MERGED ----> My U2 iPod is on its way!!!+ my U2 iPod on its way+My ipod.. + U2 iPod..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WildHoneyAlways said:

So the iPod doesn't do anything "special"? Hmmm....Oh well, I guess I'm not really missing out. :shrug:

Thanks though...:wink:

Well some would say the differences are: U2 branded (sigs too) & 1st ipod in color other than white. WHich are enough @ the pt of purchase! :)

U2SJ said:
They look like scratches to me. :sad: Tomorrow Im gonna bring it into an Apple store and show them. I have been so careful I just dont get it. And right between the O and the D in IPOD there is this weird looking spot :huh:
Thanks tho, Im gonna get one of those cleaning kits asap.

i don't have a case for mine yet but i saved the plastic wrap that came around it. it's in good condition and not too bulky, since i was careful opening it and still together in one peice. i'm going to keep that around it to prevent some of the scratching or fingerprints. i think i'm going to keep it in there even when i listen to it lol.

anitram said:

Why do people buy a Mercedes when they can buy a Ford for much less?

That reminds me of something Kramer said on Seinfeld...

"Why go to a restaurant when you can just throw something in the microwave? Why go to the park and fly a kite when you can just pop a pill?!"

:lol:

:hmm: your friend could make some $$ knitting ipod cases that say U2 with a heart on them...maybe black and red :laugh:

Bonochick said:

That reminds me of something Kramer said on Seinfeld...

"Why go to a restaurant when you can just throw something in the microwave? Why go to the park and fly a kite when you can just pop a pill?!"

Hahahaaha...

And how about, why watch U2 on SNL when you can replay your tape of Ashlee Simpson?

ABEL said:
:hmm: your friend could make some $$ knitting ipod cases that say U2 with a heart on them...maybe black and red :laugh:

I'd definetly be willing to buy one. :yes:

I hate wrapping up this beautiful thing in an ugly case...it's opaque but it just makes the thing look dull grey with a bright red wheel. The black is so shiny...I love it!

:hyper:
my iPod arrived today.

So whats the best idea to charge it up fully before first use...i never really quite got that stuff posted about batteries on the apple site.

Charge the ipod with the outlet plug first - takes around 8 hours to fully charge and then charge to the outlet plug instead of to your computer

in terms of cases the iskins are probably the most protective

The website ipodgargage.com offers some nice helpful hints and the owner of the site appears to be a u2 fan:)

G*&dammitt, my iPod got scratched! Just a warning, the Action Jacket they sell at Best Buy is a scratcher. I was so meticulous in how I handled my iPod and now this damned thing scratched it. The plastic front is sewed inward right underneat the red wheel. Therefore, just under my red wheel, there's now a dull mark from the plastic. It won't come off no matter what.

I'm seriously thinking of going back to Best Buy for this. After all, it was the dude at the counter who highly recommended this Action Jacket product. I'm on the fence right now on whether or not to just swallow it or actually complain. The back is fine, but now the shiny black front has a dulled half moon shape below the red wheel.

Okay, I better stop and breathe. Just watch out for that product. Any of you guys recommend something else (aside from home-made knitted cases).?

I'm aussuming the Aussie iPods come from NSW (like mine) Well atleast they are shipped out of there..

Mine didnt come in the Mail, it was delived by somone in a Goodfallars delivery truck...so yeah :)

My iPod is scratched also...it just happens! :)

I finally created a playlist in my iPod. Is there actually a way I can shuffle songs within a playlist that I've created? I tried the Apple iPod FAQ and iPod manuals to no avail. It seems a pretty common thing, but the shuffle button seems to only allow shuffling of all songs or all albums.

ADecentMelody said:
I finally created a playlist in my iPod. Is there actually a way I can shuffle songs within a playlist that I've created? I tried the Apple iPod FAQ and iPod manuals to no avail. It seems a pretty common thing, but the shuffle button seems to only allow shuffling of all songs or all albums.

Go to Settings, then set Shuffle to "Songs." Now when you go to any of your playlists, the songs will play in a random order.

I got mine. on the 17th.

It is bad ass.. BTW.

I choose overnight shipping and mine came from China. It took about a week (6days)

I ordered min on Oc.31.

I spoke to a woman @ apple and she said that DEMAND for the U2 ipod has been greater than expected that is why they are coming striaght from china.

ipod in general is very cool.. I have been enjoying the uniqueness of the U2 ipod.

T

I was fortunate enough to get mine last week. I've gone though a couple 4G ipods now, and I swear this one gets at least two more hours of life than the others I had. Plus I believe the responsiveness of the clickwheel is really much faster as well.

Good, good stuff. Quality.

Queen Bee said:

I just got a shipping confirmation email from Apple! The estimated delivery date is set for this Thursday! :hyper:

I got my email confirmation today too!!! Mine will be here tomorrow!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:D

bono_man2002 said:
Mine came as such a surpise.
The Mail came...and nothing...and about 4:30, the Delivery guy came!! :dance:

Congratulations.

So what do you think? Isn't it the coolest little thing you've ever seen!!

Are you keeping the box?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom