Mr Macphisto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the greatest characters created in the last several decades.

I loved Mac, but I don't think today's Bono could pull it off. I'd rather remember him as he was. He belongs to Zoo TV.

phillyfan26 said:

If I were Bono, I'd be more embarassed about An Cat Dubh Live from Vertigo: Chicago than about MacPhisto.

SNAP! :wink:

I love Macphisto but agree he should definitely be left in the past with Zoo TV, what purpose would he serve on a future U2 tour like Elevation/Vertigo? That's if they DO end up doing another 'minimal' tour [compared to Zoo TV/Popmart]

The masked Bono performing Lemon and WOWY back to back with all the theatrics both had on that tour? You want the guy to be sincere and honest on stage? There was more of both in that two song character sequence then in any flag waving and Pride screaming.

LemonMacPhisto said:

:up:

MacPhisto's maybe my favorite idea to come out of the ZooTV era.

I preferred his prank calls to The Mirrorball Man's prank calls, too, but The Mirrorball Man got to own Desire (basically make it has bitch) through most of '92, so it's about even I guess.

I agree that Mirrorball man owned desire.
Macphisyo was a great character, far better than Mirrorball man. His performances of Daddys Gonna Pay, Lemon and Ultraviolet are out of this world. Not sure if it would work though if Bono brought him back.

Mc Phisto:drool: He is so cool. I want to dress like him for this upcoming Halloween.

He's my favourite from the three! So funny and ironic and just cool! His performances were some of the greatest ever and he represents my favourite U2 era. I also love the speaches and the voice Bono made :lol:... What more can I ask?

But I agree that nowadays it wouldn't work. And I don't think they would dare to do something like him again.

would anyone like to see a movie starring macphisto? his life before he was a tired, old popstar?....dont laugh, it could be interesting haha
*a*

Saracene said:
MacPhisto was awesome (apart from the butchering of WOWY) and I'm always impressed by how deeply Bono disappears into the role. But he and his glittery platforms should be left in the 90s.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom