Motivation & Thank You Messages to U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wild honey 7

Acrobat
:wave: Hi all, I'm going back to Dublin next week, of course, I'm planning to go to HQ too :wink: and I thought about taking some of your messages with me :wink:!!!

The messages are supposed to show U2 how much their fans appreciate their hard work on the new album and how much everyone looks forward to hear the new songs and see them live on tour again. -> MOTIVATION :yes:

Also, as we all know, the days of U2 working/recording at Hanover Quay Studios are almost over :sad:, it's time to thank them:
For all the countless times they came out to talk to fans waiting there, taking pictures, signing stuff; or stopping their cars, no matter how late at night it was and in all kinds of bad weather.
In a way, they made every fan that met one of them there feeling special. -> THANK YOU's :yes:

So if you want to participate, post here until this Friday the latest. I will then print this thread and hand it to one of them :yes:.

Thats nice of you Sue!

Good luck for next week and best of luck in meeting Larry I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!:wink:

I'm back on the 29th for 3 days I am counting the days already!!
I hope they havent finished by then as I will have a very upset 7 year old on my hands!!

Have a great time!!

I'll start it off;

Adam Mr Cool thank you for stopping and talking to everone a few weeks ago you are a star!!
Edge yet another Mr Cool you made our trip on the Wednesday afternoon thank you!!
BONO well what can I say about you apart from you are just simply the best we love ya babe!!!:wink:
Larry well we didnt meet(surprise suprise!!) but thanks for waving at my sister it made her day!!!:wink:

Just carry on doing what you do best making great music!!:hug: :bow: :kiss:

Bono I'll see you soon!!!:flirt:

Dear Adam, Bono, Edge, and Larry:

Thank you for -
-being so great to fans :hug:
-for being friends to each other
-the December 1, 2001 Tampa concert :wink:
-"Walk On"
- The "Night and Day" Video :drool: :D
- your Live Aid performance
- through being a U2 fan, I've met lots of great people, other fans from around the world :)
- your Superbowl performance
-having a great sense of humor
- that British show where you took the hosts "inside" the Lemon and at the end exchanged gifts ("strollin bowlin":lmao: )
-making great music!

and anything else I forgot to mention :)

Kelly

Last edited:
Hey..I'm in for the thank you's...

'Guys...thank you soo much for everything you make for us...you are the ones giving us a great life..!
There's a song that has this words...and they definitely fit to my feelings for you...

'If I would tell you, how much you mean to me, I think you wouldn't understand it. So I wait, I wait, until this day comes ,when you will understand it. And I can't help myself, I can't stop myself...I am going crazy...And I can't turn my back...it's time to face the fact, life without you is hazy...!

That's it guys...you are the most amazing shining light in my life...even in the grey days...you are the ones making it worth it!!
And...thank you so much for your presence here in Portugal...I met you at the airpot...thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart, for making my day the most happy day of my life...and for making my biggest dream come true!! Thank for the songs that light my day and inspire me so much!! And..most of all...thank you for being such wonderfull musicians...and PERSONS!! That's what makes you different...that's what makes you stand strong after so many years!!!

Love
Tania

Dear guys,
Even though I'm so young( I was in diapers when you were kickin arses around the world) I wanna thank you so much for all.

Thanks for the music...for the lyrics...and most of all...for making me laugh when I am sad... for making me care about the issues worldwide...
Thanx for workin so hard to make your fans happy, also for your efforts to make everyone happy around the studio.

Edge, thanks for all the guitar solos!!!!! They're are all so beautiful! Bullet the Blue Sky and Mysterious Ways! YAY!
I love you man! Actually, I love you all!

Last edited:
Dear Adam/Bono/Edge/Larry:

Thank you for the music, the rhythms and melodies, the words, the moments you share with us, the mesh. :sexywink: Thanks for making the world a brighter place :)

On another note-

Adam, I saw a giraffe at the zoo and I thought of you :wink:
giraffe1.jpg

I just want to say thank you for all the wonderful music over the years, you guys make the world a better place. I'm really looking forward to hearing the new album, as I'm sure it'll be great just like everything else you've ever released. Keep making all the music! :wave: :bow:

Tears in my eyes already...this may be harder than I thought.

