My St. Patrick's Day in Dublin (some U2 content)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by cass:
crzy......10 000 pennies for one of the thoughts that passed through your mind for the hour you took to getup the courage (or find the appropriate time) to say hello.

Sure...
"please don't say something stupid... please don't say something stupid... please don't say something stupid..."
hehe

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

*THUD!!!!!!!!*

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
Sure...
"please don't say something stupid... please don't say something stupid... please don't say something stupid..."
hehe

Oh God, that was running through my mind the entire time when i met them!
redface.gif

*Thud 2*
eek.gif
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 03-21-2002).]

That is so freaking awesome. I think that this is really one of the coolest meeting-a-U2-member stories I've heard, because it really was just a coincidence. *wishes for such a coincidence*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

It was really nice meeting you too Laura!!!!
As Chris said, if there's a person in the world who'd deserve it, that's you!!! I hope you enjoyed every moment of your trip - a shame Garry kicked us out of the Dockers, lol.

Oh by the way we've got one of your cameras! Did zoom tell you that? lol I hope he'll send you the pics...

Love,
Rosa

hey, great story, and as I said at the time (after picking myself up of the floor), not many people i know deserve more to have met Bonoin such style. Well done - we are all very happy for you
smile.gif

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

*still amazed*
smile.gif

Just a question.
How do one introduce oneself to these men??

" Hi Bono, my name is XX and I am your biggest fan"

Ehh... I don't think so. How do you do? To not look or sound like a freak??

As I said in my post most of what I said was a blur... (LOL) but it was along the lines of "hi, i'm really sorry for the intrusion but I'm a huge fan and I just couldn't pass on the opportunity of you sitting across the room and I wanted to introduce myself to you and shake your hands." or something like that.

Thanks zoom and chris and everybody for all your nice comments!
biggrin.gif

------------------

That sounds very calm and nice. I'm fascinated that you could say anything at all. I know about the bluriness of meetings.
wink.gif

The question though was not only for you but just a thought that popped into my mind.
smile.gif

Sorry Diamond...
No I didn't notice that just that I felt like it was just me and him in the room - but I was reaaaaaaaaaaly nervous. LOL!
smile.gif

------------------

Ok Laura.
Hmmm, maybe he just puts on his deeper,more manly voice for pretty fans who smoke cigerettes perhaps.
Iam very glad for you.
Truly glad.

Db9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

CRAZY- CONGRATS! Amazing, just amazing! You know I had to read your story 3 times through to get the full impact! That is a dream! Dublin, The Clarence, just happening upon Bono and Edge, that's beautiful! How exciting!
biggrin.gif
I'm happy for u!
*dreams of visiting Ireland one day
wink.gif

How cool.....really cool. Next time you "run" into him, will you ask him a question for me..LOL: and that would be "How do you fit all that you do in a 24 hour day?"....because, I have to say, that's the one question I'd really love to hear him answer!....So happy for your memorable weekend.....Where's your camera when you need it, ah?...............Then again, I'd really feel like I was intruding then. Thanks for sharing it with us.......

WOW!!!! That's incredible - congratulations and thanks for sharing with us. I feel like such an intruder for reading a personal story like that...

I was looking at this thread for a few days, and i thought "U2 content is probably about U2's music playing at the time."

It's sure good to be wrong sometimes.
smile.gif

------------------
"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked about the airplanes in the videos, and the airport pics on ATYCLB)

"Not just any band...the best band on the planet." - Bono

"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge about playing live

"There's still stuff left for us to do, and that's why we still do it." - Larry, 1998

Back
Top Bottom