Merged ----> U2 filming new video this week? + Report about the Electrical Storm vid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
spanisheyes said:
Maria getting the U2 goods once again...your the best! Boy, I can't wait to hear this song, and see this video!

Chris

Actually, I posted this on this thread several hours ago:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62693

It's Samantha's "Filming of the Electric Storm video this week" thread. It's right here on this page. I also posted the first report last night.

A kewpie doll to the one who finds the first pics;)

Last edited:
I hope this is no problema Tabby. In fact I hadn?t seen your post there, that thread degenerated into a Zooropa/Pop remixes debate, so I gave up on that one...That?s cool that you posted some info as well, although it?s not the same report.

As I used to say...the more U2 news the better.

;)

Re: Report about the shooting of Electrical Storm video

follower said:
Regarding the music, it starts very slowly to end with a very
crystalline guitar and drum.

For having heard this song all along the night, we can say that "this
song
is great" !

http://www.u2achtung.com

Enough to have more and more sleepless nights.

Thanks to both follower and Tabby

No pictures yet, but a new article...although I definitely cannot agree with it, I mean, that they should follow Aerosmith trend...all those models and perfect faces and bodies...real people are not like that. But this is just me...

Btw, I don?t know this actress Samantha Morton.

And sorry HelloAngel, I tried really hard to find the link but didn?t succeed. I got the article thru email.

Irish Echo
22nd August, 2002

Morton to Act Up a 'Storm' in U2 Video

We certainly hope that the guys in U2 -- all of whom have entered the
fortysomething zone -- aren't planning to take their lead from
wrinkly rockers like Aerosmith or the Rolling Stones. Those bands
have made a point of casting only pretty young models and actresses
in their videos. They seem to think makes them look cutting-edge and
hip, but really, it just makes them look like they're in danger of
breaking a hip.

This thought occurred to us recently when we heard that U2 has hired
actress Samantha Morton to appear in the video for their new
single, "Electric Storm." The 25-year-old Morton, who starred as the
main, waterlogged oracle opposite Tom Cruise and Colin Farrell
in "Minority Report," will pose in a series of "sexy and seductive
scenes" in the video, according to the Sunday World. We think this is
fine, as long as they cast Colin as well. Or at least, get Larry
Mullen Jr. to show a little skin...

? Irish Echo Newspaper Corp. 2002.

Thanks for the the info. It sounds great!! Now i don't want to sound unappreciative, but.... a group of people from a U2 website listened to the song over and over again all night long and not only do we not get a bad sound-clip, but not even any lyrics? hmmmmmm... I'm a little dissapointed, but oh well, I will have to wait patientely.

It said Paul McGuiness was there and told them not to take pics. Maybe they told them not to record any sound. Maybe they even confiscated and destroyed the evidence! j/k But really those people might have wanted pics and recordings as much as we do but didn't want to risk being thrown out. At least they were there and can tell the story.

Hey, like i said, I'm not unappreciative. And i understand not having a recording. But you would think maybe some bits of lyrics if they listened to the song all night long. Although they may not have been close enough to make out the words clearly. I'm ok with it. Just getting antsy!! :)

womanfish said:
Hey, like i said, I'm not unappreciative. And i understand not having a recording. But you would think maybe some bits of lyrics if they listened to the song all night long. Although they may not have been close enough to make out the words clearly. I'm ok with it. Just getting antsy!! :)

Just guessing but maybe it's because they're French and don't understand English that well, especially muffled over an outdoor sound system. Their reports were written in French and had to be translated by someone else. That might explain the lack of lyrics thing. They didn't understand them well enough, maybe.

picturesof the making of the video!!!

elecstorm2.jpg

For more you'll have to go to PLEBA, or follow the pic link...
I just don't want to get in trouble for double posting them.:)

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62801&pagenumber=2

aaahhh yes, very true about the language barrier. I lose sense when it comes to finding out new U2 info.

and what an AWESOME pic!!!!! thanks

Back
Top Bottom