There's so much I want to say thank you for...I'm not really sure where to start. Guess I'll just start with what comes to mind first. You might want to sit down, this could take a while! :)

Thank You for-
...always being there for me. Your music has been the soundtrack to some of the happiest moments in my life & has also been the only thing that kept me sane during the worst moments.

...the love & respect you show for each other, your families & your fans.

...staying true to yourselves and your music & for never selling out.

...trying to make the world a better place & for inspiring so many others, myself included, to follow your example.

...being the perfect example of what real true friendship is all about.

...for being the amazing, beautiful, talented men that you are! :hug:

Love,
Julie

Hey Guys!

I'm waiting for you here in Brazil for the next tour!
Good Luck with the new album!

Love:hug:

Patricia

Dear heroes of mine, I want to say that you all kick major ass and that I love you a lot!!!

Now, all we've been hearing is that this next record is a real rock record and all I can say about this is: THANK GOD!!!!!!! My favorite U2 songs are the hard, angry, pissed off, guitar driven, heavy attack with the bass and drums kind of songs. Those are the ones who put a big smile on my face!!! Look ---> :D The songs with those great guitar riffs from The Edge, where Larry is smashing those cymbals like a madman, where Adam is playing his cool, big and fat bass lines and Bono is screaming to the top of his lungs are the ones that I like the most. And I think you guys really like that a lot too cause to ME it always seemed that you were having more fun with those big rock songs than any other!!!! So I?m very excited about this new record!!!!

As you can see I'm from Brazil, a country that loves and supports U2 as if you were Brazilians. I heard quite a few rumors that this next tour will be big and that you might be coming over here, well I'll be waiting like a killer in the sun like Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen said.

You guys have been working on this album for some time now and I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for putting so much effort and time into making those records that we love and wait for so much!!! I hope you guys are having fun too and that you have even more fun when the tour kicks in. Congratulations with all that you?ve been achieving lately Bono on your crusade against AIDS!! You?re a real role model for many, and me many others who are paying attention to each word that you say in your amazing speeches. It's hard to put in words what I feel about U2 and how much I care for and love this band so I won't try, I think I?ve said too much. The only thing left to say is that I love you all and I hope we see each other someday in my country!!!!

:hug:

TheBrazilianFly (one of the few PLEBA guys)

Hey, I know I am Carly, you probably get letters from me before. lol. I am emotionally touched by your music and the faith in each other you have! :cute: I love all of the band members but I have been esp. touched by Bono's beautiful voice and words of wizdom! And how he compares music to the spirit! ;)You guys are unique, musically passionate. Hey, I can't for the next U2 album and tour! Thank you for your kindness to fans and your hard work in the studios. :wink: You will always rock U2!!

hey guys!! here's Emilie, the french sushi girl!!!!

just a quick word....

i spent the most extraodinary time at HQ! the first time i came there was during the summer 2002 and it was the beginning of a great adventure! since last december, i decided to give you guys stuff from fans from PLEBA (the greatest place on earth, with the greatest fans!!! ) and i met so many news friends on that bench! i shared special moments and that's because of u!! you don't know what u brought to fans when you're meeting them there! after you've met them, the street turns in a place of joy! it's paradise, you can see people crying, hugging each other, calling everybody, they are just happy :love: so thanx for that!

Dallas, if you're reading this, just to tell you i miss you, i need my best friend here!! thanx for being so nice with me :hug: and remember you're the nicest man in rock n' roll! say "hi" to steve lillywhite from me!!

Adam: don't worry, you are the nicest man in rock n' roll as well :hug: thanx for being who you are adam! thanx for showing so much kindness for your fans, but remember to be careful and to take care of yourself :heart: i am sorry about everything bad which could have happened at the studios during those years... i would like to thank you from all the sushi girls and a big special thank for you know what :kiss: remember, free drinks!! check the wall at HQ!! so, adam there's no word to tell you all i have in my heart right now! i have the key of ur heart and u have the key of mine!!

Bono: well, no word either! thank u thank u thank u :hug: thank u for the lift to town, thank u for everything u brought to me! everytime u hugged me i had the impression u were my father for 2 seconds and that was the best feeling ever :heart: thanks for being soo nice but don't work too much, u need rest, so stop trying to change the world a minute and stop meeting fans a bit, and take care of yourself and your family! i thank u for existing! well, i think i have to thank god for that :laugh: i hope u liked the wine and u should go to that town in france which is called "Le Bono"!! and drive carefully!!

