Live Nation U2 Survey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it were only to the fans going to multiple shows, U2 would never sell out arenas or stadiums.
The majority of people going to a U2 show are not hardcore fans and not people who go to see multiple concerts.
We've had this discussion so many times since the tour.
Many fans seem to over-estimate their position amongst the general U2 audience.

:ohmy:

I don't know if this is somehow related, but I just read that Madonna is leaving her record label Warner Music and has made a new contract with Live Nation.

For what it's worth, the band would get more money from me going to 5 or more shows at $50 for floor like on Vertigo, than going to one show at $160 (or zero shows at $300, the max price). And even if not all fans are going to multiple shows, alot are, and alot wouldn't be able to at those prices.

There are alot of bands that are able to put on an arena show, and fill it, for $35-$50 tickets. And if u2 is going for a stripped down, few props, intimate kind of show, there is no reason why they can't do the same - and you can't get fewer props than elevation and vertigo.

gabrielvox said:
how did they decide who to email?

including everyone in our house, we have 3 u2.com memberships

and none of us got emails

:sad:

Did you go to Hawaii? Live Nation was the promoter for that show, there was probably fine print on the TM page somewhere that we allowed them to give our emails to the promoter or something.....

Billboard had an interview/article with Paul McG. he was talking about the next tour. Saying something in the lines that U2 might consider doing stadiums/big production next tour.

Demand was so crazy for the arena shows. If they did $60-$120 for stadium pricing I don't see why U2 wouldn't sell out stadiums in the US.

Big Production + Stadiums + Fair pricing+ New U2 album=:drool:

Nightsong said:

Did you go to Hawaii? Live Nation was the promoter for that show, there was probably fine print on the TM page somewhere that we allowed them to give our emails to the promoter or something.....

I bought Hawaii tickets, LA tickets, buttloads of tickets for other concerts, and I have an account at TM.

I just got a survey from Live Nation about Madonna but this one said that she was touring in '08 and they wanted our feedback to help build her next tour. Makes me wonder again what the U2 survey was about since it didn't mention '08 tour specifically.

Last edited:
This is U2/Live Nation doing market research, trying to figure out what the best way to go for the next tour will be. The format of the Elevation/Vertigo tours is done; to do a tour like that again would be redundant and blasted by critics and fans alike. They're working on something big, something different, and they're trying to figure out exactly what they should do.

I got one after a Bruce Springsteen concert I went to recently, asking me to evaluate it in several different areas. Got the U2 one as well, I never did it.

According to Rolling Stone the deal for Madonna is $125 million for which she shares revenue for record sales, performance, merchandise and even the rights to her name.
It's called 360-Degree Deals and it typically ask artist to give up about ten percent of their touring, merchandise and publishing to the record company.

The lables can even get a cut of the artist run clothing lines as well as a cut if the song is used on tv or in movies.

Just sounds like another way to screw the artist because the lables are desperate due to falling album sales.
Paul McGuinness could broker a deal for U2, sure, but some younger artist would stand to loose even more revenue from the get go.
In my opinion it would make the artist almost have to have a string of hits from the time of signing, and still make less money.

or it could give a lot of $'s backing even more crap artist/music.

Back
Top Bottom