Non-Single Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST or Vertigo x2 will attack you.

• Running To Stand Still

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Red Hill Mining Town

Votes: 41 74.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Bee

Blue Crack Addict
Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
That's right, Axver's sleeping on the job, people. I had to get things going with this final round.

PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG!

The loser of the previous round was Exit.

Voting Results:
36 - Exit
27 - Red Hill Mining Town
8 - Running To Stand Still

Total votes = 71

Already Eliminated From The Joshua Tree:
4. Exit
3. Bullet The Blue Sky
2. Mothers Of The Disappeared
1. Trip Through Your Wires

Final Qualifiers:
Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Tomorrow
War - Like A Song ...
The Unforgettable Fire - Promenade

How to play: Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all non-singles from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the WORST. The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the Best Non-Single or Least Objectionable Non-Single, depending upon your perspective.

If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome.

Running To Stand Still. Get out of here already. :wave:

Red Hill Mining Town is a forgotten classic. :drool:

Queen Bee said:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So it was you.

Of course. Last round, I said I would've voted for RTSS if Exit's mastering wasn't so bloody bad.

I still think Exit's the better song but RTSS sounds better on the album unless you're using headphones.

Running to Stand Still....

Taking nothing away from the beauty of Running to Stand Still, Red Hill Mining Town is just a far superior and more exciting track...

So my skull needs cracking...

I love Red Hill Mining Town, I think it's brillant, but Running to Stand Still is just still so haunting and the slide guitar just makes it all the more special.

It better win :mad: :mad:

Final Qualifiers:
Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Tomorrow
War - Like A Song ...
The Unforgettable Fire - Promenade
The Joshua Tree - Running to Stand Still

:heart: :heart:

I'll vote for Red Hill Mining Town.

I think I have a special place in my heart for Running To Stand Still.

I voted for "RTSS". Sorry, but "Red Hill Mining Town" is a damn amazing song. The band knew this and were even going to turn it into a single, but Bono realized he couldn't hit those high notes on the stage nightly, so it was scrapped......so yeah, a masterpiece that would've easily been a worldwide smash.

My two favourite non-single songs on The Joshua Tree, it hurts to choose just one...:sad:

I'll vote Running To Stand Still though, I absolutely adore RTSS but I love Red Hill Mining Town just that little, tiny bit more.

I find it ironic that the scores are currently 28-11, as it was 28/11/1987 when U2 are known to have extensively soundchecked Red Hill Mining Town in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

:nerd:

I had so much difficulty with this one. I love both songs so much. If only Bono could have sung RHMT live...the single that should have been. But on the other hand, RTSS has the lyrics "You gotta cry without weeping / Talk without speaking / Scream without raising your voice." Those three lines are perhaps my favourite U2 lyrics ever. RTSS, therefore, got the slight edge.

Queen Bee said:
Red Hill Mining Town :yawn:

I'm going to crack some skulls if RTSS doesn't win this :mad:

Edited for typo!!

I'll join you with that, I have some pipes currently in my hand

I'll crack some ribs and kneecaps and other bones if RHMT loses. :mad:

Seems RTSS is rather over-rated here. RHMT is epic, the classic that should've and would've been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom