Is this the first title of a track from NEXT album?? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2001, 01:28 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 01:42 PM
Is this the first title of a track from NEXT album??

A great interview with Bono in the Weekender (a supplement with the Irish Independent on Saturdays) and he was mostly talking about the NY shows following the WTC tragedy, and also the bombings, but he also spoke about his Da passing away, and he has wrote a song for him, maybe this is known, but it's the first I heard about it, here's the bit in the article about it....

Bono has recently written a song about his father, called Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own. In the abscence of a handy guitar, Bono half-sings, half-speaks some of it("You don't have to put up a fight/ You don't have to always be right"), and then subsides into an uncharacteristic hush.

Well, sounds to me like the best song from the next album, even just with the title and those 2 lines, but we all know what Bono can do, especially when driven by severe emotions, and there ain't much more severe than losing your da.

The whole article was pretty good, maybe there is a link to it on the Irish Independent site, which I can't think of right now.

Old 11-24-2001, 04:05 PM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 08:42 AM
yes yes yes I heard him talk about this song somewhere else too, on American tv, I dont remember which of the gazillion appearances. Either a TV one or a newspaper or magazine article. Could be the Details article. Sounds like a great song, I dont know if Bono will want to include it on the album though, it may be too personal. I hope they do...

Old 11-24-2001, 04:14 PM   #3
Forum Moderator
The Goal Is Soul

Local Time: 05:42 AM
I've heard about this song as well, and it sounds beautiful...also, there was the song that Bono played in his car stereo on the CNN special a few months back about his children I believe that sounded amazing as well...we can only hope that these gems will make it to the light of day.

Chris
Old 11-24-2001, 04:16 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by spanisheyes:
I've heard about this song as well, and it sounds beautiful...also, there was the song that Bono played in his car stereo on the CNN special a few months back about his children I believe that sounded amazing as well...we can only hope that these gems will make it to the light of day.

Chris
Is there anywhere that this special is online?

------------------
And I felt like a star...