Rate The Song: Promenade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Promenade

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Finally, we have made it into the second quarter of our competition! Today we shall begin rating U2's second era of music, beginning with the first half of The Unforgettable Fire.

Please rate Promenade on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

For the record, U2 rates War as follows:
1) New Year's Day
2) Sunday Bloody Sunday
3) Drowning Man
4) "40"
5) Like A Song…
6) Two Hearts Beat As One
7) Surrender
8) Seconds
9) Red Light
10) The Refugee

In two days, when the round for the second half of unreleased songs through the War era is finished, I will release rankings for every song so far.

Beautiful song. Love the random guitar strumming, though the song could have been a little bit longer. So good. Giving it a 7.

9, but it's wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Only not a 10 because it doesn't go on forever.

Atmospheric in every sense of the word. You can almost float away with this song, minus the random 'coca-cola, football, radio' which then turns the song a bit humorous.

9/10.

It's kind of hard to rate these "mini-songs", but I'll give this an '8'. It's really beautiful, and actually has a lovely tune. Back then, they were doing more with less. (Nowadays, they're doing less with more.)

One of my personal favorites from this album. I enjoy it so much I had to give it a 10. Just a lovely tune that conjures up beautiful imagery. To me it's kind of the quieter, mini companion piece to the opening track, A Sort of Homecoming. So perfect together.

Bono's vocals makes it a 9. One of his best. It's a beautiful song as well, feels very dreamy and atmospheric.

11.5!!!!

God this song is so beautiful, haven't listened to this in ages and stunned by what it does to me within just over two minutes, it connects me even more strongly than before. I don't know why but the "coca cola, radio" bit somehow contrasts well with me as a kind of earthy counterpoint to the ethereal beauty of the main piece. Appreciate that may not make sense to other views, but for whatever reason it works for me. Love Bonos vocal on this song sounds so pure and the line "have i got closer now behind the face"

Back
Top Bottom