MERGED-->NME says there will be an EXTRA track!+Hidden Track called Fast Cars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

windylad

Babyface
Hidden track called 'Fast Cars' - Radio 1 Zane Lowe

At 7.15 tonight on the Zane Lowe show on BBC Radio 1, he was really plugging the new song titles and mentioned that the bonus track was called 'Fast Cars'.

He loves the new songs in a big way! Thought I would share the extra track!

:hmm:

A few moments ago The Edge revealed that there was an instrumental piece/section buried somewhere on the album. Could this be it...?

:hmm:

Sherlock Marty

i acctually remeber reading something about the track Fast Cars in an old interview, like 2 or 3 years ago. this seems very likely.

Re: Hidden track called 'Fast Cars' - Radio 1 Zane Lowe

windylad said:
At 7.15 tonight on the Zane Lowe show on BBC Radio 1, he was really plugging the new song titles and mentioned that the bonus track was called 'Fast Cars'.

He loves the new songs in a big way! Thought I would share the extra track!

I love Zane Lowe - did he say he had heard the album and loved it, or just the song titles?

Off topic, but listen to Zane's show tomorrow for the interview and acoustic set from The Subways!

There, that's my good deed for the day.

boosterjuice said:
You guys really are on track with your theories, and only few people such as you have actually touched the inner meaning of 1,2,3,14, the true sanctum. One such example, "1,2,3,14" converted into morse code is .- ... -.. ..-. If you take the .'s and convert them to 0's and take the -'s and convert them to 1's, you get the binary number of 010001000010, which is 1090 in decimal. The year 1090 just happens to be 2 years after Christodoulos of Patmos, supported by Emperor Alexius I Komnenos, founded the monastery of Saint John the Theologian on Patmos. Only *4* years after the year 1090 AD... The First Crusade (1095-99) captured Jerusalem; and the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem begins. Now because the Crusade on Jerusalem happened only a short time after the crucial year 1090, we can convert the numbers 1,2,3,14 into the ancient hebrew alphabet, and we get Aleph Vov Daled Samech (because of the differences in alphabets, these might not be accurate translations). We take the letters, and convert them into one word. Alephvovdaledsamech -- which converted phonetically sounds like "A lef volv da leads a mech". We can then read these sounds into words, and we get "A left Volvo does leads a mech." Going further, we get "A left Volvo does lead the mechanics", or "A left Volvo does lead the mechanical industry". We can then read into it, that a "left Volvo", obviously a car made in a country where you drive on the left side of the road, will one day lead the mechanical, or automobile industry. Ford Motors Inc. must have found out about this information before I could disclose it to you -- for they just bought Volvo. Ford is obviously trying to change this age-old Hebrew prophecy, and claim the automobile industry for themselves! You must rally the people! To the top of Mount Sinai! We shall stop them yet! ARMAGEDDON HAS BEGUN!!!!!

Thank you for clearing that up! :bow: :wink:
I knew there HAD to be a simple explanation and now I know! :lmao: :applaud:

*preparing for the rapture*
:reject:

U2girl said:

Under a blood red sky is a live album, not a studio album. While Best of albums are a part of discography, they do not really count as full studio albums, so it's

Boy
October
War
UF
JT
RAH
AB
Zooropa
Pop
ATYCLB

Dismantle is no. 11.

Unforgettable Fire, and the Two Best of's are LP's, so they count

it also makes sense that 1,2,3,14 are the #'s of the albums that Lillywhite produced.. if Bono said 14 just for fun, we might as well call the band dead, i'm 110% sure that he meant 14th LP

Last edited:
***NME says there will be an EXTRA track!!!***

http://www.nme.com/news/110009.htm

THE 'BOMB' SQUAD!

U2 have unveiled the tracklisting for their hugely anticipated new album ‘HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB'.

The band’s tenth studio album is the follow-up to 2000’s ‘All That You Can’t Leave Behind’. Produced by Steve Lillywhite, the early promo copies of the album are surrounded by tight security due to a security lapse in the summer. A CD containing the record was lost or stolen from a photo session in France.

The album is released on November 22, and is preceded by single ‘Vertigo’ which is unleashed on November 8.

There are currently only two copies of the album in the country, and NME has heard one of them. Pick up this week's edition, dated October 2, to read a track-by-track guide to what is set to be one of the biggest albums of the year.

The full tracklisting is:

‘Vertigo’
‘Miracle Drug’
‘Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own’
‘Love And Peace Or Else’
‘City Of Blinding Lights’
‘All Because Of You’
‘A Man And A Woman’
‘Crumbs From Your Table’
‘One Step Closer’
‘Original Of The Species’
‘Yahweh’
Non-UK Bonus track – ‘Fast Cars’

Published: 28-09-2004-11-26

Yeah I read somewhere else a while back that the australian-japan release will get this extra track.

Maybe for not visiting in 01?

Re: ***NME says there will be an EXTRA track!!!***

Larry's drumstick said:
Non-UK Bonus track – ‘Fast Cars’

I think this one is the instrumental.
Fast Cars sounds like Passengers titles.

We had "Ground Beneath..." as an extra track on ATYCLB as well.
While I'm always thankful for a little extra.... It's obviously not 'meant' to be there, in regards to the flow of the album. So umm, I dunno. I'm not sure why it's done only in some parts of the world?

Earnie Shavers said:
We had "Ground Beneath..." as an extra track on ATYCLB as well.
While I'm always thankful for a little extra.... It's obviously not 'meant' to be there, in regards to the flow of the album. So umm, I dunno. I'm not sure why it's done only in some parts of the world?

It's done to help combat higher album costs and piracy in certain parts of the world.

NME will slaugther it, they usually hate U2 and their music. The last time they got a good review from NME was for 'Pop' which got 8/10 (they stated U2 were in a 'relevant record shocker').

They've generally never liked U2 that much. I remember during the ATYCLB promotions, there was an interview with the band where the writer got to hang out with the band over in Dublin for a few days and man, he/she tore through them, had a real distaste for Bono, it was a painful read. I never bought NME since then as I felt it was a which hunt gudging by the article. So I wouldn't expect great things from NME when you read what they've said about it.

Lo-Fi said:
NME will slaugther it, they usually hate U2 and their music. The last time they got a good review from NME was for 'Pop' which got 8/10 (they stated U2 were in a 'relevant record shocker').

They've generally never liked U2 that much. I remember during the ATYCLB promotions, there was an interview with the band where the writer got to hang out with the band over in Dublin for a few days and man, he/she tore through them, had a real distaste for Bono, it was a painful read. I never bought NME since then as I felt it was a which hunt gudging by the article. So I wouldn't expect great things from NME when you read what they've said about it.

Interestingly though, didn't NME do a legends feature or something similar on U2? I think its very much a love/hate relationship NME have with the band

Fast Cars = Native Son = Full Metal Jacket ?????????

Fast Cars, that is so non-u2 and i love it for that reason...more surprises in our direction......!

Party Boy said:

Interestingly though, didn't NME do a legends feature or something similar on U2? I think its very much a love/hate relationship NME have with the band

YES THEY DID! they brought out a mag dedicated to u2 called"nme originals" which had all the best stuff they had written over the years.

I take what critics and reviewers have to say about U2 with a pinch of salt. "Q" magazine have not given U2 a 5star album since "Achtung Baby", they also gave "Rattle & Hum" 5 stars as I have the original review, but if you check there website they now give that 3 stars. I remember there most embarrasing balls up was when they originally reviewed Texas "White on Blonde" and gave it 2 stars. Then, becuase it had sold so well over the following 7 or 8 months, they gave it album of the year and upped their rating to 4 stars. Tossers! A lot of them just don't know what their talking about!

Lo-Fi said:

The NME basically has a love/hate relationship with any band or artist that is successful.

Yea I am anticipating a rough review of the album.

Whoever is buying it, can you tell us about the article?

Back
Top Bottom