that with but no one has replied, hence the giant attention grabbing writing this time. If anyone has recommendations for songs let me know, I'm only willing to do it were the other version is popular enough so stuff like

NLOTH and NLOTH 2, Vertigo and Native Son, Lady With the Spinning Head (Original) and Lady with the Spinning Head dance remix (due to its popularity), Crazy Tonight and Crazy Tonight (Redanda/Live), Alt Sometimes and Sometimes? Alt All Because of You? Alt Yahweh isn't making it though, it's not different enough

So yeah people give me ideas if songs are decently popular I'll be more than willing to put up a poll for the different versions

A generous four. I'll probably give the single a five or a six. Not a very good song in any form.

TOTALLY not trying to argue this but I'd have to say that the differences in Yahweh are greater than or at least equal to those of Sweetest Thing. Check out the bridge for instance...totally different.

Yahweh sounds like a better mix, Sweetest Thing has a different vocal

Don't forget to do Slow Dancing '93/live and Slow Dancing '97 separately. The '97 abomination deserves a 1, but the song itself is more a 7.

This song is worse than the second half of October, and that's saying a lot.

Back
Top Bottom