My U2-related novel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgoth321

Acrobat
I originally posted in the books forum, but since so few people seem to go there, I thought I'd try this more general forum. Apologies in advance if I should've left it where it was, or if self-promotion is frowned upon.

Anyway, if you walked into a book shop and saw a novel called 'Hawkmoon 269', or were already aware of it, would you like to read more if the backcover described it along the following lines?

"A suspicious car crash is closely followed by a series of scientifically unexplainable murders. Suspecting that the events are linked, Belfast journalist and U2 obsessive Noah Wilson investigates, his instincts attracted by mystifying references to an
obscure song, Hawkmoon 269.

Struggling to cover up a critical breach of security, a top secret government organisation is confronted by the unexpected return of a rogue former operative, bent on revenge. Aware that the potential seeds of their destruction have unwittingly slipped into the public domain, a deadly race ensues between the organisation and their potential destroyer, Teseida. At stake is the biological future of an entire nation.

Only one man can prevent disaster, a reclusive scientific genius who has chosen exile, leaving behind a baffling trail of clues relating to U2. Barely escaping an encounter with the deadly Teseida, Noah finds himself drawn into a shadowy world of unimaginable secrets and lies, where his own knowledge can make a difference. Still a target, he teams up with enigmatic government agent Wendy Colgan, as they attempt to locate the scientist and stop Teseida from committing an unprecedented act of scientific terror."

So far, I've written 130,000 words of my U2-themed thriller, and hope to bring it to a conclusion within the next month or so. Then I'll see if I can get it published...Obviously I'd want my story to gain the maximum possible readership, but my big selling point is that I want to aim it specifically at U2 fans (as well as those who enjoy mass market thrillers, or books with a strong Irish interest). I suppose I'm really wondering if there would be a market for a U2 related novel? I believe that there is, and have deliverately selected a title intended to appeal to U2 fans.

If there's any interest here, I could be persuaded to post some sample chapters in due course. Better still, if you happen to be a literary agent or publisher as well as a U2 fan, don't hesitate to get in touch... (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)

Morgoth321 said:
I originally posted in the books forum, but since so few people seem to go there, I thought I'd try this more general forum. Apologies in advance if I should've left it where it was, or if self-promotion is frowned upon.

Sorry, but you can't post in a different forum just because you think more people will see it somewhere else. It kind of defeats the purpose of even having those other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom