Now that's what I call a big production!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notiti

Refugee
Wow, just got back in from Chicago night two, and my head is reeling. Maybe it was the ten hours out in the bitter cold, maybe it was the fact that I got no sleep, but I think that really it was just U2 proving that they are the greatest band on Earth, yet again.
I got in the GA line at eight this morning making it in at #213, thank god. We couldn't bring any blankets or extra clothing because we came on the 'L' but luckily some other fans came to our aid and offered blankets. The line went really smoothly, we passed out "Magic" cards with numbers on them and the whole line verbally (and almost physically sometimes) harrased those who tried to cut. I made it near the tip of the heart just a bit to stage left.
Garbage rocked the house, despite technical problems, with Shirley Manson berating the crowed for not being loud enough "at the greatest rock show you'll see in years." Great set, high energy, good crowd respose, but on to the boys...
I'm afraid that I can't quote the setlist directly, I get sort of fuzzy on the order after the third song but I can tell you that it was Elevation, BD and the Until The End Of The World. Amazing stuff. For me higlights included, Stay (Far Away So Close), All I Want Is You, Wake up Deadman/Stuck, and the second encore in general. I was so struck by this show, The dynamic really has done a one eighty since I last saw them in April.
This new leg is, just as everyone was hypothesising, increadibly emotional. I went with three of my friends, who had never been to a U2 show before and we spent most of our time crying and clinging to each other. With the exceptions of a few classics (I Will Follow) it was very difficult for me to remain unmoved, and I am not one of those cry at the drop of a hat girls.
The whole band preformed excellently. There were a few minor set backs in the technical arena. (The Edge's guitar fuzzed out a bit and Larry's drums had to be fixed) the show went seemlessly. Bono was in top preformance as per usual, and the band seemed to have increadible energy. All Bono's speaches were very touching and the crowd reacted in a big way. They were still screaming their heads off after the second encore.
I am emotionally spent at this moment, and I am so please with this. The boys have done it again, what else can I say??

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

[This message has been edited by notiti (edited 10-16-2001).]

Thank you notiti!!! That's my cousin, you guys!
biggrin.gif
I was thinking about you all day!! But you forgot to tell them about fine ham abounds.
wink.gif

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Oh and as a side note, ladies the tip of the heart is the place to be if you wanna scope the sweet sweet Bono ass (and it is sweet.) All I have to say is FINE HAM ABOUNDS!!!!!!!!!

------------------

WOW STAY!!! ALL I WANT IS YOU!!!! and WAKE UP DEAD MAN!!!!! WOW, it looks they will be really switching it up for cities with more than one show, that's so great!!!!

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Haha, "sweet sweet Bono ass." That's great!
Sounds like it was an awesome show! Thanks!

Originally posted by notiti:

This new leg is, just as everyone was hypothesising, increadibly emotional. I went with three of my friends, who had never been to a U2 show before and we spent most of our time crying and clinging to each other. With the exceptions of a few classics (I Will Follow) it was very difficult for me to remain unmoved, and I am not one of those cry at the drop of a hat girls.

Don't feel silly - the first time I saw U2 was on the PopMart tour in 97. I was 5th row (no GA) and I don't remember a single thing about it - I was balling so hard. I didn't think I would cry (I was 21 at the time) but the moment I saw Bono coming towards the stage, I bent over and was wailing for the first 4 songs!! The rest of the concert was mental recovery and more crying - and thank God I have seen them 3 times since then to make up for my brain blip.

I hope Stay and AIWIY remains - I would die to see that in Vegas!!!

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

unfortuanately no-one made it on stage this evening....... but they guys did play desire, acoutic at the tip of the heart!

now that was entertainment!

------------------
...and may your dreams be realized...

HelloAngel I felt the same way for the Joshua Tree concert. I was 14 and really dont remember the concert much at all. I cried through the whole thing, especially seeing Larry because I am a big Larry fan. This leg I'm alot more grown up and though its still an incredible experience to see the band play, I have a better memory of it now, and I will in November trust me!

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

New forum smilie suggestions click here!

Very cool! I had a friend call me at about 8:25 saying "guess what? Its my 25th birthday and I'm at the United Center in Chicago for the U2 show. About five minutes later this huge roar went up and I was just like "I want to be there!" oh well....one more week.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

10/16 Main Set:
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Until the End of the World
New Year's Day
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Wake Up Dead Man / Stuck
Kite
Desire
Stay
All I Want Is You
Where the Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride (In The Name of Love)
Encore(s):
Bullet the Blue Sky
What's Going On
New York
One
Peace On Earth / Walk On

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Oh and for the record, it wasn't my first U2 show, it was my third. It was a first for my friends.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom