MERGED-->Location of New York show READ if you're going

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Location of New York show READ if you're going

Just saw this on U2log.com

Where’s the Show?
cindy // 21-11-04 // 05:17 PM // Comments (0)
As we reported earlier, a secret show in New York City on Monday appears to be no BS; however, there does appear to be some BS about where it will take place. Let’s sort out the BS, ok?

Our source informed us that crew have been instructed to congregate at Washington Square Park at 1 pm for a secret show. We still believe that a show will be occurring at this location; however, we concede that it is possible this park could be a meeting spot only for the crew — a measure to keep the true location of the show secret. As Washington Square Park is located downtown, near the borough of Brooklyn, it is the perfect meeting spot if you were heading to a special event near the Brooklyn Bridge.

Some fans with whom U2log.com staff have a personal connection (and therefore trust) met Bono after the Saturday Night Live performance last night. They said that he whispered the secret show will be at the Brooklyn Bridge. Empire Fulton Ferry State Park is located between Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges and has been used by other artists for promotional events filmed by MTV. This park could be the true location of the secret show OR a location of a second show, which is what we suspect. There could be a caravan of performances on Monday. We’ve heard a rumor that a flatbed truck might be involved.

If you want to believe the theory that there will be a second show (or the only show!) in Brooklyn, go to to 1iota.com and register for free tickets to a special event with “one of the biggest rock bands in the world.” But watch out: it might be Bon Jovi you’ll be seeing.

In short, we stand by our earlier recommendation that fans be at Washington Square Park at 1 pm. If this is only a meeting spot, the crew can lead fans to the final destination.

Last edited:
Crap! Thanks for passing this along... I have registered, waiting for my confirmation.

Got a ticket for whatever this is:

Event Date:
Monday, November 22, 2004

Arrival Time:
2:30 pm

Meeting Place:
Empire Fulton Ferry State Park
26 New Dock Street
Brooklyn, NY
(btwn the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges)

(You can take the F train from Manhattan to the York St. stop)
Please dress like you are going to a club. NO large logos or white clothing please, as it is bad for camera.

Upon arrival look for the 1iota banner and your name will be on the 1iota master list at the check in table.

NOT TO BE SOLD OR TRANSFERRED – MUST BE USED BY THE INVITEE ONLY (WHO MUST SHOW VALID GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID) -- REVOCABLE AT ANY TIME

E-tickets are in excess of capacity; therefore, an e-ticket may not guarantee admittance. This card of admission is void unless presented to the studio before the door closing time specified. By accepting this e-ticket, the invitee grants to the producers of this program, its sponsors and those licensed to broadcast the Program live, exhibit it, consent to use the invitee’s name, voice and likeness in the Program and in publicity and promotional materials for the program. The invitee hereby acknowledges that 1iota Productions, LLC owns all rights to the Program. The invitee releases and holds harmless 1iota Productions, LLC, the sponsor(s) of the program and its advertising agencies from any liability for loss or damage to persons or property arising out of the acceptance of this e-ticket or attendance at or exhibition of the Program. The producers and 1iota Productions LLC reserve the right to refuse admission and/or search any individual and his/her possessions, and to revoke this ticket at any time. SMOKING AND THE USE OF CAMERAS OR RECORDING DEVICES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED. TAPING SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

Miroslava said:

Please dress like you are going to a club. NO large logos or white clothing please, as it is bad for camera.

SMOKING AND THE USE OF CAMERAS OR RECORDING DEVICES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED. TAPING SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

Looks like your ticket is for the show!

:hmm: Interesting points there - are U2 just taping this for themselves or will this end up TV transmission?

One of readers at U2log.com added this update:

U2 Secret Show Update
Either there are two major secret shows happening in NYC on Monday at 2 pm, or U2 IS NOT PLAYING in Washington Square Park.

Yesterday U2log.com reported that U2 is playing around 2 pm in Washington Square Park.

This morning, Janelle told me, and an email in my inbox confirmed, that MTV is holding a special performance "by one of the BIGGEST ROCK BANDS in the WORLD" in Brooklyn at the same time.

I logged into 1iota (hint), requested 2 tickets, and within an hour I got my confirmation. So either I'll be missing U2 tomorrow to see one of the OTHER biggest rock bands in the world, or a lot of people will be standing in Washington Square Park wondering what's going on while I'm checking out U2 'btwn the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges' on the Brooklyn side.

:confused:

I would suggest watching TRL. As I had mentioned in the what to tape thread, on Thursday at the end of TRL they said "tune in on Monday so see a very special surprise from U2"

So this is it!

However, I still have a "weird" request for those that will have internet access on Monday and can serve as my eyes if need be. I would just want someone to do me the humongous favor of taking my cell phone number and calling me if something was to change (and possibly entertain a freaked out call from me if need be). If anyone can volunteer for this I would be forever and ever grateful.

spamthisaccount[at]comcast.net

Thanks!!!

TRL said that?

The more I think about it, the more that update doesn't make sense: why would TRL hype up for U2 but MTV will tape someone else?

But as far as I know, the second single is Sometimes you can't make it on your own...?

It HAS to be at the Brooklyn Bridge location...think about it. How many biggest rock bands in the world are there? You think friggin' Bon Jovi are performing on the same f'n day that U2 is, with a surprise show? YEAH RIGHT!!

I'm seeing U2 in Brooklyn baby!!!!! My borough! No sleep till Brooklyn! YEAAAAHHHH!!!!

It has got to be them. Nothing else makes sense. Thus, I am on the list! Whooo.

Still going to go to the park first see if I can get anything out of the crew if there is one there. Then I am immediately headed to the location to get in line. The e-ticket is not a guarantee....

So.damn.excited. :drool:

This is very stressful! I can leave work at 12 and I can be at Washington Square Park by 1....but I would like to know if I should be going straight to Brooklyn!!!

Straight through? No stop at the park...

Well... since you did meet Bono last night (lloks like you are not recovered either, cant blame you)... I may just have to do that too.

Registered and will be driving 3 hours tomorrow morning hoping this is for real!!!!

Help!! I don't know where to go tomorrow. Anyone have any more definite word on Washington Square Park vs. Brooklyn??

sounds like bklyn is the right call. wash sq. park is small compared w/ the space under the bridge. also, a friend told me they are also shooting a video here in nyc today. they are apparently on a truck outside central park right now!!!!!!!

U2 IN NYC Nov-22

If you've checked out U2.com today, the web site is hinting that U2 will be doing something 'special' in NY for the release of the new album. Does anyone know what U2 will be doing in NYC for the release of HTDAAB? Any rumors or hearsay would be appreciated!!

Re: U2 IN NYC Nov-22

eddieg710 said:
If you've checked out U2.com today, the web site is hinting that U2 will be doing something 'special' in NY for the release of the new album. Does anyone know what U2 will be doing in NYC for the release of HTDAAB? Any rumors or hearsay would be appreciated!!

Concert under brooklyn bridge on brooklyn side.

4pm.

Free for all.

ollboy said:
sounds like bklyn is the right call. wash sq. park is small compared w/ the space under the bridge. also, a friend told me they are also shooting a video here in nyc today. they are apparently on a truck outside central park right now!!!!!!!

I'm sure there are hundreds of parks outside central park right now.

Do you realize how big central park is?

Back
Top Bottom