Its Official Johnny Sucks # 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheU2

Refugee
Its official.

I must say that U2 has now surpased the beatles as obtaining the coveted thrown of Rock Music Kings. They are without a doubt, the best band to have ever walked Earth. The longevity and relevance and damn right great music has propelled them past all contenders.

Congratulations U2!

CK

Here, here!

I'll drink to that shit.

------------------
Such a nice day
Let it go...

Originally posted by TheU2:
Its official.

I must say that U2 has now surpased the beatles as obtaining the coveted thrown of Rock Music Kings. They are without a doubt, the best band to have ever walked Earth. The longevity and relevance and damn right great music has propelled them past all contenders.

Congratulations U2!

CK

Nope, I'd have to disagree.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Do you honestly think a U2 greatest hits type album released 30 years from now would shoot to number 1 and sell millions upon millions of copies? Honestly? I don't deny U2's greatness...but no one can touch The Beatles. They COMPLETELY revolutionized modern music. I can't say the same for U2. U2 have influenced a number of bands in their time...but the Beatles have influenced every band since their conception.

Just my take on it.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 02-10-2002).]

U2 are better. in my mind there is no question.
but the beatles were great and they were the revolutionaries. in a way the beatles limited what anyone else could do because of the way they revolutionized music.
where the beatles were revolutionary U2 has been superior yet only innovative and creative(not to understate U2's brilliance)

it's like comparing you're modern day cellphone with bluetooth and high speed gsm web connectivity to the telegraph.

------------------
i am ready to communicate with you

Nobody, and I mean nobody, is better than U2. Their versatility alone puts them far ahead of bands like the Beatles and Stones. They have changed their sound so many times, yet have preserved their essence.

When you hear the Salome outtakes, you realize that the songs that never make it on U2's albums or any other release are great themselves.

Who is to say or define what rock n' roll greatness really is? We all have our own definitions. My definition is this: universal appeal, versatility, virtuosity, relevance, longevity, flair, lyrical depth, individuality, the ability to rise to the occasion, and a powerful, memorable live presence.

By that definition, you tell me a band who is greater than U2.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Hawk269 (edited 02-10-2002).]

The Beatles were the FIRST big rock n roll band and people reacted to that in shock and love, and those same people still buy into the Beatles because they fondly remember them as their first love in music.

You never forget your first
biggrin.gif

The Beatles are bigger than Jesus so they may win this argument.

"We're bigger than Jesus." -- John Lennon

yeah and Oasis said they were bigger than God too...........
rolleyes.gif

honestly why does one have to trample the other,,,,,In my opinion there is no 'biggest' band, just a big name thats had a rocket up its arse for many many years.............
smile.gif
see?

Originally posted by Hawk269:
Nobody, and I mean nobody, is better than U2. Their versatility alone puts them far ahead of bands like the Beatles and Stones. They have changed their sound so many times, yet have preserved their essence.

When you hear the Salome outtakes, you realize that the songs that never make it on U2's albums or any other release are great themselves.

Who is to say or define what rock n' roll greatness really is? We all have our own definitions. My definition is this: universal appeal, versatility, virtuosity, relevance, longevity, flair, lyrical depth, individuality, the ability to rise to the occasion, and a powerful, memorable live presence.

By that definition, you tell me a band who is greater than U2.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Hawk269 (edited 02-10-2002).]

Hawkmoon, get back to work!

CK

Back
Top Bottom