Edge: take off your beanie!!! it is better without!!!well, i just want to tell you that i am sorry if sometimes i just ignored you.... you're soo nice!! you're the first one i met so that moment will be in my mind forever!! thanx :hug:

Larry: thanx for beeping!! and thanx for the drumsticks you gave to one of the sushi girls and thanx for trying to stop :hug: be careful, there're some crazy people out there!! thanx for starting the band!!

so well, good luck with the new album!! i am sure it will be one f***ing good album!!!
and i will see you during the tour!! check the front row!!

take care
Emilie xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Bono, Adam, Edge and Larry
Thank you SO SO much for being SO kind to both
my friends Carolyn and Julie who met with you recently
in Dublin. I would love it if you came to Dorset on the
next tour - you would be made very welcome.
Take care
God Bless
love
Heather
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Heather for that message and thanks too Sue. I was with Bono's Tart at HQ on the Wednesday but didn't actually get to speak to you.

But most of all thank you Bono and Edge for finally making my dream of meeting you come true after all these years of near misses.

A special thanks Bono from my 2 little girls for signing their Peter & The Wolf newspaper article with a personal message and kisses - they love it and I will join you in The Study at The Clarence one day for a drink on one of my many stays!!!

Dear Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam,

You guys are amazing. I've been a fan since I was 9 years old (back in 1991). Your music is incredible. You're all geniuses!!! I'm so excited about your next album. Thanks for working so hard on it. God has given you all wonderful gifts. Thank you for using them! Thank you for caring about others so much. You are all truly amazing people.

God Bless!

Michelle

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am an "elder" fan -- in fact, I am the mother of an adult U2 fan! We "grew up" together back in the 80's, and your music has always been a part of our lives. (In fact, my daughter was totally mad at me when I got to go to your concert at Notre Dame, IN 10/01 and she didn't -- she lives in Florida now. I told her next time you're in Florida, we'll go together).

My biggest thank you comes from the fact that you walked me through my mother's death in July of 2001. She was in Intensive Care for a month after a botched heart surgery, on a respirator the whole time. She was conscious only a little the second week. Many times after visiting the hospital, I'd go out to my car and I'd find you guys on my radio. You kept the steel in my spine so many times, but also provided a soft place to land when I needed it.

You helped us sing her home 10/10/01 at Notre Dame and I think she was smiling.

I doubt I'll ever get to thank you face to face, but just know you've made such a difference in my little life.

Thank you.

Dear Adam, Bono, Edge and Larry

Thank you for all the great music you all have made over the years. Your music and words have touched my life and many other peoples as well. I've never met any of you (I hope one day I can) but I feel like I know you through your music.

Adam: You're one awesome bass player. From what I hear from Emilie your also very sweet. Thanks for everything you do for the band.

Bono: You're a great singer/songwriter and activist. You have inspired me in more ways than one, and I thank you for that. Thanks for everything you do for the band.

Edge: What can I say, You're my favorite guitar player (and the best) Thanks for everything you do for the band.

Larry: Well what can I say I really like drummers, and your the best. I love listening to the songs and hearing all those great drum lines. They're awesome. Thanks for starting U2 and everything you do for the band.

To the 4 men who are a daily inspiration in my life:

Words can't express how much I'd like to thank you for providing me with the soundtrack of my life. You guys have been there in the good times, making those precious moments even more precious, and also in the bad times, lifting my spirit when I needed it the most.

One of my biggest dreams was meeting you and when I finally had the chance to do so, you were absolutely brilliant: warm, nice, funny...just the best!

I can wait for the new album, and nost importantly, I can't wait to see you all again!

Flavia

Hi guys,
I know the new album will be great again and will fill our hearts with joy and love. You've got soul!!

Bono,
You don't know how much our meeting on the 3rd of may means to me. After 20 years my dream came true....., my spirit is still in the air. Thank you for being so nice to us, fans, we really appreciate it.
There was a lot a wanted to ask you, but i was too busy capturing these precious moments on video, i almost forgot to stand next to you for a photo (luckily i didn't forget the kisses:wink: ). Dublin is like "home away from home" for me with all these nice people; i will surely return.

