Lillywhite has replaced Chris Thomas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mikal said:
lol. i didn't say that for your entertainment, but thanks for the feedback.

I dont know how to make this any clearer...Stuff like this will cause me to ban you. I'm not just replying for the hell of it.

Back to the topic...

Angela Harlem said:

I dont know how to make this any clearer...Stuff like this will cause me to ban you. I'm not just replying for the hell of it.

Back to the topic...

whoa whoa whoa!

first off, i already said that i was embarrassed by posting that. i was drunk when i posted it, and if it offended people, then i regret posting it.

secondly, i have a mentally challenged cousin, who i see once a week, and take care of, yet i still feel comfortable using the word "retard." why? i have a different kind of sense of humor than you. even bono said, "we're one, but we're not the same."

but to threaten me with banning? come one! while i sympathize with you if you were offended, i think as a mod, it would have been a better choice to email directly with how you felt about my comment, and i would have willingly apologized to you faster than a brett favre spiral. but threatening only causes a backlash. trust me, i know, having been in leadership/teaching situations.

but the fact is, and i've said this in other threads, i have a very crass sense of humor, and i'm very proud of it, and don't plan on changing it. but i love U2 very much, and that's why i post here. if interference doesn't support all kinds of U2 fans, then that's really unfortunate.

now, if you would like to discuss this further, please email me, which should have been done in the first place.

thanks.

mike

I applaud your sentiment that discussions shouldn't take place in here but in an email

thing is though that there's nothing to discuss
as angie pointed out using language like that will get you banned from here
that's not really a threat nor is it something that will be discussed with tea and biscuits

and it doesn't hurt that everyone is aware of forum policy
perhaps we should even just post forum policy in an F.A.Q. section

Michael Griffiths said:

Man, EM - you tell the best stories. :lmao: We must hook up at the Cambie before I take off (I'm taking off on March 9th). E-mail me.

Hey bro I lost your email :( mine is pnagra@telus.net, i'm going to BCIT right now and things are kinda hectic but dammit we have to have a mini U2 fest at the Cambie like we talked about before you go. :yes: I will bring my 'exorcism' friend, he's a huge U2 fan like us he's just not much into online forums but you'll definatley like this guy he's so funny and he does this crazy Bono/Elvis dance when he's had a few ! :lmao: What would be really cool is to go see a U2 tribute band, my friend went to one a year and a half ago at Studebakers in Burnaby but unfortuanely the girls he was with got really drunk and got kicked out of the bar. :down: Bottom line we need to have a Vancouver mini U2 fest and as many fellow Vancouver U2 forumites would be cool. Our friends especially girls get really pissed off at us because whenever me and him get together to party especially at my place all we listen to is like U2 non-stop, although we sometimes throw a crumb at our friends and let them listen to the odd Coolio song. :hyper: They can't do much about it cause it's my apartment. :lmao:

Last edited:
it's all funny till it hits to close to home, then it's offensive :shrug:

you can't win in this PC world of ours.

personally if someone calls something retarded, i don't find it to be making fun of the mentaly handicapped in any way. maybe some do :shrug: should those in IO stop eating people's brains as to not offend those who are or know victims of cannibalism? sounds stupid i know, but hell...

i think there's some serious over-reaction going on here, but eh... maybe i'm wrong. but i'm not a mod and it's not my site... so if calling something retarded is a bannible offense, well then go right ahead and do so.

aaaand back to the topic at hand...

i don't care when the next U2 album comes out, as long as it comes out...

and it better not sound anything like Elton John.... :|

i dont think atyclb is crap, its just dull but some people like that kind of music. i dont like atyclb not my kind of music. give me AB, jt, war anytime atyclb zzzzzzzzz.i actuall dont even think of that as a u2 album(why?) zooropa is where it all ended.

Again?
*sigh*

There's nothing wrong with going back (on some parts, ATYCLB had new ground for U2 musically as well) if the songs are good. And they are - not to mention time proved U2 right.

shaun vox said:
i dont think atyclb is crap, its just dull but some people like that kind of music. i dont like atyclb not my kind of music. give me AB, jt, war anytime atyclb zzzzzzzzz.i actuall dont even think of that as a u2 album(why?) zooropa is where it all ended.
Do you mean that Zooropa was the beginning of the end of the end of the beginning? ie - do you mean that Zooropa was the last "proper" U2 album, or the first "improper" one?

martha said:

ducks.gif

quack

yes, i think that zooropa was the last proper album of u2.
after 10 years it is still fresh and has its sperkling moments.

pop is unfinished but has a few great songs too (mofo, gone, miami, velvet dress, wudm)
imo discotheque, sats, lnoe are overrated...boring songs!

atyclb is nice and better than pop but only second class compared to unforgettable fire, joshua tree & achtung baby.

hopefully the new record kicks some ass...but to be honest i doubt it

martha said:
It's not.

And I love you. :kiss:

Uh, I don't how to respond to that. I'm just trying to help. :angel:

However, I do agree that Zooropa is where U2 took a real left hand turn. ATYCLB was righting the ship a little bit. I think this next album will be much more centeralized. However, I don't mean to suggest it will be pop or light. I think U2 is really going to try to "rawk". I think....

I think so to Reggie - this album will rock :hyper:
First we heard they had rocking leftovers from ATYCLB recording anyway, then we heard several people songs are filled with guitar and rocking and the quotes from the band (not just Bono - I remember Edge saying it is their rockiest since the early days).

Scorching 45s :up:

Back
Top Bottom