Losing your love for U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_212 said:
Zoot.... Iwas just posting the ones I could think of.....like I said, I actually do love and enjoy all of those songs, no matter how much I might find some of the lyrics rather silly.....and I know bono didn't write that one line :wink:

okay. :lol: I didn't mean to come off so curt or anything with my post! You're hard to pick a fight with anyway. You're such a sweetie! :hug:

:wink:

Nube Gris said:
what do you hate so much about 'a man and a woman' gibson girl?
your'e gay or something?:eyebrow:

Good God, Interference is hilarious.

:lol:

Come on, people, it's Tim Curry Time!

interferencesuckass.gif

love_u2_adam said:
^did you read that we should start a band:hyper:.........................:lmao:

If we were to start up a band, I think we'd end up like Pink Floyd circa 1985 within one day.

Must be that Achtung Baby, Zooropa and POP wernt great records either...infact even Joshua Tree had haters because U2 had got too mainstream for them, things havent changed nor will they ever change, this critisism will continue for all eternity no matter what record U2 comes out with. London New York Paris Munich everybody talk about terrible music. It has always been this way for a small populus, and especially when they got a chance to vent on the internet about how terrible U2 had become yet they still come to U2 related websites....80s, 90s, 2000s it hasnt changed any.

love_u2_adam said:
if some of you said that your losing your love for u2...:shifty:then why are you still here??? :huh:

Because coming here has made me ever so much more tolerant of Church fans who are wankers.

:wink:

Windmilllane said:
Is anybody close to losing their love for U2?

I personally can't find myself ever losing my love for U2, but I have noticed that some people are starting to lose their love for U2.

Never. I find it scary that my love seems to grow stronger everyday. It's causing problems because when I'm listening ot music it's probably U2 about 80-85% of the time. I have way too many cd's to be aloting 85% of my tiem to one band. :|

Even if they never make another album I like again, they've made so much music that I love and it's enough. Of course I may some day find I've lost interest in that too, I guess we all go through phases, but I don't see it happening soon.

And please don't tell me there's been insulting of Some Days Are Better Than Others in this thread. :rant:

I love that song...Bono getting in touch with his feminine side I think but it's only a theory.

"Some days" isn't supposed to be a deep song. The Edge does all the talking in that one! Outstanding guitar sounds! I love this one Bonoism: "Skin is white but you think you're a brother" - that reminds me of my little brother Danny. Or should I say D. Money.

bono_212 said:
I just don't get where people are saying that past U2 lyrics are so much superior
(before I continue this post please note that I do love pretty much every U2 album, believe that there are amazing lyrics in the past albums, and know that the recent albums have crappy ones as well at certain points)

But....

Some days are dry, some days are leaky
Some days come clean, other days are sneaky
(sdabto)

We're mild and green
And squeaky clean
(zooropa)

Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, it's alright
Hey baby, hey baby, hey baby, hey baby
It's alright, it's alright
(Zoo Station)

And a woman needs a man
Like a fish needs a bicycle
(TTTYAATW)

Midnight is where the day begins
(lemon)

I could go on, and please note, I love all of these above songs...I'm just pointing out that practically NONE of their songs have perfect lyrics.

sdabto is a toss, obviously. great music and melodies hoewver.

i'm not sure if you're aware, but the first half of zooropa is based entirely on advertisements and product slogans. subtle brilliance and the perfect way to set that entire record up.

the zoo station lyrics you quoted are transition pieces. time is a train that makes the future the past. it leaves you standing in the station with your face pressed up against the glass. enough said.

no comment is necessary on tttyaatw. subtle brilliance.

no comment is necessary on lemon. subtle brilliance.

ultraviolet is probably bono's best biblical allusion.

SUBTLE BRILLIANCE.

bono is not an intellectual torTOISE, but he seems content to settle at this point.

fyi, which I am sure most of you know this:

A woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle is a feminst slogan and was quoted by this person:

[q]Meaning

A feminist slogan.

Origin

Often attributed to Gloria Steinem. Other claims for origination point to Flo (Florynce) Kennedy or to an anonymous author who painted the slogan on a wall at University of Wisconsin in 1969.

Gloria Steinem had this to say in a letter she wrote to Time magazine in autumn 2000:

"In your note on my new and happy marital partnership with David Bale, you credit me with the witticism 'A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.' In fact, Irina Dunn, a distinguished Australian educator, journalist and politician, coined the phrase back in 1970 when she was a student at the University of Sydney."[/q]
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/414150.html

i like 'midnight is where the day begins'.

i've always taken it to mean that out of a dark hour something new is born.

it kinda makes sense if the song alludes to bono's mother.

lmjhitman said:
i like 'midnight is where the day begins'.

i've always taken it to mean that out of a dark hour something new is born.

it kinda makes sense if the song alludes to bono's mother.

"Always pain before the child is born"

It's a nice play of the idea:

"It's always darkest before the dawn."

Hope.

but you have a poetic soul, lmj

I find that line with sense too, but... oh well, whatever

Windmilllane said:
Is anybody close to losing their love for U2?

I personally can't find myself ever losing my love for U2, but I have noticed that some people are starting to lose their love for U2.

no

got too many of their songs that i love in my head............

and having seen them perform live since 83-84 and thru this tour [not a big amount- compared to many folk here but alot for me under little monies circumstances - borrowed/credit card/gift etc].....their performance is as exciting/
fun/serious/uplifting/sexy/beautiful/moving as ever!
In some ways best yet!!! :drool: :heart: :applaud: :applaud:

SpaceOddity said:

As a side note, I also think it's amusing that some people seem to be "threatening" to stop liking U2, like it's a major announcement and the masses are really concerned. :rolleyes:

YES. You are my hero.

I actually could have quoted the whole post and given it a :up:, but whatever.

If you hate the last two albums, guess what? You've already told us a thousand times. Talk about something else, because talking about things you hate will only make you upset :wink: and if you just don't like U2 anymore at all, then why even post in a U2 forum? So you can bitch about how much you hate them? Go post on the Radiohead forums, man, since Radiohead is clearly everything U2 isn't.

and I do love Radiohead, really I do.

Re: Re: Losing your love for U2

:love: I'm in love with your sig AtomicBono! It's so beautiful...

dazzledbylight said:
and having seen them perform live since 83-84 and thru this tour [not a big amount- compared to many folk here but alot for me under little monies circumstances - borrowed/credit card/gift etc].....their performance is as exciting/
fun/serious/uplifting/sexy/beautiful/moving as ever!
In some ways best yet!!! :drool: :heart: :applaud: :applaud:
Glad you loved them! Seems to me like most of the people who bitch about U2 concerts are the ones that have seen them a very large number of times... *runs from the wrath*

Back
Top Bottom