I'll see you again at the tour, counting the days already.
Keep up the good word you do for Africa, I also love you for that.

Love,
Margo (one of the 2 mums from Holland).
:heart: :heart: :heart:

By the way, did you see our birthdaywish? We've surely thrown our arms around Dublin..........

There is SO MUCH THINGS TO SAY to you, U2 - where to start?:wink:

First, let me THANK ALL FOUR OF YOU for staying together for over 25 years - both professionally and personally.

U2 has given the world a treasure trove of songs (psalms) which will continue to bring encouragement and ELEVATION to millions of people for MANY years to come. The music you give us is eternal and I will find comfort and inspiration in them for the rest of my life (and probably beyond - wild honey) :yes:

Second, thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a small part of your lives. I have been with U2 since 1981, and feel privileged to have watched all of you grow and MATURE into the EXCELLENT MEN that you are today!

You have given us (your fans/followers) something that few groups give to the people that like them - a REAL PIECE OF YOUR HEARTS AND SOULS. For that, I WILL ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL TO U(2). :up: :hug:

Larry: thank you for the grins on your face lately - they are wonderful to see!
Adam: thank you for your graciousness with all the people who come to HQ to meet you - you are a TRUE gentleman and a REALLY GREAT person!
EDGE: thank you for ALWAYS BEING THERE FOR BONO - your support for his endeavors must mean a lot to him. (And I can't wait to hear your full-on guitar on the next CD!):)

AND BONO - BLESSED MESSENGER OF THE UNIVERSE and AFRICA'S ANGEL - what more can I say to you which I have not already said?

YOU ARE DIVINE INSPIRATION AND CARNAL DELIGHT. YOU ARE THE MOST SWEET and SENSITIVE SOUL I know (of). YOU ARE MY MENTOR, MY HOPE, MY INSPIRATION and the ONE MAN I WILL ALWAYS TRULY LOVE and RESPECT.

BONO, YOU and YOUR FAMILY ARE WISHED THE BEST ALWAYS AND PRAYED FOR UNCEASINGLY. As I KNOW YOU IN MY HEART in this life, GOD has already revealed to me that I WILL KNOW YOUR KINDRED SPIRIT IN A FUTURE TIME.....

In a REAL sense, WE ARE ONE and WE ARE CARRYING EACH OTHER. (although you may not be awrae of this yet)

:bono: :heart: :heart: :wave: :angel:

ONE LOVE, ONE HOPE, ONE GOAL, ONE HEART, ONE SOUL, ONE....

Hello to my favourite band ever. I am also one of your "older" fans (Bono if you read my last letter sent via Emilie, I refer to myself as "your big sister from downunder". )
Like everyone else here my message is one of thanks, love and admiration. Through your music I feel love and connection and I feel proud to be known as a fan of yours. Hardly a day goes by where you are not in my thoughts (or my ears for that matter) and waiting for the new album has become the most exciting thing for me as is the hope of seeing you all live in concert.

:dance: :hyper: :applaud:

God bless you all. Please take good care of yourselves and your families.

p.s. to Bono: If you think your record of a long and happy marriage is one to be proud of - take this: my hubby and I just celebrated our 29th anniversary! Now there's a challenge to you!

Bono....

Bono...you're the most sexy man on the planet, the older you get, the more beautiful you grow. :sexywink:

Remember me (......."what's your name? Will-Ther?se, it's too difficult W.T. is fine..") I'm the other DUTCH MUM who saw you for the first time in Paradiso Amsterdam, about 25 years ago.
You can't imagine how much it meant to me, finally meeting you at HQ May the 3rd !!

Thank you for giving me a great life.

See ya on tour, look at the first row, there will be TWO DUTCH MUMS WHO WOULD LIKE TO DANCE WITH YOU !!!

Stay safe, take care, God bless...

love, kisses and a BIG hug !!!!!!:heart: :hug:

Will-Ther?se (W.T.)
On yar journey....smell the flowers while ya can.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, thank you for all that you do musically. I'm not sure if the 4 of you can even grasp how much your music means to many people through out the globe. You've been the soundtrack to my life and I thank you. There's no other time I'd rather have been alive then right now. One of the reasons, is for your music and live shows. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom